over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

no pressing for shoulders

I agree nothing like a press DONE RIGHT to widen the delts. You gotta pull your elbows all the way out to the sides not in front and u gotta keep your hands above your elbows at all times. Do not press dbs up in a triangle shape. I tell ppl doin db press to keep the same distance between them at the top as at the bottom and pretend its a straight bar their lifting. Also, on another note, i only press for delts every other week to keep tendonitis at bay. i also think wide incline press widens the delts a lot and also increases your military strength which in turn builds more mass

Tatteredangel pm me your email, I'll send you something which may be of help

I agree nothing like a press DONE RIGHT to widen the delts. You gotta pull your elbows all the way out to the sides not in front and u gotta keep your hands above your elbows at all times. Do not press dbs up in a triangle shape. I tell ppl doin db press to keep the same distance between them at the top as at the bottom and pretend its a straight bar their lifting. Also, on another note, i only press for delts every other week to keep tendonitis at bay. i also think wide incline press widens the delts a lot and also increases your military strength which in turn builds more mass
How wide of a grip do you take (barbell of course)? I did standing for the first time in a while yesterday after reading this thread; wore my delts out! But I was kinda distracted from playing around w/ the grip.

I generally went for a forearm perpendicular to the ground grip; but that all depends on how far down you come.

Also, started the workout w/ db side laterals to make sure the presses would kill the medials first. My anterior delts are very over-powering.

I prefer rear delt lateral raises. Get ahold of a flat bench and sit on it with your ass close to the end of it and your legs together and feet on the floor at the end of the bench. Bend your upper torso so that your chest is on your quads and grab the dumbbells (which would be sitting on the floor underneath you). Then proceed to do whatever rep/set combination suits your workout style.

The problem with this exercise is people tend to cheat too much with it and use their back instead of the rear delts. A much better exercise is to do a reverse incline raises. Lay chest first on an incline bench and do the raises that way. This takes the back out completely and focuses the weight on your rear delts where it should be. You'll most likely have to use a lighter weight than you have been, but that's ok.

The problem with this exercise is people tend to cheat too much with it and use their back instead of the rear delts. A much better exercise is to do a reverse incline raises. Lay chest first on an incline bench and do the raises that way. This takes the back out completely and focuses the weight on your rear delts where it should be. You'll most likely have to use a lighter weight than you have been, but that's ok.
this is the way i have always worked out rear delts.... in my opinion, its the only way.

upright rows of all varieties are great for shoulder development. i pre-exaust on a lateral (rear or side) and then do the UR. you can also do URs before your presses to warm everything up.

some people i've trained can't shoulder press because they are going to heavy, too often on chest pressing movements. once they cut out some of this overtraining (like all the forced reps every set of bench), then they are magically able to do shoulder presses without pain.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear