over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Officially a fat bastard today!!

BN is correct....and you need to hold your new weight for a while before dieting....a new set point if u will. Food seperates the men from the boys...now that doesnt mean eat anything and dont do cardio...Im all for carb cutoff times and seperating carbs and fats in different meals....and morning cardio....makes a big difference. Food is the most anabolic thing we put into our bodies IMO!

Cause it WORKS. Thats why. If your goal is to be 250 lbs, and your 200lbs, you need to eat like a 250lb guy. Dante said that the athletes with the most muscle mass lb for lb are sumo wrestlers. Do they train with weights? Most do not Im sure, but what they do is eat tremendous amounts of calories. And yes, they are big bulky bastards with high bf% BUT under that fat is an extreme amount of muscle.

Im not going to flame you, but there is a reason that you stay at a very consistent bodyweight year after year. You are the first to write those threads about genetics and drugs and so and so. The missing link for you is the fact that you probably have never done a serious bulk. You stay the same year after year, 5lbs here, 2 lbs there. If you want to grow, you have to EAT.

There is a reason you see guys, alot pros even, stay basicaly the same every fucking year with only a couple of lbs gained, its the diet in my mind.

How can anyone expect to be a huge massive beast if they keep eating the same way year after year. There is a time and place for a clean diet, but if your goal is to put on serious mass, its alot about the fork to the mouth and repeat repeat repeat...

well said BN

and most of the people who try to disprove this method are the ones who need to drop 30 lbs of fat and try to do it in 10 weeks instead of 30. when they lose most of the muscle they gained by dropping 4 lbs per week, they say they haven't gained any muscle and "bulking" is useless...

big boy J is also correct in the fact that you don't have to get over 12-15% bodyfat. to bodybuilders, it's called being fat. to normal people, that's actually lean.

yes!!!!!

i gained reasoinalby eary as a newby.. natty..you know.. the 12kg (25lb+) gain in 12weeks whilst getting leaner... yet.. ive never been able to hit 240lb at 6 foot... on sensible doses well under a gram and dc training.. yet ive competed at 205lb...

even at 5000cal plus 400g protein i grew slow.. cos i was eating 150-250g carbs thinking i was carb intolerant scared of getting fat...

now after my 205lb comp im eating tons... still doing carb cut offs, 30-45min morning cardio 4-5 times/wk and dc and im currently 235lb "off"...

now i am a lil uncomfortable.. and i feel super fat, but reallize i just have some gyno and love handles... i look good from the side...(you can only see the love handles from the front lol...)

thing is.. im doin a 4week bulker next week and know ill finally surpass my white unicorn of 240lb..

finally... by eating...

Cause it WORKS. Thats why. If your goal is to be 250 lbs, and your 200lbs, you need to eat like a 250lb guy. Dante said that the athletes with the most muscle mass lb for lb are sumo wrestlers. Do they train with weights? Most do not Im sure, but what they do is eat tremendous amounts of calories. And yes, they are big bulky bastards with high bf% BUT under that fat is an extreme amount of muscle.

Im not going to flame you, but there is a reason that you stay at a very consistent bodyweight year after year. You are the first to write those threads about genetics and drugs and so and so. The missing link for you is the fact that you probably have never done a serious bulk. You stay the same year after year, 5lbs here, 2 lbs there. If you want to grow, you have to EAT.

There is a reason you see guys, alot pros even, stay basicaly the same every fucking year with only a couple of lbs gained, its the diet in my mind.

How can anyone expect to be a huge massive beast if they keep eating the same way year after year. There is a time and place for a clean diet, but if your goal is to put on serious mass, its alot about the fork to the mouth and repeat repeat repeat...

i have to agree with this cause i never really seen muscle grow on my before until i was like Screw this and doubled my daily intake my diet was already consuming 4500 cals so i decided to double that to 9k even tho im only 230lbs 11% like for instance on my lean meals 2 cups brown rice 10oz chicken 1 cup of brocolli what i would add would be 2tbsp on ranch dressing and some hotsauce THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. and bam i missed flavorful food so much it seemed like a synch to hit that 9k mark, im also having ice cream etc. but i know i gotta watch myself and not get too outta control. i just feel if i do this for a month it will speed up the muscle growth process.

