over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vince gironoda workouts

Oh, I see you're one of those lifters. 310 pulldown for 64 reps... Cool
Much stronger than any of these guys

I mean Ronnie fails at 9 or 10 reps, but you can do 7 more sets.

Impressive, would love to see a video. Post one please.

And then follow up with 3 more exercises for back of 8x8.
Well, like I said I don’t follow it up with any other back exercises. The day I do that, I do 8x8 lat pulldowns, then 3 sets seated shrugs, facepulls, and curls

I’m a powerlifter not a bodybuilder. Squatting over 700, deadlifting close to 8. Bodybuilders train with a different focus

Never taken a video of my lat pulldowns before but if it’s really that unbelievable to you, once the gym fixes it I’ll take a video for you 😂.

I think what you’re failing to understand is that when you train in this cluster set method, your recovery in between sets improves. You’ve probably never tried this method before, and train in a top set method or even 3 work sets but with 2-3 minutes inbetween. When I first started this I was doing like 150-170 on lat pulldowns and dying. Each set I’m basically reaching form failure but since I’ve done this method for over a year, my body is pretty much fully recovered by the time 20 seconds elapses

If the goal of training is to develop muscle tissue (hypertrophy) I do not believe any modern studies (or even anecdotally) suggest that 32+ sets per workout, per muscle group, done at low intensity (not close to failure...at least for the first 5-6 sets) is optimal. Could it work? Sure, I guess anything COULD work. Is it efficient? NO. I suppose you will burn a lot of calories so it could aid in fat loss, but when it comes to building muscle, this would be like choosing a BB gun over an AR-15 in a gunfight (higher intensity which requires lower volume). I have actually done the 8x8 before with decent results when it comes to body composition. I didn't lose OR gain any size, but I did lean out a bit. And my conditioning was awesome. But I was doing incline presses with like 135....first 5 sets were super easy. The last 3 got harder but probably due to fatigue rather than tension. We now know that tension is the key to hypertrophy, and tension is best achieved by pushing the muscles as close to failure as possible rather than simply adding junk volume. If volume was the driver or hypertropy, all those day laborers you see standing in front of Home Depot would be Olympia contestants because they dig ditches and swing pick axes 8 hours per day, 7 days per week. It is back breaking work, it will kick your ass, but it won't get you jacked.

I was referring to when you saw nubret train, was he who you were talking about?
My Nubret post . . . I never counted his sets or reps or rest periods. Maybe that was somebody else’s post, not mine.

I found Vince's training interesting from my reading and applied some of it. But things like the presses to the neck or dips, probably put more stress on the joints then was worth it form the growth that could come from it. Or maybe that was just me.

No matter what width or angle I barely feel dips in my triceps. But on the other hand, when traveling to coach my son's travel baseball team 10+ years ago I went to a gym and used one of the tricep dip machines where you're strapped into the seat and push your hands down. That was the best feeling tricep exercise I've ever done.
I'm in the same boat. I'm a long-armed guy and Dips just have never done it for me for triceps. I feel the majority of the stress in my shoulders and chest. Dip machines have been hit or miss for me as well. However, there was one Dip machine that felt absolutely incredible and like no other. It's from Hoist. Seems like for my body they really nailed it in terms of the width or distance between the handles. Felt basically perfect. I've gotten my best results on tricep extension machines.

We have to remember that nubrets whole principals revolved around volume. So did much of vinces.. they didn't believe in hitting failure.. it was all all-out total volume. The old MuscleMag International magazine was great back in the 80s etc for actually following the guys around. Set for set.. they did this with nubret also and sergio. For nubret it was all about the pump and getting short rest periods of a minute or less. If he did feel failure coming he stopped the set and moved on.. he woukd do 6 or 8 sets of bench press for 12 reps .. 225 pounds.. rest 1 minute exactly and pump our another.. this woukd go on until he felt he could no longer hit 12.. then move to the next exercise..

Now that being said many people trained with nubret but most gave it up.. Eduardo Kawak stated in a interview that he trained with serge for 6 months and stopped because was losing size and strength.. Samir stated the same thing.. and as I stated before Makkaway said he hated vinces system.. so it obviously worked for the genetic freak of serge.. but not many others..

I found Vince's training interesting from my reading and applied some of it. But things like the presses to the neck or dips, probably put more stress on the joints then was worth it form the growth that could come from it. Or maybe that was just me.
I am far from a Gironda apologist. I liked the guy. His thinking was out of the box, inventive and he promoted, dare I say invented, some very result producing exercises.

His dips I never mastered. Loved his bench to the neck (which also stops you from cheating although I doubt that was his reasoning).

And like everybody, sometimes you are right, sometimes you are wrong. Some things work great, something’s are an abysmal failure.

He experimented with a lot of different exercises, styles, rep ranges, etc. Don’t we all?

We are all looking for the ‘magic’ routine, exercises, reps, diet and ‘drug’ combo. It is perfectly natural thing to do if you are not half dead or unbelievably stupid.

I still have all his training courses and his training modalities are all over the place.

If anybody is interested I will photograph some relevant parts and post them up here. Piece of cake, easy to do.

If the goal of training is to develop muscle tissue (hypertrophy) I do not believe any modern studies (or even anecdotally) suggest that 32+ sets per workout, per muscle group, done at low intensity (not close to failure...at least for the first 5-6 sets) is optimal. Could it work? Sure, I guess anything COULD work. Is it efficient? NO. I suppose you will burn a lot of calories so it could aid in fat loss, but when it comes to building muscle, this would be like choosing a BB gun over an AR-15 in a gunfight (higher intensity which requires lower volume). I have actually done the 8x8 before with decent results when it comes to body composition. I didn't lose OR gain any size, but I did lean out a bit. And my conditioning was awesome. But I was doing incline presses with like 135....first 5 sets were super easy. The last 3 got harder but probably due to fatigue rather than tension. We now know that tension is the key to hypertrophy, and tension is best achieved by pushing the muscles as close to failure as possible rather than simply adding junk volume. If volume was the driver or hypertropy, all those day laborers you see standing in front of Home Depot would be Olympia contestants because they dig ditches and swing pick axes 8 hours per day, 7 days per week. It is back breaking work, it will kick your ass, but it won't get you jacked.
This example has no validity because day laborers have no clue how to put tension on a muscle and make it squeeze / stretch through a plane. It's the same reason 99% of people in gyms look like they don't exercise at all - they're training movements, not muscles.

I'm not saying 32 sets or more is ideal, but high volume definitely has a place in hypertrophy - 20+ for chest, 20+ for back, etc. I have great delts and I've done 20+ sets for them for years.

Outside of genetic freaks, most guys who become truly advanced bodybuilders will have phases where they train with lower volume / higher intensity and higher volume / lower intensity or mixes of both. And by 'phases' I don't mean weeks - it could be months to years. Adjusting that training over time is part of how they become so advanced.

You also have to consider intraworkout carbs / proteins / etc. and intraworkout insulin which make high volume training much more doable and productive. Intraworkout insuiln is still pretty rare but intraworkout shakes are common among the most developed guys.

No matter what width or angle I barely feel dips in my triceps. But on the other hand, when traveling to coach my son's travel baseball team 10+ years ago I went to a gym and used one of the tricep dip machines where you're strapped into the seat and push your hands down. That was the best feeling tricep exercise I've ever done.
Absolutely love dip machines for triceps

Try his version of dips for chest development.

That is all I am going to say.
Totally agree - mind muscle connection amazing on this type of dips , you move your body up cause you squezee your pecs not like normal dips.

Vince was different... His nutrition idea's were very good. Good training too, except the neck-press and "no squats" (Just my opinion of course).
He just proves "mostly everything works". Do what you like to do, put 100% into it, and get results...

vince-gironda.jpg

I like to do the guillotine press for chest sometimes for variation. I think Vince help bring this movement into more popularity.
His drag curls will destroy my biceps. I incorporate that and the bench press to neck in my routine. 8x8 is perhaps my favorite overall program. This thread has inspired me to run it again starting soon. Haven’t done it in at least 1.5 - 2 years. I’m excited now though.

This example has no validity because day laborers have no clue how to put tension on a muscle and make it squeeze / stretch through a plane. It's the same reason 99% of people in gyms look like they don't exercise at all - they're training movements, not muscles.

I'm not saying 32 sets or more is ideal, but high volume definitely has a place in hypertrophy - 20+ for chest, 20+ for back, etc. I have great delts and I've done 20+ sets for them for years.

Outside of genetic freaks, most guys who become truly advanced bodybuilders will have phases where they train with lower volume / higher intensity and higher volume / lower intensity or mixes of both. And by 'phases' I don't mean weeks - it could be months to years. Adjusting that training over time is part of how they become so advanced.

You also have to consider intraworkout carbs / proteins / etc. and intraworkout insulin which make high volume training much more doable and productive. Intraworkout insuiln is still pretty rare but intraworkout shakes are common among the most developed guys.
Some good points. We often hear people say alternate high volume and low volume but like 8 weeks at a time, never high volume for an extended period

I am far from a Gironda apologist. I liked the guy. His thinking was out of the box, inventive and he promoted, dare I say invented, some very result producing exercises.

His dips I never mastered. Loved his bench to the neck (which also stops you from cheating although I doubt that was his reasoning).

And like everybody, sometimes you are right, sometimes you are wrong. Some things work great, something’s are an abysmal failure.

He experimented with a lot of different exercises, styles, rep ranges, etc. Don’t we all?

We are all looking for the ‘magic’ routine, exercises, reps, diet and ‘drug’ combo. It is perfectly natural thing to do if you are not half dead or unbelievably stupid.

I still have all his training courses and his training modalities are all over the place.

If anybody is interested I will photograph some relevant parts and post them up here. Piece of cake, easy to do.
I can totally agree with that.
Unfortunately decades ago good knowledge was harder to come by. And being younger. The idea of twistinging joints to less then natural places and then applying a load being a bad thing never occured to me. So i guess i was not dead as i tried news things but may still have qualified for being stupid!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws