advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Not so fast, FASTED CARDIO debunked for superior fat loss?!!

as a body can store up to 2000 calories of glycogen that is a lot of fasting and training to get the tanks empty to start burning fat. the theory never made a lot of sense to me.
**broken link removed**

You do not have to be totally depleted of CHO in order to burn fat during cardio. Depending on level of intensity you are always burning a mixture of CHO and FFA for energy production. The percentages have to do with the intensity of the exercise.

Hopefully ill have some GH soon, and it will make the morning cardio results even greater. I do feel like being on an empty stomach from sleeping all night will help, but i also like the fact that i wont have to do cardio after i train later at night.

I can just train and have my intra drink, then go home and eat in the evening. Im not on either side of the argument, i do feel like AM cardio could be better, but i have almost always done it post workout with great results so i cant knock it.

Here is the thing,

So we all know that when you wake up and are in a fasted state, glycogen stores are MORE depleted than when you eat a meal. That being said, when you do fasted AM cardio, you are burning more fat, especially if you administered an intramuscular GH shot for a faster onset 30min before hand and took 20mcg of Clen! ;) I have to also agree that doing cardio WHENEVER is better than no cardio at all! So definitely get it in and if you can, preferably AM fasted. I mostly do my cardio after I train and a few days fasted AM cardio but most days are after I train.

-Baseline

My own studies show fasted works very well.

I agree. This is why I still consider fasted AM cardio preferable. We know it DOES lead to increased release of FFA (beta oxidation) and we do many things as bodybuilders to enhance this FFA release (GH) and also enhance the utilization of these FFA in the blood stream (stimulants, t3) and not eating for an hour or two AFTER the cardio. The women in this study ate right after the cardio. Not to mention they are natural, not on any "supplements" and such. We know fasted morning cardio leads to more fat oxidation in a short window but this doesn't necessarily translate to more real world fat loss (in normal people). However, the other things (drugs) WE (obsessive bodybuilders) do CAN potentially result in slightly more actual real world fat loss from capitalizing on this window of increased FFA release and thus utilization.

Are any of you guys actually READING the studies? Christ...

In this new thread (why do we have a new thread?), they take supplement with carbs and shit post cardio.

If you're pounding carbs post workout you're stopping fat burning, mkay.

Great point, and why if absolute fat loss is the primary objective, you should not eat or have BCAA/PRO immediately after cardio. Keep cruising on that wave of FFA release with the GH and whatnot for an hour or two after, keep insulin quiet, let the ephedrine, caffeine, clen, GTE (whatever it is you take) help out with the freed up FA, then eat a little while later. The fear of going "catabolic" and eating up muscle in this window is pure broMyth lore.

There is a reason so many trainers/gurus recommend doing early AM fasted cardio if you can, it works better for their clients and they see this. Most anecdotal reports from vets supports the same.

Last edited:
I'm surprised there is even a debate. Fasted am cardio is superior imho to any other time. Over and over and over again I've compared both(cardio done later in the day or late like 9pm) and nothing comes close to fasted am cardio.

So any study saying the opposite doesnt always jive with real world results where people are indeed burning way more fat doing fasted am cardio. For me it's night and day difference. No comparison between am fasted or later in the day.

For me am fasted if you want to get shredded or later in the day to also lose fat but if just doing it for health reasons. I find I can get away with doing less cardio in the am fasted then I would need to do another time of day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Are any of you guys actually READING the studies?
Most don't even read the posts....
I posted this exact study in the other thread and apparently nobody bothered to look at it in their praises of fasted cardio, etc. and a few posts after mine the op posted it like it was a shock.

Most don't even read the posts....
I posted this exact study in the other thread and apparently nobody bothered to look at it in their praises of fasted cardio, etc. and a few posts after mine the op posted it like it was a shock.

Nah, actually, in that other OP I said this next study was coming and predicted this exact finding. I.E. Increased fat oxidation does not necessarily equate to real world fat loss. But I did not see your post, that part is true.

Last edited:
I like to sleep too much there's no way I'm getting up early to workout or do cardio. There's probably a study out there or someone here that claims sleeping an extra hour a day burns more fat so................you get the point. Morning cardio fasted or not was probably born more out of convenience than anything else. That's the thing about bodybuilding everyone's always looking for the magic and there's a new bandwagon all the time whether it works or just placebo.

i agree. i only do fasted cardio if im on peptides and will do the same when im on gh. when i wasnt i would have a shake consisting on egg whites, greek yogurt, banana, oatmeal, and flax. i will say having a meal before gave me a lot more energy and i could push harder.

That's it right there. If you eat before you can push harder and have more energy because that energy is coming from your food you ingested. Otherwise it would be coming from fat oxidation.

I'm surprised there is even a debate. Fasted am cardio is superior imho to any other time. Over and over and over again I've compared both(cardio done later in the day or late like 9pm) and nothing comes close to fasted am cardio.

So any study saying the opposite doesnt always jive with real world results where people are indeed burning way more fat doing fasted am cardio. For me it's night and day difference. No comparison between am fasted or later in the day.

For me am fasted if you want to get shredded or later in the day to also lose fat but if just doing it for health reasons. I find I can get away with doing less cardio in the am fasted then I would need to do another time of day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I agree 100%. When I used to take all kinds of PED's (Tren, GH, T3, Clen) I couldn't tell the difference. But after I went clean I can see DRAMATIC difference in fat loss/staying lean when I switched to fasted AM cardio.

That's it right there. If you eat before you can push harder and have more energy because that energy is coming from your food you ingested. Otherwise it would be coming from fat oxidation.

Well that's not accurate. The energy from fasted cardio would come from stored glycogen (we store about 2000 calories of this sugar in our liver and muscle tissue when well fed throughout the rest of the day). It would also come from fatty acid oxidation, but that is the point. Burning fatty acids is a good thing.

Of course, my opinion is still this: Do it hard and do it fast and do it whenever it suits you. I prefer interval sprinting to LISS. But If that taps you later and you don't feel you can put all your intensity into your workouts then by all means stick to LISS.

I think sometimes we are splitting hairs here. And yet at the same time, it's what we're passionate about - learning how little changes can affect our bodies. Nothing wrong with that!

At the end of the day though, I still prefer higher intensity cardio, jumping rope, sprints, 1 mile run done for time. It's just what I enjoy doing. And ultimately, I am setting myself up for a longer window of calorie burning, fat storage manipulation, and increased insulin sensitivity. Not to mention a stronger, healthier heart - which should be the main reason we do this in the first place. After all, diet is king when it comes to cutting, so there's that...

great info here...i personally "like" fasted cardio...although dragging my sleepy ass out of bed is often difficult

Well that's not accurate. The energy from fasted cardio would come from stored glycogen (we store about 2000 calories of this sugar in our liver and muscle tissue when well fed throughout the rest of the day). It would also come from fatty acid oxidation, but that is the point. Burning fatty acids is a good thing.

Of course, my opinion is still this: Do it hard and do it fast and do it whenever it suits you. I prefer interval sprinting to LISS. But If that taps you later and you don't feel you can put all your intensity into your workouts then by all means stick to LISS.

I think sometimes we are splitting hairs here. And yet at the same time, it's what we're passionate about - learning how little changes can affect our bodies. Nothing wrong with that!

At the end of the day though, I still prefer higher intensity cardio, jumping rope, sprints, 1 mile run done for time. It's just what I enjoy doing. And ultimately, I am setting myself up for a longer window of calorie burning, fat storage manipulation, and increased insulin sensitivity. Not to mention a stronger, healthier heart - which should be the main reason we do this in the first place. After all, diet is king when it comes to cutting, so there's that...

Well, it's kind of is accurate but with more detail to the process. When we tap into our glycogen stores we activate fat oxidation or amino acid break down to replenish this storage for future use. It's a 2-way street.

We might be splitting the hairs when we talk about young, healthy people or those that are chemically enhanced. For what I know, 10 years ago when I was younger and had access to any supplement, timing of my cardio didn't really matter, so it seemed. Now, with my test level at 252 it's not splitting hairs but a day and night difference.

That is all relevant though and very individualistic. What works for one might not work for another person.

Agreed!! Especially with my work sched it helps to wake in the morning - hit the coffee and then hit the cardio with a 5p work out... Thanx for the info!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131