over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vince gironoda workouts

View attachment 184057

I took this off the internet. But it felt right to post it here.
Yup, that’s it. Did them standing, the height was adjustable.

Notice the wooden bench in the far right background. And the calf machine of near right. Made for standing and donkeys. Never seen one like it. He had a few one of the kinds. It was a very small gym but produced some great physiques.

Last edited:
Looks like these are more for chest? I've always heard the more upright you are the more tricep...lean forward to hit chest more. I know nubret would superset barbell curl and dips for arms routine.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on hitting the triceps with dips..I believe you do skulls followed by dips as a pre exhaust method that you mentioned to me in a thread

Curls then chins right after 2 sets
Skull then press bar to neck then dips 2 sets
Never noticed much for the chest. It’s a tough position to get into and a bit painful at the start. Took some time to get my flexibility . . . It was a the grief to gross ratio, over time, not worth it for me.

Yes, you got it right, the most result producing routine I have ever done for my arms, done 3x per week.

I can't believe I wasted time glancing this program over. 8 sets per exercise. 7 to 9 exercises per day. So that's 56 to 72 sets per day. With the goal of getting this done in under an hour.

This has got to be some of the dumbest shIt I've ever read in regards to training.

But maybe 8x8 is the secret? Not 5x5, not 10x10.... 8x8 must be it. Will probably get super pumped, blow up all the while burning body fat.

Has to be the secret.

Have fun pressing 20lb dumbbells for 64 reps.

You're gonna be jacked in no time.
I think we are reading if different. I counted 24 sets a week for bi 24 for tri. 32 for shoulder which is front, side, rear. So definitely high volume for arms, high but not as high as some programs for shoulders. Not saying I'd do it but it's consistent with most high volume programs I'd think.

I think we are reading if different. I counted 24 sets a week for bi 24 for tri. 32 for shoulder which is front, side, rear. So definitely high volume for arms, high but not as high as some programs for shoulders. Not saying I'd do it but it's consistent with most high volume programs I'd think.
I don't know what article you read, but it wasn't the one you posted. Maybe this is why you are so confused by all these options out there ;)

Here is the split right from your 8x8 article:

Sample Routine:

Day 1
Chest
Decline low cable - crossover (touch hands at waistline) 8 X 8
Bench press to neck - 8 X 8
Incline Dumbbell Press - (palms facing each other) 8 X 8
Wide Grip V-Bar Dips - 8 X 8

Biceps
Drag Curl - 8 X 8
Preacher curl (top of bench at low pec line) - 8 X 8
Incline Dumbbell Curl - 8 X 8

Forearms
Zottman Curl - 8 X 8
Barbell Wrist Curl - 8 X 8

Day 2
Shoulders
Dumbbell Side Lateral raise seated - 8 X 8
Wide Grip upright row - 8 X 8
Front to back barbell shoulder press - 8 X 8
Dumbbell bent over rear deltoid lateral - 8 X 8

Triceps
Kneeling rope extension - 8 X 8
Lying Tricep Extension - 8 X 8
2 Dumbbell Tricep Kickback - 8 X 8

Day 3
Back
Sternum Chin up - 8 X 8
High bench two dumbbell rowing - 8 X 8
Low cable row with 18" high pulley - 8 X 8
Medium Grip Lat Pulldown to Chest - 8 X 8

Abs
Double Crunch - (pull in knees and elbows together at same time) 8 X 8
Weighted Crunch - 8 X 8
Lying Bent Knee Leg Raises - 8 X 8

Day 4
Quads
Front Squat - 8 X 8
Hack machine squat - 8 X 8
Sissy Squat - 8 X 8
Leg Extension - 8 X 8

Hamstrings -
Supine Leg Curl - 8 X 8
Seated leg Curl machine - 8 X 8
Calves Standing Calf raise - 8 X 20
Seated Calf raise - 8 X 20

Reminds me of the idiots I see posting online about what a "Killer workout my coach wrote up for me" and then proceeds to post the leg workout which consists of about 50 sets of compound movements (back squat, front squats, bulgarian split squats, hack squat, leg press) and then another 50 sets of isolation work.

Yeah, what an amazing coach. Write down as much shit as they can, so the client really feels it.
A ten year old can write a program full of exercises and sets that will destroy anyone... doesn't mean it's even remotely effective.

Regarding "only" 24 sets a week for biceps and 32 sets for triceps, you realize that in addition to those sets there multiple other sets per bodypart. Also, keep in mind that a lot of people with good arm development only do 3 to 6 sets for biceps and tricep per week? Do you think a tiny muscle like a bicep requires more sets than a large muscle such as your back? And I'm referring to sane trainers here that will do maybe 8 to 12 sets for the entire back (not 32 sets like this program).

I don't know what article you read, but it wasn't the one you posted. Maybe this is why you are so confused by all these options out there ;)

Sample Routine:

Day 1
Chest

Biceps
Drag Curl - 8 X 8

Forearms
Zottman Curl - 8 X 8

Day 2
Shoulders

Triceps

Day 3
Back
Sternum Chin up - 8 X 8

Abs
Weighted Crunch - 8 X 8

Day 4
Quads
Front Squat - 8 X 8
Sissy Squat - 8 X 8
Leg Extension - 8 X 8

Hamstrings -
Supine Leg Curl - 8 X 8

Reminds me of the idiots I see posting online about what a "Killer workout my coach wrote up for me" and then proceeds to post the leg workout which consists of about 50 sets of compound movements (back squat, front squats, bulgarian split squats, hack squat, leg press) and then another 50 sets of isolation work.

Yeah, what an amazing coach. Write down as much shit as they can, so the client really feels it.
A ten year old can write a program full of exercises and sets that will destroy anyone... doesn't mean it's even remotely effective.

Regarding "only" 24 sets a week for biceps and 32 sets for triceps, you realize that in addition to those sets there multiple other sets per bodypart. Also, keep in mind that a lot of people with good arm development only do 3 to 6 sets for biceps and tricep per week? Do you think a tiny muscle like a bicep requires more sets than a large muscle such as your back? And I'm referring to sane trainers here that will do maybe 8 to 12 sets for the entire back (not 32 sets like this program).
I'm more looking at it sets per body part. I would never do that high volume for chest back legs. But the arms volume... alot of people view them as responding better to volume frequency then heavy low volume...they look similar to other high volume programs... meadows..nubret... Milos etc

I'm more looking at it sets per body part. I would never do that high volume for chest back legs. But the arms volume... alot of people view them as responding better to volume frequency then heavy low volume...they look similar to other high volume programs... meadows..nubret... Milos etc
Again I don't think you read very well. I'm looking at Meadows programs:
Creeping Death 2: 16 sets per week for biceps, 8 on a "load day" 7 sets on a "pump day", same for triceps except 8 sets on pump day.
The Sentinel: 6 sets biceps. LOL, 9 sets triceps,
Omega Beam: 10 sets biceps, 12 sets triceps
Guntlent: 9 sets biceps, 9 sets triceps

I could go on, but I think you can see a pattern here. Or at least you should. Rather than me looking for programs, please instead show me a program where John Meadows says to do 32 sets for biceps per week. I'm really curious to see one, because that would go against everything that John preaches. For a small muscle like Biceps, 12 to 15 sets is high volume.

These are work sets we are talking about. Not warm up sets, where someone is just moving his arms without much impact on the muscle.

As far as Milos, he does love Giant Sets. I don't think I've ever seen him actually write a program but I highly doubt he would think doing 32 sets for biceps is a good idea or needed.
Even with Giant Sets, I could see him set up maybe 4 exercises in a row and run through it 2 or 3 times... so that would only be 8 to 12 sets total.

If you can't destroy your bicep after 4 sets, you need to address your technique, intensity. And intensity doesn't mean heavy, it means on the muscle, make it work as hard as you can.

Doing 32 sets for biceps, is not training, maybe just exercising. If done intensely, you wouldn't be able to lift your arm for a week lol.

Again I don't think you read very well. I'm looking at Meadows programs:
Creeping Death 2: 16 sets per week for biceps, 8 on a "load day" 7 sets on a "pump day", same for triceps except 8 sets on pump day.
The Sentinel: 6 sets biceps. LOL, 9 sets triceps,
Omega Beam: 10 sets biceps, 12 sets triceps
Guntlent: 9 sets biceps, 9 sets triceps

I could go on, but I think you can see a pattern here. Or at least you should. Rather than me looking for programs, please instead show me a program where John Meadows says to do 32 sets for biceps per week. I'm really curious to see one, because that would go against everything that John preaches. For a small muscle like Biceps, 12 to 15 sets is high volume.

These are work sets we are talking about. Not warm up sets, where someone is just moving his arms without much impact on the muscle.

As far as Milos, he does love Giant Sets. I don't think I've ever seen him actually write a program but I highly doubt he would think doing 32 sets for biceps is a good idea or needed.
Even with Giant Sets, I could see him set up maybe 4 exercises in a row and run through it 2 or 3 times... so that would only be 8 to 12 sets total.

If you can't destroy your bicep after 4 sets, you need to address your technique, intensity. And intensity doesn't mean heavy, it means on the muscle, make it work as hard as you can.

Doing 32 sets for biceps, is not training, maybe just exercising. If done intensely, you wouldn't be able to lift your arm for a week lol.
No reason to insult anyone's reading comprehension...it's just a debate on volume. I don't claim to be an expert but Ive always been a low volume guy, just now exploring high volume as I was strictly against and dismissive of it. Not an expert on johns program but looked some up the devour has like 26 a week for chest and 22 I think for delts. I've seen Milos have guys do way more than 4 sets in a row in videos in one giant set. Seth also has some high volume stuff and nubret, I think Zane. I could be wrong if so I stand corrected. I'm not saying this program of Vince is good only that I don't think the volume well above and beyond other high volume pump type training workouts.

Sample Routine:

Day 1
Chest

Biceps
Drag Curl - 8 X 8

Forearms
Zottman Curl - 8 X 8

Day 2
Shoulders

Triceps

Day 3
Back
Sternum Chin up - 8 X 8

Abs
Weighted Crunch - 8 X 8

Day 4
Quads
Front Squat - 8 X 8
Sissy Squat - 8 X 8
Leg Extension - 8 X 8

Hamstrings -
Supine Leg Curl - 8 X 8

With the extremely short rest in between sets (10-20 seconds usually, 30 seconds max), these sets are more akin to a rest pause set, muscle round, or cluster set. Each exercise takes less than a couple minutes to do.
Maybe you’re thinking of it as do a hard set of 8, rest 2-3 minutes, repeat.

No reason to insult anyone's reading comprehension...it's just a debate on volume. I don't claim to be an expert but Ive always been a low volume guy, just now exploring high volume as I was strictly against and dismissive of it. Not an expert on johns program but looked some up the devour has like 26 a week for chest and 22 I think for delts. I've seen Milos have guys do way more than 4 sets in a row in videos in one giant set. Seth also has some high volume stuff and nubret, I think Zane. I could be wrong if so I stand corrected. I'm not saying this program of Vince is good only that I don't think the volume well above and beyond other high volume pump type training workouts.
Nubret was high volume, not heavy, just set after set after set after set. (I have watched him train at Golds). Zane not so much.

Not insulting, simply questioning. You were talking about arms. I told you Meadows would never tell you to do 32 sets for triceps. You come back talking about what you saw Meadows put in a program for Chest and Delts.... So yeah, still questioning.

With the extremely short rest in between sets (10-20 seconds usually, 30 seconds max), these sets are more akin to a rest pause set, muscle round, or cluster set. Each exercise takes less than a couple minutes to do.
Maybe you’re thinking of it as do a hard set of 8, rest 2-3 minutes, repeat.
So you are comparing this to a 64 rest pause set? And 9 exercises of 64 rest pause sets? I don't think you know what a rest pause set is or it's purpose. Good luck doing a 64 rest pause set, nine times in a session. I wouldn't be able to. You realize a usual Rest Pause set goes something like this:
8 to 12 reps/failure
rest 20 seconds
again to failure which is maybe 4 to 6 reps this time
rest 20 seconds
again to failure which you might hit 1 to 4 reps.
So if you are able to take it to 8 rest pauses... you are not really doing a rest pause.

A cluster set on the other hand is a one set made up of "mini-sets" for example 6 sets of 4 reps with 10 second break in between. So you pump out 24 reps.... Not 64 reps. That is way beyond a cluster set/musle round. Do you realize what kind of weights you would have to be using to rep anything out 64 times? You can do this with a can of soup maybe, not a dumbbell. :LOL:

Not insulting, simply questioning. You were talking about arms. I told you Meadows would never tell you to do 32 sets for triceps. You come back talking about what you saw Meadows put in a program for Chest and Delts.... So yeah, still questioning.

So you are comparing this to a 64 rest pause set? And 9 exercises of 64 rest pause sets? I don't think you know what a rest pause set is or it's purpose. Good luck doing a 64 rest pause set, nine times in a session. I wouldn't be able to. You realize a usual Rest Pause set goes something like this:
8 to 12 reps/failure
rest 20 seconds
rest 20 seconds
So if you are able to take it to 8 rest pauses... you are not really doing a rest pause.

A cluster set on the other hand is a one set made up of "mini-sets" for example 6 sets of 4 reps with 10 second break in between. So you pump out 24 reps.... Not 64 reps. That is way beyond a cluster set/musle round. Do you realize what kind of weights you would have to be using to rep anything out 64 times? You can do this with a can of soup maybe, not a dumbbell. :LOL:
Yeah I know what both are and I’ve trained using this method. Your body adapts to it. I did 8x8 with 310 (full stack and a 45) on lat pulldowns with 20 seconds rest
Also did 8x8 with 4 plates on the incline hammer with 20-30 seconds rest
Used the 110s for a 10x10

You don’t have to use baby weights. Especially with the progression scheme I listed in the previous page. In fact, in order for it to be effective heavy weights have to be used

My whole program wasn’t this though, just for a few accessory lifts in my PLing routine

8 to 12 reps/failure
rest 20 seconds
rest 20 seconds

Today was a long day my brain is fried, lol. I'll look at more in depth tomorrow and see where our calculations are off. I'm very familiar with myo and rp, but just recently been looking at high volume type training.i did attempt nubrets arm workout and holy shit, it did seem excessive. 16 total on the day..

Cable pressdowns
Cable curl
8 rounds

BBC
Dips
8 rounds

I was fried after. I think he did this twice a week. The next day and day after I feel fine though. But that was a single workout not doing that volume for weeks on end don't think I could keep it up lol

Today was a long day my brain is fried, lol. I'll look at more in depth tomorrow and see where our calculations are off. I'm very familiar with myo and rp, but just recently been looking at high volume type training.i did attempt nubrets arm workout and holy shit, it did seem excessive. 16 total on the day..

Cable pressdowns
Cable curl
8 rounds

BBC
Dips
8 rounds

I was fried after. I think he did this twice a week. The next day and day after I feel fine though. But that was a single workout not doing that volume for weeks on end don't think I could keep it up lol
FYI, when I saw him train, for example, he did bench press, super wide grip, partial movements, not super heavy and endless, what I would call pumping sets. Then would get up, bs with folks (nobody would work in or mess with ‘his’ exercise) and then go back to benches. He had one of most beautiful male physiques I have ever seen. Not the biggest, not the leanest, but very easy on the eyes.

Wonder if he ever trained at Vince’s 😉

Had a GM in the gym industry who had worked for Vince as one of his eye candy gym helpers when she was young. I kept asking her about his odd exercise variations and she just said she thought a lot of it was to be unique for marketing and that he was an eccentric and at times rather irritable curmudgeon, lol.

3 sets of biceps is all I need if I do a basic exercise and I am training them after the back, where they have already received enough stimulation indirectly.

If I'm looking to train them on an arm day, with higher volume and drop sets, it could be 6 to 8 sets.

Yeah I know what both are and I’ve trained using this method. Your body adapts to it. I did 8x8 with 310 (full stack and a 45) on lat pulldowns with 20 seconds rest
Also did 8x8 with 4 plates on the incline hammer with 20-30 seconds rest
Used the 110s for a 10x10

You don’t have to use baby weights. Especially with the progression scheme I listed in the previous page. In fact, in order for it to be effective heavy weights have to be used

My whole program wasn’t this though, just for a few accessory lifts in my PLing routine
Oh, I see you're one of those lifters. 310 pulldown for 64 reps... Cool
Much stronger than any of these guys

I mean Ronnie fails at 9 or 10 reps, but you can do 7 more sets.

Impressive, would love to see a video. Post one please.

And then follow up with 3 more exercises for back of 8x8.

Looks like these are more for chest? I've always heard the more upright you are the more tricep...lean forward to hit chest more. I know nubret would superset barbell curl and dips for arms routine.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on hitting the triceps with dips..I believe you do skulls followed by dips as a pre exhaust method that you mentioned to me in a thread

Curls then chins right after 2 sets
Skull then press bar to neck then dips 2 sets
No matter what width or angle I barely feel dips in my triceps. But on the other hand, when traveling to coach my son's travel baseball team 10+ years ago I went to a gym and used one of the tricep dip machines where you're strapped into the seat and push your hands down. That was the best feeling tricep exercise I've ever done.

FYI, when I saw him train, for example, he did bench press, super wide grip, partial movements, not super heavy and endless, what I would call pumping sets. Then would get up, bs with folks (nobody would work in or mess with ‘his’ exercise) and then go back to benches. He had one of most beautiful male physiques I have ever seen. Not the biggest, not the leanest, but very easy on the eyes.

Wonder if he ever trained at Vince’s 😉
Would he really take only 30 seconds rest between sets? His 16 set total for arms for example?

Would he really take only 30 seconds rest between sets? His 16 set total for arms for example?
You are replying to the wrong post.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity