over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Top Gun Maverick is BADASS!

I've never even seen the original Top Gun
dude youre old too!
how have not seen that?
i didnt know there was a new one!
im like how have none of these guys seen top gun?
on a side note if you go back and watch the original there are a LOT of pretty gay under or over tones... not that theres any thing wrong with that. lol
it is a little funny though.

I have not seen the 1st one either. Do i need to watch it to understand this one? or can i just go see it and still understand the plot?

I’m not a Tom cruise fan myself either. But this movie is insane badass. 1000 times better than top gun. Go see for yourself. You want action, this is it. Rollercoaster of emotions too. If you didn’t see the top gun you might want to see it first because you won’t know wtf is going on. I’m putting it in the top 20.

Maybe all the hype jaded me but I just watched it and I thought it was good but not great ot exceptional. The first 20 minutes were actually pretty cheesy, with some very bad acting, and super cliche, lazy script writing. After that it picked up, and became pretty entertaining, but it was predictable. The three or four different "turns" were all pretty obvious.

dude youre old too!
how have not seen that?
i didnt know there was a new one!
im like how have none of these guys seen top gun?
on a side note if you go back and watch the original there are a LOT of pretty gay under or over tones... not that theres any thing wrong with that. lol
it is a little funny though.
I swear I have some type of disorder and it gets worse the older I get. It's hard for me to relax and enjoy anything such as a movie. I always feel like there is something else I need to be doing that is productive. I need to clean the gutters, I need to mow the lawn, I need to weed my garden, that sorta thing. The last movie I seen in a theater was Toy Story and that was back in the 90s.

Hate him. He was good in Whiplash. I just hate his face and the characters someone who looks and sounds like him will end up playing.
i think it was called "bleed for this" he played a boxer. pretty good performance...
lol on his face i see what ya mean lol but talented actor me thinks...

I hope that when I see the movie all I remember is the unreal flying footage. (I watched the trailer and it’s awesome.) I don’t want that, but hey, it’s Hollywood. Would like to think there is more to it than that. Am sure Tom will turn in the quintessential Tom Cruise performance. He is good at that and from what I understand this film would not have gotten off the ground (pun intended) if it was not for his involvement. Great guy from the people I know who have worked with him. He expects a lot but he gives 110%.

Just texted our property manager in Texas. He was a Top Gun instructor with over 150 landings on an aircraft carrier, 50 at night 😲 He said the flying sequences were fantastic.
they were outstanding! like really shows u the physical toll those g forces put on em
and the missles fired from the destroyers passing their jets on way to mission was just BADASS like oooh shit here we go!!!!

Maybe all the hype jaded me but I just watched it and I thought it was good but not great ot exceptional. The first 20 minutes were actually pretty cheesy, with some very bad acting, and super cliche, lazy script writing. After that it picked up, and became pretty entertaining, but it was predictable. The three or four different "turns" were all pretty obvious.
i can appreciate that review.
i was in total fan boy mode w my dad and we watched original one in theatre together and he was a pilot so we loved it lol!

I've never even seen the original Top Gun
I'll be honest.. I saw it when it initially came out and thought it was corny cheese even for a 80s movie lol.. I truly hate that movie. I hear good things about this sequel but can't get past the first Top Gun..

I've never been a fan so if it's good it's good for me. First one not huge fan but it was decent enough to watch.
Considering he's much older, more knowledge - I guessing it's very engrossing

But still not paying for it 😜

Best movie I have seen in a long time. Definitely see it in theaters

Saw it. It was not bad. I would rate it a 6-7/ 10. A bit cheesy but still good. I did enjoy seeing the planes, and the action scenes were better than the average action films these days.

I wasn’t going to go see the movie but after all the phenomenal reviews and everyone raving about it. I am going to see it tomorrow. Hopefully it’s as good as everyone says. Though I much prefer to watch movies on my OLED.

Best action movie out in a long time, those jets are so badass.

Definitely worth seeing

Saw top gun today. Definitely worth a watch in the theaters. One of the best movies to come out since Covid.

“He was a natural born flyer, not a cultivated one, and he had
always known it: the ability had been there from the start;
the small amount of effort required to convert it to excellence
had been small. It was like being a boy with a good memory in
a history class.”
- The Hunters, by James Salter

Saw Top Gun last night. Not a bad popcorn movie but excepting a few scenes, totally predictable. Which is okay but they could have put a little more creativity into the script. (Jennifer Connelly is totally underutilized. John Hamm and Ed Harris, called in their performances). In many ways it suffered from multiple climaxes; did not know how or when to end the movie. Typical Tom Cruise movie with him making sure nobody steals the show from him. Poor Tom.

Beautifully photographed, lit, and art directed and edited. Many of the ‘shots’ redefine the meaning of the word iconic with so many being blatantly homoerotic I am surprised nobody picked up on that. Maybe it is just me and my gaydar. And too much bro-love for me but I get what they are trying to communicate, it’s just a bit overdone for my taste (think double hug, last scene). Like they say in the auto sales business . . . don’t talk past the close.

It could have used some serious editing, like 1/4 to 1/3 the movie left on the cutting room floor. Too much back story with nothing to really nothing elevate the character or the plot, which is never clear or convincing. But if you suspend all belief, it is all good. I’m just a tough crowd.

The flight scenes, real, are likely to not be repeated in my lifetime. Just incredible to watch but again, a bit overdrawn and repetitive. Like in bodybuilding, more is not always better.

I think it had the potential to be a so much better movie considering the access they had to the best of the best in all departments, just disappointed they were not a bit more creative, less formulaic and predictable. It was a safe (not logistically)
and easily marketed film to make and given their goals, they succeeded admirably, never missing a beat, knew their core audience perfectly.

In so many ways I liked the original better. But like they say, you always remember your first, and very usually fondly.

7/10

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767