lynx

IFBB PRO/ NPC Judge / TRIPLE Featured Member/Verif
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Some of you don’t know, but in December I developed Pancreatitis. JT and I went to a “big town” to do some lifting and Christmas shopping. I had been having stomach pains on Saturday morning just before we left. I had previously at work had to leave early on Monday because I had intense stomach pains. We just thought it was caused from the pizza we consumed the night before. :D Well, on Saturday it never got better. I had to quit early from our lift. Afterwards we went to eat. I just had a chicken salad with house dressing at a restaurant. I started getting sick all over again. Cut to the chase, JT had to bring me to the ER. The doctor thought I had gallstones. The nurse gave me a morphine shot and sent us back to the hotel to come back in the morning for more tests. They then did an ultrasound and saw my gallbladder was fine, and determined it was my pancreas.

The doctor thought that it was caused from a combination of eating pre-contest to binging and L-Arginine. (I had just competed in November.) Well, I have since gotten better and have been eating very clean the last month. On Sunday I had a carb day, very low fat. On Monday morning I got up and did some cardio. I could tell something was wrong again on the treadmill. It progressively got worse as the day went on. I though I might have to go back into the ER. After about 2:30pm it started to improve. I felt good enough to go to my next class. (I had to let my 11am class out early.) I decided not to train that night. Tuesday I got up and did cardio again, to find that I still wasn’t all the way better. So yesterday I just drank protein and Diet V8 Splash and chicken broth all through work. When I got home I had some protein powder and 1/8 cup of Cream of Rice. Almost instantly I started having another attack. We lay down and took a nap. I could barely breath the pain was getting so intense. It finally subsided enough to where I fell asleep. This was pretty troubling for us because I had not been eating bad food, nor anything that was high in carbs. Plus the fact that I did a liquid diet all day (most of two days) and had not taken any L-Arginine since we found out it could be a contributor. We couldn’t figure out what was going on.

Well, last night JT woke me up saying, “I FOUND IT!” after the nap. I’m a pretty heavy sleeper and was thinking what the h-ll is going on?!?! He was pretty worried about me and did some searching on the internet while I was sleeping. Just for the heck of it he searched “aspirin cause pancreatitis” and found a ton of material linking the two. This made sense to us because I had taken two weeks off of my ECA stack and had just started back on Monday morning. I have taken it on and off for nearly 10 years! Sometimes 2-3x a day!

This seems to be linked more to women than men at this time. It also leads to pancreatic cancer. I just wanted to let the board know because I know that you guys have girlfriends and the ECA stack is a staple fat burner. Please be aware of what COULD happen with women and aspirin, esp. over time.

Here are just a couple of links:
http://www.pancreatica.org/full_articles/f2003_10_27.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3341595/from/RL.1/

Here is a link that troubled me the most: **broken link removed**

YEP, THAT INNOCENT LITTLE ASPIRIN CAN RUIN A PERSONS HEALTH!

I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT...A HUGE INCREASE IN PANCREATIC CANCER IN WOMEN WHO USE ASPIRIN.

I AM GLAD MEREDITH POSTED THIS INFO...SINCE MOST OF US USE THE EPHEDRINE, CAFFEINE ASPIRIN STACK....OR OUR GIRLFRIENDS USE IT...

THE PAIN SHE HAD...WELL, SHE COULDN'T EVEN STAND UP. LONG TERM ASPIRIN USE REALLY HAS NASTY EFFECTS ON THE LADIES...I HOPE WE STOPPED IT IN TIME. I DON'T WANT HER TO DIE.:eek:

THE DANGER IS REAL...READ THE LINK.

yep

oh yeah, asprin is some pretty serious stuff. 2 yrs ago, my father had an aneurism(sp?) in his brain and they couldn't do surgery on him because he was taking asprin for the pain. it thinned out his blood too much for it to clot, and they said that basically killed him. without him taking asprin the docs said he'd of probably made it. the asprin didn't cause the problem, but kept it from being able to be fixed. so, be careful how much of that you take.

MRI

I have had bouts with pancreatitus for 20 years now. I had an ultrasound and MRI and I found that I have a stricture (narrowing) of the pancreatic duct. Thsi is the case in about 10% of people and they never realize it. It causes intermittent pain, but I havent had an attack for 4 years now. My worst one was 1 week befoere I won the USA. I couldnt train or eat for 3 days. What a mess mentally I was. I bloamed it on garlic, aspirin, tomatoe juice, oranges, anything I could find. Get these tests done beforte blaming it on aspirin, it could be something else.

THANKS, FOR POSTING THAT INFO PHIL.

PHIL HERNON said:
I have had bouts with pancreatitus for 20 years now. I had an ultrasound and MRI and I found that I have a stricture (narrowing) of the pancreatic duct. Thsi is the case in about 10% of people and they never realize it. It causes intermittent pain, but I havent had an attack for 4 years now. My worst one was 1 week befoere I won the USA. I couldnt train or eat for 3 days. What a mess mentally I was. I bloamed it on garlic, aspirin, tomatoe juice, oranges, anything I could find. Get these tests done beforte blaming it on aspirin, it could be something else.

SHE GETS ALL THOSE TESTS FOR FREE SINCE SHE'S A NATIVE AMERICAN...SO WE'LL GET HER HOOKED UP ON THOSE ASAP. HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU WIN THE USA WITH ALL THAT SHIT GOING ON? DID IT AFFECT YOUR CONDITION? I SUPPOSE IT DID! :eek:

BUT I FEEL COMPELLED TO ADD THIS....SHE DIDN'T TAKE THE ASPIRIN TODAY...AND THE PAIN IS GONE. [ I AM REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, SMART!]

Last edited:
!!

JETHRO TULL said:
SHE GETS ALL THOSE TESTS FOR FREE SINCE SHE'S A NATIVE AMERICAN...SO WE'LL GET HER HOOKED UP ON THOSE ASAP. HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU WIN THE USA WITH ALL THAT SHIT GOING ON? DID IT AFFECT YOUR CONDITION? I SUPPOSE IT DID! :eek:

BUT I FEEL COMPELLED TO ADD THIS....SHE DIDN'T TAKE THE ASPIRIN TODAY...AND THE PAIN IS GONE. [ I AM REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, SMART!]

SMARTYPANTS!! HEY JETHRO, YOU HAVE A PM!!

BTW I believe it has been shown that the asprin in the ECA stack adds very little if any to the fat burning properties.

CROWLER

PHIL HERNON said:
I had an ultrasound and MRI and I found that I have a stricture (narrowing) of the pancreatic duct. Thsi is the case in about 10% of people and they never realize it.

yes, my mom had this condition all her life and never knew it. Then, the duct became completely blocked and she ended up in the ER and had emergency surgery. Her pancreas was so damaged from the inflamation that she is now an insulin dependent diabetic because of it. This is nothing to second guess. Maybe you should do a follow-up to make sure the cause just to be safe.

Wow, I know it can be pretty scary to have something wrong with you and nobody know what it is. :( Glad you seemed to find the cause and she is feeling better. You dont think taking one aspirin before bed everyday will cause any troubles though do you? I do this for blood pressure.

I'LL CONVINCE THE BUSHY-ONE TO GET THOSE TESTS.

IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT MY 'SUPERIOR' DIAGNOSIS WAS INCORRECT!

IN THE LINK...WOMEN SEEM TO BE AT A GREATER RISK..MAYBE IT'S ALL THE ESTROGEN?? LOL..

Aspirin isn't that great on the stomach for sure. I have a buddy that is a Pharm. Rep and he's shown me all these studies about what it does to the stomach lining of someone. Even the buffered kind and I stay away from all that stuff.
I hardly take pain medicine and when I do I take Vic's, but I extract as much acetomeniphin out of it as I can. I really don't like taking "drugs" or over the counter stuff. Kind of Ironic isn't it. lol

PHIL HERNON said:

Ah, good to know. I will be requesting some tests to be done. What do you do now about having a narrow duct? Do you have to stay away from certain foods?

Thanks everyone for the kind words and sharing your stories as well. To say the least I am more than a little freaked out. I feel MUCH better today, thank goodness, but I'm still going to have them check me out.

Good news

lynx said:
Ah, good to know. I will be requesting some tests to be done. What do you do now about having a narrow duct? Do you have to stay away from certain foods?

Thanks everyone for the kind words and sharing your stories as well. To say the least I am more than a little freaked out. I feel MUCH better today, thank goodness, but I'm still going to have them check me out.

No, I just have to get an endoscopy if it flares up again. My advice to you is to take 2 aspirin and call me tomorrow morning.

JT

JETHRO TULL said:

Dude you crack me up....LMAO! Sherlock "JT" Holmes. I hope this may be the case and that the tests will show up normal. I hope everything is starting to settle down. Keep us posted.

BTW, why do you call her "THE BUSHY ONE"?

PHIL HERNON said:
No, I just have to get an endoscopy if it flares up again. My advice to you is to take 2 aspirin and call me tomorrow morning.

Lol! :chee;y-sm

mainevent said:
Dude you crack me up....LMAO! Sherlock "JT" Holmes. I hope this may be the case and that the tests will show up normal. I hope everything is starting to settle down. Keep us posted.

Yes. :mad:
JT-->:a;tion-sm <--Me :D
And just for the record, my hair is always combed! It just may not always 'look' combed. :p

OOOHHHHH

lynx said:
Yes. :mad:
JT-->:a;tion-sm <--Me :D
And just for the record, my hair is always combed! It just may not always 'look' combed. :p

Ahhhh, so thats what he was talking about..LOL.

Hope your feeling better!

HAHAHA..YEAH, A GENIUS....THAT'S ME!

mainevent said:

NOT THAT BUSH! LOL.....THE UNRULY MOP OF HAIR SHE HAS ON HER HEAD. THE SHIT IS THE SAME CONSISTENCY AS A HORSES TAIL. I KID YOU NOT. THE VACCUM GETS CLOGGED AND THE WHEEL WON'T SPIN AFTER A FEW GO AROUNDS ON THE CARPET.

I TELL HER...COMB THAT IN ONE ROOM....IT'S ALL OVER HELL IN HERE!

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....THAT WOULD BE TOO EASY.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws