over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pet Peeves In The Gym

You know what's a peeve of mine ... other dudes in the gym having pet peeves about a bunch of other human beings instead of focusing on their training

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Look everybody, it's that guy from the gym that thinks he's cool and edgy .

1) selfies
2) not putting your weights away
3) destroying equipment because your so "hard core" and don't know how to properly lower a fucking weight or putting on to much weight you can't handle
4) taking 15 minutes to do 3 sets
5) either smelling like you have an Italian sub under your arms, you just smoked a pack of salems, or you just bathed in $2 cologne

there is more but this is a good start

I almost got into it with 2 punk bitch kids who were doing dumbbell shrugs directly in front of me when I was doing incline dumbbell presses. I lowered the weight to my knees and then to the ground and on of the dumbbells rolled a bit and touched this assholes foot, then he got pissed at me! fucking douchebag!!

Standing right in front of the dumbbell rack and doing a exercise .

The fat guy who's doing a ton of gear and thinks he's swole, does not diet, nor train hard but really hes just fat as fuck. My personal pet peeve.

Add 1 to this.... the fat guy trainer doing the same and thinking he will go pro after he cuts

I hate it when I'm doing curls in the mirror and the 19 year hottie bends over and does stiff leg deads right in front of me and blocks my view:mad:

Drives me crazy!!!!!!! - dropping weights, not putting weights up where they belong, and damn cellphones!!!!

I hate it when I'm doing curls in the mirror and the 19 year hottie bends over and does stiff leg deads right in front of me and blocks my view:mad:

Who do these girls think they are?! Especially when she's got a fat little pocket showing through her gym shorts. :D

When younger guys stare at you like there gonna beat your ass. How is that gonna work out for you sticks McGee?

I have only seen this in the US, but being retired Army, I HATE, HATE when soldiers/airmen show up in their ACUs and take their blouse off (top part of the camo uniform) and just start working out in their duty uniform. OMG my Agent Orange starts to act up, and I start talking shit. Like, dude we get it, your in the military, but your still a POG, get over yourself:banghead:

1) selfies
2) not putting your weights away
3) destroying equipment because your so "hard core" and don't know how to properly lower a fucking weight or putting on to much weight you can't handle
4) taking 15 minutes to do 3 sets
5) either smelling like you have an Italian sub under your arms, you just smoked a pack of salems, or you just bathed in $2 cologne

there is more but this is a good start

WTF... Selfies / picture taking are the worst ever. There are these two guys at my gym who look like shit rack up a ton of weight on the bar get under it then have the other take a pic. It's fucking ridicules they are a total joke!!!

The weight tree, leg press or squat racks. When I have to put the weights back and they are not organized. Nothing like trying to get a 25lb plate and have to take of a 45lb, 10lb and a 5lb, just to get to it.

Also people who are covered in sweat, back hair and acne that love to wear Y back tank tops then sweat on shit and not wipe it up. Still gross, shouldn't be wearing that shit if you are gross like that.

WTF... Selfies / picture taking are the worst ever. There are these two guys at my gym who look like shit rack up a ton of weight on the bar get under it then have the other take a pic. It's fucking ridicules they are a total joke!!!

Hahaha seriously? That's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. So they don't even attempt to lift the weight? They just load up, take pics, and move on? :banghead:

Hahaha seriously? That's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. So they don't even attempt to lift the weight? They just load up, take pics, and move on? :banghead:

Yes bro it fricken soo ridicules it's soo stupid. They are literally the joke of the gym here in California. One of the guys I know in the gym told me and the guys that they put those up on social media acting all tuff. 3 weeks ago me and the guys almost crapped our pants when he was telling us.

I hate it when a huge, jacked, up man walks in to the gym wearing a sleeveless shirt trying to show off his massive biceps. Disgusting:D

The guy just asked a question so there's really no need for the attitude. It's completely natural for us (humans) to get irritated or annoyed by others bad habits. You can be 100% focused in the gym, but walk to a bench or squat rack and get annoyed bc someone didn't re-rack the weights.

Getting annoyed doesn't mean you're not focused. It's just the brains immediate response to something that bothers them. If you say that you've never been annoyed or bothered by someone else in the gym then you're either a liar or you don't train very often.

I do think its over the top when guys are worried about what other guys are wearing or to be bothered bc they're wearing large head phones.

That's fine and dandy bud but my opinion is idgaf what your doing as long as your not in my way.. if then that your in my way I guess I have a peeve but If you've worked in a gym you will soon realize all these pet peeves can actually consume your workouts its actually best to.not give a shit about anything except yourself and your workout.. my opininon but if I would say 4years ago I would have more pet peeves then everyone here lol as far as pet peeves I would have had a bone to pick with every soul that walked in the gym.. and if your paying $20 a month for a membership don't expect ... nevermind I could be here all day

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

People taking all of the cold water from the fountain to fill up their water bottle when there's a dam line of people behind them.

people doing CF in the middle of the weight area ... burpees, etc

stick boys who are afraid to get under any weight, so they do their entire workout on the only cable cross over in the gym.

and .. the smelly people that came in after a long day of hard labor, been sweating all day, it's dried and they smell like theyve been pissed on.

There has always been and will always be a dis-proportionate number of dysfunctional people walking around gyms/fitness centers. Just an observation over the last 40 some years. You can find dozens of examples of this on Youtube.

Have to agree here with you Tom, the gym attracts some outright fucking head cases and if its any reflection of our culture here in this country, well then I say we are some sick people.
I have experienced many of these pet peaves mentioned in this thread, people who smell, people who think their tough, people who think they are big and ripped when in reality they are skinny as shit or fat as fuck, guys who run all the good looking women off trying to be gym pimps, guys who criticize what you do when you have 100 lbs of lean muscle on them and just the over run amounts of tools in gyms in general.
We have all seen the classics, but since this is about MY personal pet peaves here is mine.
I dont like most people for the reasons stated above, and I dont want to be bothered in the gym, I train a lone for the most part, I pull the bill of my hat down, wear baggy as clothes and keep my ear buds locked in my dome.
These signs all mean LEAVE ME THE FUCK A LONE.
Want to just tell people sometimes, 'would you please just FUCK OFF!' but I dont want to get kicked out.

Had this happen one time, she wasnt 19 ( I dont think) she actually turned back and looked at me and smiled, no shit the coochie was an inch from my nose.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvier woods
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131