kinglab
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Hernon style training (every body part 6-7 days a week)

N.L....M.....

Registered
Newbies
ME upper
ME lower
DE upper
DE lower

Those are the 4 days they use. Louie suggests extra workouts but from the guys Ive talked to there, they never do them.

A lot of guys do upper back work 4x a week. One day Lats, next day Rows etc it also wasn’t uncommon to do reverse hypers every workout as well.

I’ve never trained there but I used to talk to a few guys who did and I followed conjugate for the better part of 15 years.
After pushing that heavy and that hard I couldn’t imagine a 5th day. What you listed is pretty much what I’ve read and heard. I appreciate the response.
ive got the Westside book of methods it’s a big book with a lot of information and louies philosophies in it. I’ve always been a huge fan of the conjugate method.

benchmstr

Registered
Newbies
I misread an article by Dan Green then on why he went west of Westside. I know the only way to truly train Westside is to train at the gym and it’s changed constantly throughout the years and is specialized for the lifters weakness but if I’m not mistaken they didn’t ever do full body 7 days a week or everyday which was the comment I originally replied to. Everything I’ve read is they stick me/de days, the conjugate method. If I’m wrong I appreciate the correction because my biggest hobby is learning. Is it different from me/de bench, squat/dl days? I know they use variations of the lifts and different accessories.
I trained at west side many times and can tell you that a lot of those guys in between DE ME sets would superset accessory work and then do essentially a bodybuilding workout after the main lifts.

as far as what’s written about west side? It’s all theory...Louie doesn’t make up the days workout until your sitting at breakfast with the man that morning. The plan that he creates that morning doesn’t mean shit either...because whoever the strongest lifter is that day is going to determine the actual workout.

Rogue

IFBB PRO
IFBB PROS
Registered
So you took all the exercises you would normally do in session for a given body part and spread those excercies over the week.
so essentially your doing a different exercise for a given body part every day you train. Thus,your full body everyday but never the same exercises twice, I call it 'lateral training one session spread sideways
Over the entire week.
this will get you good results but off course you want more.
So mow that you have the "Phil' routine down, to where your sporting a pump (glycogen retension) all day from doing it. Try this :
vary you rep count between 5reps one workout and 15 reps the next. DON'T START the routine like that.Once its working for you... then implement phaseII.

FranJ

Registered
So you took all the exercises you would normally do in session for a given body part and spread those excercies over the week.
so essentially your doing a different exercise for a given body part every day you train. Thus,your full body everyday but never the same exercises twice, I call it 'lateral training one session spread sideways
Over the entire week.
this will get you good results but off course you want more.
So mow that you have the "Phil' routine down, to where your sporting a pump (glycogen retension) all day from doing it. Try this :
vary you rep count between 5reps one workout and 15 reps the next. DON'T START the routine like that.Once its working for you... then implement phaseII.

Thanks! so u mean training each body part heavy weight (5 reps) and next day light weights (15 reps)? sounds interesting, would u still go to failure at 5 reps and 15 reps (everyday?)

FranJ

Registered
This is my current condition after 2 weeks doing the routine I posted.

I felt so fucking full all day, but after 2 weeks I find very interesting going back to low frequency for a few weeks and then work again Phil's system. My recovery has improved and I can feel much better exercises.

121633959_10215893870254266_2966917517317221546_o.jpg

FranJ

Registered
Right now I'll work:

- Back
- Chest
- Quads
- Delts
- Arms
- Hams

7-8 exercises per muscle group, high volume, good intensity but not working below 8 reps. In about 3-4 weeks I will go back to fullbody everyday.

KTT

Registered
Thanks! so u mean training each body part heavy weight (5 reps) and next day light weights (15 reps)? sounds interesting, would u still go to failure at 5 reps and 15 reps (everyday?)

I mean on day 5-8 reps, next 8 - 12 reps, then 15 -20 reps, then start again with 5 - 8 reps. Also for variation, day one start with chest, next day with Legs, then back etc. ...

madg

Registered
Newbies
Right now I'll work:

- Back
- Chest
- Quads
- Delts
- Arms
- Hams

7-8 exercises per muscle group, high volume, good intensity but not working below 8 reps. In about 3-4 weeks I will go back to fullbody everyday.

7-8 excercises for chest and hams ?

Great look btw and the fullness is evident in your pic

Respect

Rogue

IFBB PRO
IFBB PROS
Registered
This is my current condition after 2 weeks doing the routine I posted.

I felt so fucking full all day, but after 2 weeks I find very interesting going back to low frequency for a few weeks and then work again Phil's system. My recovery has improved and I can feel much better e
If your feeling the need to back down , do it, but when you work your way back up the objective is to micro-periodasize whre 2 session one low and one hight account for one work out do that 3 times a week...(6 days of training). The direct stimulation of muscle will add to you coditioning and some muscle. But that is secondary to full body training Ala Phil.As your objective now relies on nervous system stimulation to support you skeletal muscle . This is achieved buy full body training and the stimulation of both fibers fast and slow twitch in close proximity.Now your cultivating fibers.

Rogue

IFBB PRO
IFBB PROS
Registered
The thing that got to me with full body ED training is nagging problems like tendonitis.
You thought you would never hear this and their maybe other reasons for your discomfort. "Your training too hard".
When you train 1X OR 2X the body part/ week. You are there to "damage" the muscle in hope of achieving strength and size ( as you have plenty time to recovercbetween workouts). This kind of mindset will burn
you out quick and you will get pains , overtaxing your adrenals and nervous system quick and we all know the price you pay with that.
If you want to "FULL BODY" train you have to DE_LEARN that classic mind set. You are now cultivating strength and size vial different mechanics.
The theory goes as such.
Its A LOT better to train at 70% 6x a week than at 90%( Other limiting factors) 1x or 2x.numbers used for clarification only.
One thing for sure is that you will be in a better overall mood, you will be nursing you injuries by pumping blood an nutrients to the muscle, you will do more reps that before (very important) and your willl concetrate on you form and rep speed... But most importantly you will overcger and bigger)ome that constant hormonal battle allowing a more conditioned look at all times and a glycogen retention ( anabolism and joint recovery).
After a long while you will slowwwwly add more weights maintaining you regimental form and rep speed.( spelled getting stronger and bigger).
When you get REALLY advanced not before. Being that your training all your body parts daily... You will pick one muscle to push harder on. Just one muscle per session and by training the rest of the muscles that secession at a constructive (70%) you will be helping drive nutrients and growth support to that one muscle you chose.
I am just explaining the theory...
ie. When you want your biceps to grow... don't you throw in a couple sets of triceps to support it?

Rogue

IFBB PRO
IFBB PROS
Registered
Start with 4 days... light -heavy- rest - heavy-light. You will make progress and leave room to work up when primed.

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I downloaded Jeff nippards 6x a week UPper/lower/upper/lower/upper/lower

It looks good. About 6 working sets per muscle, no intensity stuff. (Drops/RP)

I ran it 4 days in a row then took a day off. Most sets are supposed to be RPE 8. I think I’m pushing too hard, as I was “properly fucked” as Jordan Peters would say.

PaxNovi 5.0

Registered
Are there any threads that spell out Phil’s old training methods? Upper/Lower, total body etc.?

I've done search after search, but haven’t come across anything specific yet.

Swifto

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

I ran it 4 days in a row then took a day off. Most sets are supposed to be RPE 8. I think I’m pushing too hard, as I was “properly fucked” as Jordan Peters would say.

I train like this (or do currently).

Upper, Lower, OFF, repeat.

2-5 working sets for muscle groups depending on size.

madg

Registered
Newbies
Are there any threads that spell out Phil’s old training methods? Upper/Lower, total body etc.?

Same , search is fucked since site change

madg

Registered
Newbies

Juggy where can i take a look at this ?

I do something similar

6 x week training
Day 1 chest/back/delts/traps
Day 2 legs /arms/ abs
Repeat

Dens228

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer

Chest/Back Width/Back Thickness/Calves
Quads/Hamstrings
Delts/Biceps/Triceps

One exercise per bodypart......I explained how to work each exercise earlier in this exact thread.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
annegrhs01