Come on guys...my intention for this thread was to bitch and moan a little about how much dieting I have to do (and yes I've done this before)....not to stir up a debate about what the "proper" way to bulk is. The fact is bodybuilding is not an exact science and what works for one doesn't work for all. We all have different metabolisms/body types and I know what works for ME.

for the curious...I used calipers to test my BF....happy lifting ;)

Absolutely. Those scales are crap. When I weighted myself the morning of my last show, it said 33 % bf. :eek: :rolleyes:

I know I coud have been leaner, but 33 %... :D lol!

^^

My BF Scale had me at 16% the morning of my last show. Same here. Could have been leaner but I sure as sugar wasn't 16% or I would have been laughed from the stage. I think those are always off by a good 10%.

http://www.drwoolard.com/fitness_calculators/skinfold.htm

Dude - Here's a better way. Go out and purchase the Accumeasure plastice pincher for like $9-. Take a 3 point skin fold and plug the numbers into the website above. I'm not sure how accurate this is but it's damn close. Either way, it will give you the direction you're heading in if you're consistent.

My ElectroImpedance devise (tanita floor model) has me at 24% BF right now. If I use a 3 point skin fold above, grabbing all the fat in the ab area (not just the skin), I get a total of 14%. I recently had a 6 point test at the gym that has me at 12% (probably low). You get the idea.

Good luck you fat bastard!!! Kidding!

LOL, the big word here is "if". My question is, how does adding say, 25 pounds of body weight, help you add 5 lbs of muscle. Why not add the 5 lbs of muscle and forget the other "bulk" that you now have to lose.

I have a successful personal training business. I make a living off helping people get in shape. I asked a legitimate question. He said when he loses all the weight he hopes he has 5lbs extra muscle.
I don't advocate this extreme over eating to get 5lbs of muscle. A lot of bodybuilders are turning away from this trend also.

Phil Hernon, can you help me out on this?

Hellraiser,

Most people tend to bulk up because then they are sure that you are getting MORE THAN ENOUGH nutrients in your daily diet. I did this when i was younger and you do certainly put on a good deal of muscle mass when you take anabolics and eat in that large of a surplus. I have always been a big fan of selecting your goal bodyweight and then eating like that bodyweight. As long as you are taking something (and your goal bodyweight isn't too far out there), you will usually hit your bodyweight and if you keep your diet the same you will slowly start to transform yourbody while holding that weight. Thats where i am at not myself. I am at 230 and holding it while leaning up.

All in all if you are trying to add a lot of muscle, sometimes bulking up is the fastest way to get there.

This is my 2 cents though and a lot of people completely overdo the bulking. Bulking does not equal being completely fat.

Come on guys...my intention for this thread was to bitch and moan a little about how much dieting I have to do (and yes I've done this before)....not to stir up a debate about what the "proper" way to bulk is. The fact is bodybuilding is not an exact science and what works for one doesn't work for all. We all have different metabolisms/body types and I know what works for ME.

for the curious...I used calipers to test my BF....happy lifting ;)

you trouble maker( LOL) i think anyone who takes bodybuilding as serious as i think we all do knows exactly how you feel.

Hellraiser,

Most people tend to bulk up because then they are sure that you are getting MORE THAN ENOUGH nutrients in your daily diet. I did this when i was younger and you do certainly put on a good deal of muscle mass when you take anabolics and eat in that large of a surplus. I have always been a big fan of selecting your goal bodyweight and then eating like that bodyweight. As long as you are taking something (and your goal bodyweight isn't too far out there), you will usually hit your bodyweight and if you keep your diet the same you will slowly start to transform yourbody while holding that weight. Thats where i am at not myself. I am at 230 and holding it while leaning up.

All in all if you are trying to add a lot of muscle, sometimes bulking up is the fastest way to get there.

This is my 2 cents though and a lot of people completely overdo the bulking. Bulking does not equal being completely fat.

Thanks bro, good explaination!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner