YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Hernon style training (every body part 6-7 days a week)

4 total sets are 3 warm ups and 1 too failure
Pretty clear he is doing ONE set to failure on ALL exercises. 3 "warm ups" on big muscles. Thats a total of 4 sets, with only 1 being a working set. On smaller muscles he is doing 2 "warm ups" with ONE set to failure (working set) for a total of 3 sets.

Pretty clear he is doing ONE set to failure on ALL exercises. 3 "warm ups" on big muscles. Thats a total of 4 sets, with only 1 being a working set. On smaller muscles he is doing 2 "warm ups" with ONE set to failure (working set) for a total of 3 sets.
Thank you for your reply

Thank you for your reply
N/P. From what I have read, this is what Hernon has professed, 1 set to failure. I don't think he counts his "warm ups" like the poster does. So Hernon's program (from what I read) might say 1 x failure, but he actually might have done 2-3 preparatory sets to get to that one all out set.

N/P. From what I have read, this is what Hernon has professed, 1 set to failure. I don't think he counts his "warm ups" like the poster does. So Hernon's program (from what I read) might say 1 x failure, but he actually might have done 2-3 preparatory sets to get to that one all out set.
It depends on which of the programs you are talking about..........he has several out there, and he's given me several.

It depends on which of the programs you are talking about..........he has several out there, and he's given me several.
My comment was more directed at some of his youtube vids posted in the past couple years. One set to failure per muscle group. In one vid he even says that in squats you need to finish your set with the bar on the safety racks in the bottom position, otherwise if you could stand up with the weight you didn't "fail"

My comment was more directed at some of his youtube vids posted in the past couple years. One set to failure per muscle group. In one vid he even says that in squats you need to finish your set with the bar on the safety racks in the bottom position, otherwise if you could stand up with the weight you didn't "fail"
Squats - finish at the bottom, deadlifts - finish at the bottom .....

Thank you for pointing that out your wisdom is worth a million words

Phil but what about warm up. Do you warm up ea body part first before doing one set to positive failure? No, You work to muscle every day. It's not like the muscle has been in hibernation the last four days

Phil but what about warm up. Do you warm up ea body part first before doing one set to positive failure? No, You work to muscle every day. It's not like the muscle has been in hibernation the last four days
I remember watching one of his more "recent" vids (means within the past few years) where he was minimizing the need for warmups. One quote I remember was he said that your body temperature was already 98.6 so you are already warm. He was being smug obviously, but I do believe the term warm up is synonymous with preparatory sets. For example, if you are strong and can incline press 350x12 to failure I simply cannot imagine you loading the bar to that weight and going all out. Even on a condensed prep, most guys would likely do 135x8, 225x5, 275x1, 315x1 and then the working set of 350. I knew Phil was out there with some of his beliefs but I can't imagine even he would jump right to a 350 incline press or 405 squat without some prep sets.

I remember watching one of his more "recent" vids (means within the past few years) where he was minimizing the need for warmups. One quote I remember was he said that your body temperature was already 98.6 so you are already warm. He was being smug obviously, but I do believe the term warm up is synonymous with preparatory sets. For example, if you are strong and can incline press 350x12 to failure I simply cannot imagine you loading the bar to that weight and going all out. Even on a condensed prep, most guys would likely do 135x8, 225x5, 275x1, 315x1 and then the working set of 350. I knew Phil was out there with some of his beliefs but I can't imagine even he would jump right to a 350 incline press or 405 squat without some prep sets.
The thing I found is that training like this your body is always ready too go . I get by with minimal too no warm ups without any issues .

Bump for all the lazy people in the pics thread that can't do a simple search. Phil Hernons full body daily training routine and been discussed to death, and now newbies acting like it's some new phenomenon...LMAO

@Flex500 .....here is some info on the training bud, there's like 10 or 12 more threads also discussing it.

@Flex500 .....here is some info on the training bud, there's like 10 or 12 more threads also discussing it.
Kind of funny exactly one year later and I’m on week 3ish of this.

Actually made it 11 days straight at one point.

Kind of funny exactly one year later and I’m on week 3ish of this.

Actually made it 11 days straight at one point.
I have a very different goal physique so I don't check the pics threads or usually comment if I see a pic but yours is very impressive!

Do you think the beauty of this split has to do with the frequency...or more so it's a simple plan where you just go in and train hard and don't worry about things like overtraining or volume frequency etc?

I still do a variation of Phil’s routine he gave me when he trained me 10+ years ago! He was going to train me again in-person since he had moved literally to the same town I live in in North Florida!! But sadly his wife texted me a few months later and told me he had passed away.

I have a very different goal physique so I don't check the pics threads or usually comment if I see a pic but yours is very impressive!

Do you think the beauty of this split has to do with the frequency...or more so it's a simple plan where you just go in and train hard and don't worry about things like overtraining or volume frequency etc?

Thank you! My honest answer is that I’m still deciding. Here are random thoughts:

• I still don’t know if this is my preferred training method but now is the real test. I’ve been off all peds or literally 10mgs a day forever so this is the first time I’m trying it with assistance (200test 150 primo and 50mgs winstrol; those are in total weekly doses). Will this really bring back my mass? We shall see.
  • I enjoy more of a HIT approach overall. Even my volume training was always more like Dorian so the “one set to failure” is in my “fun zone” and that’s important.
  • High frequency seems like the right fit for me right now. With peds I want to get my muscle back as fast as possible and frequency seems the best route.
  • It’s easily adjustable. My job is very stressful and busy and if I can only get to the gym 3-4 times at least I’m hitting my full body 3-4 times versus skipping bodyparts. This is a non issue for some people but I travel for work etc.
  • I can get through these workouts in 45 minutes…an hour max. So the whole “it would take 2 hours” hasn’t been an issue for me.
  • This will rapidly improve my cardiovascular shape. It’s REALLY hard. And you can feel your condition and fitness rapidly improve. It is so demanding and with my current state I think it’s the right fit.

Those are some of my random thoughts so far. This may end up being something I do forever or maybe just for a season where it’s the perfect fit. Im not young, but I’m also not old (40) so I expect to see rapid muscle gain the next 90 days and I’ll be watching closely and alter as I see fit.

Sorry for any typos I’m in my phone.

Or more thought…the one alteration I am making is I’m doing 3 different full body days and rotating then va how bboy and Justin Harris were doing the same thing h til they couldn’t progress. I like having threee different workouts and a, b, and , and just rotating.

For legs for instance I’ll end up doing squats, leg press, front squats, leg extensions, Nordic curls, ham curls, and sldl over the course of those three days.

I also think rep tempo is critical. I’ve seen some posh that they get worn out with pain and I injuries. I’ll video myself doing something and post it to show how I do it. There is zero, and I mean zero momentum.

Or more thought…the one alteration I am making is I’m doing 3 different full body days and rotating then va how bboy and Justin Harris were doing the same thing h til they couldn’t progress. I like having threee different workouts and a, b, and , and just rotating.

For legs for instance I’ll end up doing squats, leg press, front squats, leg extensions, Nordic curls, ham curls, and sldl over the course of those three days.

I also think rep tempo is critical. I’ve seen some posh that they get worn out with pain and I injuries. I’ll video myself doing something and post it to show how I do it. There is zero, and I mean zero momentum.
I like it, seems like you have structure with flexibility but also a means to progression. It probably helps that your bought in and enjoying the split. I think that's the key thing, buy into a method and execute it vs worry about what "science" says.

I like it, seems like you have structure with flexibility but also a means to progression. It probably helps that your bought in and enjoying the split. I think that's the key thing, buy into a method and execute it vs worry about what "science" says.
1,000%. When I did this last year I got bored and thought it may be “too much” when I wasn’t even on trt so I just wasn’t into it. Plus my wife was like 8 months pregnant and I just wasn’t into it.

I’d say there is nothing inherently special about it if you don’t enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131