over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Plantar Faciitis

brianjames

Newbies
Anyone ever had or know anything to help with foot, heal pain? (plantar faciitis) Ive tried shoes,insoles,ice etc. nothing seems to help and leg day keeps getting post poned.

Make an appointment with a professional foot doctor. They can make custom orthotics for your feet. Be prepared to pay at least $500- for a quality pair. I had heel pain, knee pain etc. And these have helped tremendously. If you have insurance it should not be a problem.

My wife works at a hospital and is on her feet all day long. She recently had to deal with this herself. It was stubborn and painful. There are some simple foot exercises and stretches that will help speed the healing of the inflammation. NPR recently had this link illustrating the very movements she was told to do. They helped a lot. Try these.

**broken link removed**

I had it for months. Hurt to walk let alone do any calf raises.
But it finally tore while doing a set of squats. Hurt like hell but believe it or not within a couple of weeks after tear it was good as new. I think when it tears it relieves the pressure on it. The surgery for it is basically the doctor cutting it to loosen, same thing.
Doc told me afterwards that tearing it is common and the pain is from it being stretched too much and once it rips it fixes itself.

Good luck

I've been dealing with PF for close to 9 months now, training through and around it. I've tried custom orthotics from a podiatrist, cortisone injects, high-dose anti-inflammatories, ART, stretching, massage, icing, wearing different shoes, support socks, ankle bracing, exercising the foot, blah blah blah. In my case, b/c of some other issues, the orthopedic surgeon said that I'm screwed, and the only option is to stop training.

I've talked with other athletes about this quite a bit. Some say it never went away, no matter how many different types of treatment they had. They finally had to give up. Others say it just disappeared on its own.

What seems to help me the most is keeping all the muscles in the leg, including hips, as stretched out and flexible as possible. When I tighten up after a big training day, I'm typically in so much pain that I can't walk.

I train a highly respected foot doctor and he said that the most important thing to do for this is to stretch the calve muscles.

they told me to get a strassburg sock,which is a sock that forces your calf to stretch while sleeping...and to stretch alot during the day.
also i got custom orthodics,too early to tell if they work but they were $300.00 and insurance said they cover them..

I am a PT and have been dealing with this for several months. I had it 2x before. I have tried it all. It just takes a long time to resolve because I am always on my feet. It does go away with time.

thanks for the replys. I think stretching might be one of my problems. i dont do alot of it so this is probably all my fault. I read up on it after these replys and im gonna see how this works out. ill let you guys know if it helps any. i appriciate it.

I actually had it in both heels, did lots of stretching, but the one thing that really helped is when I switched from the treadmill to the elipitcal. The treadmill would always cause flair ups, when I finally switched to the eliptical 100% it went away........

Anyone ever had or know anything to help with foot, heal pain? (plantar faciitis) Ive tried shoes,insoles,ice etc. nothing seems to help and leg day keeps getting post poned.

I had to see a podiatrist for my pain and I got Berkenstock sandals which really helped. Since seeing the doctor and getting the sandals my heel is pain free.

brianjames,

What are you doing for cardio?

If you are using machines, what machines,
what is your frequency and duration, and for
how long have you been doing this?

actually im not doing any cardio. im naturaly skinny and i stay fairly lean year around even when i dont want to, so my feet problems have happened just from lifting. im about to start contest prep in about a month so im hoping i can get over this before i start cardio.
i do hvac for a living. im a service tech so im always beant down in awkward positions checking ac units and i know thats something im gonna have to deal with and change the way my feat and knees are bent. its very possible thats where this all started from.
i trained legs today and did squats and leg press with not much pain. got home and cant walk barefooted so im getting out the ice now.lol

Read the book "Born to Run." Good info about foot health, shoes, running, etc. It could save you a lot of time and money in the long run.

I had the same pain years ago and they said it was a heel spur. The dr said the pain goes away after the spur grows in because it releases the tension on the tendon then. Orthodics and the cortizone shots were the only that helped me.

I'm getting the same pain now and am in pt now after I fractured my heel last summer. I have the plate and screws in there now. I told him I'm getting the same heel pain that I had before and he had me fitted for a pair of orthodics. I'm still waiting for them to be made but I think once it's inflamed the cort. shots are the only thing that helps. Just my .02 from years of treatment and having heel pain from spurs and my high arch.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws