over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pic you took today

Man you are an inspiration. Please continue to update us. At 51 y/o and training for so many years, have you had any significant injuries (e.g. muscle tears) or overuse injuries you're dealing with right now?
Thanks very much. I'm always delighted to hear that what I share has a positive effect.

I damaged my knees in my 20s, had a pec tear (rupture) early 40s. I have a partial umbilical hernia and diastasis recti from my late 40.
Nothing more serious - touch wood.

Thanks very much. I'm always delighted to hear that what I share has a positive effect.

I damaged my knees in my 20s, had a pec tear (rupture) early 40s. I have a partial umbilical hernia and diastasis recti from my late 40.
Nothing more serious - touch wood.
Thanks for the response! If you don’t mind me asking, how did the pec tear happen?

Can you speak standard Japanese language?

I can speak, read, and write some. Studied in Uni and carried over.
I am not as good as I should be having lived here som many years, but I'm spoiled by a fluent English-speaking wife and an English working environment.
One of the few times I speak Japanese is in the gym, ironically enough ;)

Thanks for the response! If you don’t mind me asking, how did the pec tear happen?
Dumbbell flyes.
I had a moderate weight (70s) and went into a full stretch and the left side just let go. I could hear the fibers tear - like ripping a towel.
No direct chest raining for about 6 months, but I worked my way back. I'm more careful now.

Dumbbell flyes.
I had a moderate weight (70s) and went into a full stretch and the left side just let go. I could hear the fibers tear - like ripping a towel.
No direct chest raining for about 6 months, but I worked my way back. I'm more careful now.
That sound is scary huh! I had that same thing happen when I tore my left vastus lateralis doing squats. It was weird because when it tore there wasnt any immediate pain. I heard the sound and wasnt sure what it was. It was so loud that a guy clear across the room, must have been 20 to 30 feet away heard it and came over. He asked me if I tore my power briefs. It sounded like a t shirt ripping. Once I racked the weight the pain hit bad.

That sound is scary huh! I had that same thing happen when I tore my left vastus lateralis doing squats. It was weird because when it tore there wasnt any immediate pain. I heard the sound and wasnt sure what it was. It was so loud that a guy clear across the room, must have been 20 to 30 feet away heard it and came over. He asked me if I tore my power briefs. It sounded like a t shirt ripping. Once I racked the weight the pain hit bad.
I wish there was a more reliable way to avoid these muscle tears. I would have thought @hawkmoon tore his pec on flat barbell but it was on flies.

I was just listening to Fouad Abiad's latest YouTube episode where Fouad was talking about his injuries and whether it was his training style that caused them. I don't think he could have avoided the tears. He tore his quad doing lunges at the end of a workout.

For his lat tear, it happened on a set of 7 plate t-bar rows. But on the previous set he did 6 plates x 10 reps easily. 7 plates shouldn't have been excessive weight for him.

Slow and controlled? Did you feel your chest being weird or anything in the weeks prior?

This shit is what makes me think twice.

Dumbbell flyes.

With my leg there was no warning. It was the 2nd set and the first set was unremarkable, felt normal.

Slow and controlled? Did you feel your chest being weird or anything in the weeks prior?

This shit is what makes me think twice.
Totally under control. No warning at all. It was like an elastic band when it goes past it's limit. Smooth stretch, and then bam.

Dumbbell flyes.
That's what it sounded like when I tore my distal biceps tendon. I was deadlifting, got halfway up, and felt and heard the tendon rip off the bone. It sucked at the time.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
theswede
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws