over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vince gironoda workouts

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

Some good training threads recently..curious if anyone has used his methods? I haven't really seen anyone using them much in forums, were they more popular years ago? I know he is well respected surprised that with the variety of training styles no one uses them.

Some good training threads recently..curious if anyone has used his methods? I haven't really seen anyone using them much in forums, were they more popular years ago? I know he is well respected surprised that with the variety of training styles no one uses them.
I have all his training books and articles.

He was bit unconventional at times but some of his ideas and training and nutrition are very good. Why they are not used now, perhaps because they are of little value.

I have tried his 10 x 10 (I think he called it a ‘honest’ workout) but only on squats . . . when I could do them.

Vince was more of a gym owner / coach (emphasis on gym owner) but to the best of my knowledge, he was never given credit for being a coach . . . not even Larry
Scott. I think Arnold trained there on and off when he first landed in LA. And Mohamed El Makkawy may here trained there pre-contest once. I know Makkaway
was featured in Vince’s and Kennedy’s book Unleashing the Wild Physique (get the original).

There were a few other big name bodybuilders at the who trained at Vince’s but with few exceptions most did not stay long or achieved little or any degree of major success in bodybuilding.

I met him at his gym one afternoon on a hot summer day before it was sold Seemed like a reasonable person but then again he was not the feisty Vince of years ago (who is?).

He also called Arnold a fat fuck when he came to Vinces gym. I had his book unleashing the wild physique. He was big proponent of creating the appearance that you were bigger than you actually were. He did so by going for wide shoulders with a wasp like waist with diamond calves. squatting was not allowed in his gym..very eccentric..He liked a zane like physique as do I. I occasionally read some of his old works online.

I have all his training books and articles.

He was bit unconventional at times but some of his ideas and training and nutrition are very good. Why they are not used now, perhaps because the are of little value.

I have tried his 10 x 10 (I think he called it a ‘honest’ workout) but only on squats . . . when I could do them.

Vince was more of a gym owner / coach (emphasis on gym owner) but to the best of my knowledge, he was never given credit for being a coach . . . not even Larry
Scott. I think Arnold trained there on and off when he first landed in LA. And Mohamed El Makkawy may here trained there pre-contest once. I know Makkaway
was featured on Vince’s and Kennedy’s book Unleashing the Wild Physique (get the original).

There were a few other big name bodybuilders at the who trained at Vince’s but with few exceptions most did not stay long or achieved little or any degree of major success in bodybuilding.

I met him at his gym one afternoon on a hot summer day before it was sold Seemed like a reasonable person but then again he was not the feisty Vince of years ago (who was?).
If you remember Robert Kennedys MuscleMag Internation magazine ran a whole series on makkawy training with Vince back in the 80s. Used makkawys likeness on all of vinces things..
Fast forward to 2023 and makkawy stated on Instagram that he was only at Vince’s very briefly.. didn't really like vinces methods in regards to training and was already in shape by the time he got to Vinces gym.. so it sounded like makkawy was not too impressed ..lol..
I made the trip to vinces gym right before he closed it. It was a odd place.. just like it was visually in the 70s and 80s. It was busy though.. lots of benches made of wood.. shag carpet ... kinda what you'd figure.. got to meet vince.. nice guy.. didn't stay long but a neat experience

I like to do the guillotine press for chest sometimes for variation. I think Vince help bring this movement into more popularity.

I like to do the guillotine press for chest sometimes for variation. I think Vince help bring this movement into more popularity.
Try his version of dips for chest development.

That is all I am going to say.

Try his version of dips for chest development.

That is all I am going to say.
I had a dip bar made by a now defunct companies in Louisiana named elite strength.. I got the dimensions from a Gironda manual.. I sent it to them and they made it in a few weeks.. had it brought down to the gym I owned.. it was my primary chest movement for over 8 years or more.. then I started having shoukder issue and the dips were slowly eliminated.. the shoukder issues weren't from Dips.. but my chest sure does miss them

I had a dip bar made by a now defunct companies in Louisiana named elite strength.. I got the dimensions from a Gironda manual.. I sent it to them and they made it in a few weeks.. had it brought down to the gym I owned.. it was my primary chest movement for over 8 years or more.. then I started having shoukder issue and the dips were slowly eliminated.. the shoukder issues weren't from Dips.. but my chest sure does miss them
I commend you.

Not an easy exercise; flexibility and movement.

I never had the V bar but I did those for a while, didn’t get much out of them . . . some do, some don’t.

I commend you.

Not an easy exercise; flexibility and movement.

I never had the V bar but I did those for a while, didn’t get much out of them . . . some do, some don’t.
Yeah it was the v bar.. 34 or 36 inch at the end and tapered to 22 or so if I remember correctly.. loved that exercise.. but eventually it just became too hard on the joints

My coach had me do a whole program of 8x8s gironda style. Made great gains. I love those kind of rep schemes. Short rest, lots of sets and density. 8x8, 6x6, and love GVT 10x10s
If you do it right it is brutal

My coach had me do a whole program of 8x8s gironda style. Made great gains. I love those kind of rep schemes. Short rest, lots of sets and density. 8x8, 6x6, and love GVT 10x10s
If you do it right it is brutal
I have forgotten.

When doing those high sets, 10 x 10, 8 x 8, 6 x 6, do you use the same weight on all sets? I did on the 10 x 10’s.

I have forgotten.

When doing those high sets, 10 x 10, 8 x 8, 6 x 6, do you use the same weight on all sets? I did on the 10 x 10’s.
Yep, same weight on all sets. The warmups up to it don’t count, I see some people doing it and counting their warmups and really sometimes they’re only doing 4x8 when it comes down to it

One way to progress is to decrease rest times

Another way my coach had me progress, although this isn’t strict gironda or GVT, was start 6x6, next week 6x7, then 6x8, 7x8, 8x8, and then start adding sets again, until eventually you get to 10x10.
Worked really well for me, my back especially blew up doing these on lat pulldowns. I went from 190 on the lat pull-down to doing 8x8 with 310lbs until the gym owner yelled at me for adding plates to the stack lol.
Don’t pick a weight that is too light. These sets should be brutal

Attachments

• IMG_3938.png
    IMG_3938.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3939.png
    IMG_3939.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 20
If you remember Robert Kennedys MuscleMag Internation magazine ran a whole series on makkawy training with Vince back in the 80s. Used makkawys likeness on all of vinces things..
Fast forward to 2023 and makkawy stated on Instagram that he was only at Vince’s very briefly.. didn't really like vinces methods in regards to training and was already in shape by the time he got to Vinces gym.. so it sounded like makkawy was not too impressed ..lol..
I made the trip to vinces gym right before he closed it. It was a odd place.. just like it was visually in the 70s and 80s. It was busy though.. lots of benches made of wood.. shag carpet ... kinda what you'd figure.. got to meet vince.. nice guy.. didn't stay long but a neat experience
Yea, remember the tacky carpeting. And the wooden hand made benches. And if my memory serves the lighting sucked, was dark inside. I remembered from fotos a skylight (great for fotos) but did not see one (was it a two story building with the gym on the second floor?). And best of all, the infamous standing Scott curling bench, which was red, which I never tried 🙁 I do remember unlike todays benches, the padding was super thick, almost cradling the arm. Wonder who put purchased this bit of history when the gym was sold?

Nobody famous there at the time but Dennis Tinnerino (sp) walked in as I’m was leaving. I was struck by how handsome he was but he appeared to be a bit downsized but I then again I had just come from Golds where there be monsters.

And Vince at his desk at the front door opening the mails.

Yeah .. I did them with the inverted hands for a bit but switched to the normal neutral grip.

Vince was in charge of making the exercises the most anatomically uncomfortable, and therefore, harmful.

Also, someone accused him, half jokingly, of being responsible for the death of weightlifting for being a declared enemy of multi-joint exercises.

Looks like these are more for chest? I've always heard the more upright you are the more tricep...lean forward to hit chest more. I know nubret would superset barbell curl and dips for arms routine.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on hitting the triceps with dips..I believe you do skulls followed by dips as a pre exhaust method that you mentioned to me in a thread

Curls then chins right after 2 sets
Skull then press bar to neck then dips 2 sets

I can't believe I wasted time glancing this program over. 8 sets per exercise. 7 to 9 exercises per day. So that's 56 to 72 sets per day. With the goal of getting this done in under an hour.

This has got to be some of the dumbest shIt I've ever read in regards to training.

But maybe 8x8 is the secret? Not 5x5, not 10x10.... 8x8 must be it. Will probably get super pumped, blow up all the while burning body fat.

Has to be the secret.

Have fun pressing 20lb dumbbells for 64 reps.

You're gonna be jacked in no time.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner