over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post competition

bears26

Registered
After each competition how do you guys eat? do you binge eat for a week straight after or just for a few meals? Do you take a week, two weeks off from training or do you just continue to train hard?

binged for a couple weeks once....30 pounds later
i got acquainted with pancreatitis, never again will i do that
beware:(

I eat whatever I want the day or two after the show, and then go right back to whatever I was eating pre-contest. I also hit the gym the Monday after the show. If your diet helped you grow into the show, your body isn't going to have as intense cravings as if you'd starved yourself. So it's easier to get back on track and either prep for another show or have a successful off-season and continue to grow.

The first year I competed, I ate whatever I wanted and stopped going to the gym for a couple weeks. I put 20 lbs on a 5'2" frame in 2 weeks ... and was absolutely miserable and VERY sick. :(

~ Mo

I eat whatever I want the day or two after the show, and then go right back to whatever I was eating pre-contest. I also hit the gym the Monday after the show. If your diet helped you grow into the show, your body isn't going to have as intense cravings as if you'd starved yourself. So it's easier to get back on track and either prep for another show or have a successful off-season and continue to grow.

The first year I competed, I ate whatever I wanted and stopped going to the gym for a couple weeks. I put 20 lbs on a 5'2" frame in 2 weeks ... and was absolutely miserable and VERY sick. :(

~ Mo

As true as it gets, that is what I do. Usually if it is the only competition for the year, I have 1-2 days of relaxing with some nice, tasty foods - the foods I did crave (remember your eyes are always bigger than your stomach), but I am in back in the gym that Monday doing some light activity...but, then I normalize back into my normal eating routine with increased amounts of clean, quality eating till my body resets for offseason training.

Beware of the pain factors from force feeding post show, it hurts real bad, so enjoy some nice foods for a day or two..relax, do some light activity, and slowly get the fluids back into your system, and get back to the routine of things tweaked or tailored for a productive offseason.

PS- little white powder doughnuts in the biggest bag I have ever seen (Costco Style bulk)did me in in my first show right after college even though I half ass it during my prep I still thought I deserved it, tasted great, then started to hurt, but kept going because I thought I deserved it, ouch! Needless to say, I took several years off my competition and trained for fun...got back into the competition last year the right way, as many of know, and treated myself, but did not kill my tummy to death!

Last edited:
thanks guys... i was debating on taking a whole week off of training atleast right now im really drained. after the show i will not binge ill have a few cheat meals after but there is no way in hell i could eat shitty for a few weeks, id die. so a few cheat meals 1 after the show on saturday the a few sunday then monday back to drawing board, maybe some light training. im just gonna see how my body feels after the weekend and go from there

I'm not sure exactly what I'm gonna do after my first show , i plan to do another about 40 days later so I don't think their will be any sort of eating binge.

Just gonna follow what my trainer says

binged for a couple weeks once....30 pounds later
i got acquainted with pancreatitis, never again will i do that
beware:(

Pancreatitis for me too, oh and I only gained 25lbs after my first show. :D I was eating baking chocolate out of the bag in my car. Lol! :eek:

Pancreatitis for me too, oh and I only gained 25lbs after my first show. :D I was eating baking chocolate out of the bag in my car. Lol! :eek:

nice:D

sick as a dog for 10 days or so:cool:

hahaha lynx well i def do not want to be feeling that, but i do want to gain close to 20lbs after this competition. so we will see how my body responds

My first show I gained 37lbs in 5 days after. I felt like crap and never did that again.

I now have a few cheat meals for a few days, the rest of the meals are close to what I ate before and kind of stick to what I was eating pre cont but add a few carbs, do that for a few weeks until I feel that rebound window is over then can loosen up and add more carbs in.

Bears all of these guys have lived through what so many have done. Your body will rebound bad from all the sodium in so many so called cheat foods.

I suggest you get back on your water fast. Keep it flowing through you.
Not sure how much of a late night eater you are so Saturday night might not be the problem. The show wont be over till 10:00pm. I would suggest a snack or any treat you are wanting. Sunday a good breakfast, You will end up eating your way through Sunday I'm guessing. Then start to reel yourself in. No reason to blow up just in time for summer. Keep the look for awhile.

As for training go with how you are feeling. Some guys can get right back at it. I'm usually so beat from all the long weeks of prep I take a break. Since i'm twice your age I assume you will be all fired up to get back at it. Me ..not so much.

I have always pride myself on how long it takes to get back up to my pre comp diet weight. Like you saw from some of the guys here 20 and 30 pounds in DAYS!!!. So, it was a very good question for you to ask.

How are you feeling today? Do you have everything lined out for the rest of the week?

Good Luck,
K

i feel good and bad...more energy from the carbs but i feel a little bloated from the loading process. everything looks great tho. i have been doing what u have said so hopefully everything will come in saturday all dialed in. I can say this, that i worked my ass off with training and stuck to the diet to a "T" and i look the best i have ever looked in my life so i am happy. As for the show i obviously want to place but im taking every step as a learning experience. So we will see. ill keep you posted for sure and i will post pics from the competition as well when its over. thanks for everything

after my first show

i ate my ass off for a day. then just had two cheat meals a day after that for about a month. then went back to the grind.

you guys and gals that say you go right back to eating clean 2 days or less after a show are either crazy, lying or ULTRA disciplined lol. i just relaxed and ate like any normal person (fast food if i wanted it, big lunches with co workers and big home cooked meals at the house for dinner) in between these "normal people" meals i would down some LBAs or proetin drinks to make sure i still got my protein in but i really wanted to eat some tasty stuff. i didn't eat donuts and total crap but DID have hamburgers and fries, pizza, maybe a buffet here and there....
point is don't go bonkers but DO reward yourself.
and how are you feeling now?
you nervous?
you sufferering alot now?
BEST OF LUCK BROTHER!!!! -JS

I take sunday off and enjoy some good food and just relax. No binge eating, just a few good meals. Then Monday I'm back in the gym eating lots of clean calories.

I basically subscribe to this method....

**broken link removed**

Here is some good info too...

THE REBOUND EFFECT - Flex Online

not really to nervous jus excited, i have prepared my ass off for this with posing,training and dieting and jus ready to get up there and show my hard work, as for suffering my body is pretty receptive to everything right now but with adding carbs everyday up til the show im feeling more energized thats for sure but overall i definately feel drained and need a few days to jus recover after this competition i believe but maybe after having a few normal meals it will get me back on track and yes i will go back to eating good cals. i have ate relatively clean for the past 3-4yrs with a few cheat meals obviously but my body hatessss greasy food but i am gonna treat myself after the show for a couple days.

i ate my ass off for a day. then just had two cheat meals a day after that for about a month. then went back to the grind.

you guys and gals that say you go right back to eating clean 2 days or less after a show are either crazy, lying or ULTRA disciplined lol. i just relaxed and ate like any normal person (fast food if i wanted it, big lunches with co workers and big home cooked meals at the house for dinner) in between these "normal people" meals i would down some LBAs or proetin drinks to make sure i still got my protein in but i really wanted to eat some tasty stuff. i didn't eat donuts and total crap but DID have hamburgers and fries, pizza, maybe a buffet here and there....
point is don't go bonkers but DO reward yourself.
and how are you feeling now?
you nervous?
you sufferering alot now?
BEST OF LUCK BROTHER!!!! -JS

We're prolly a little of both - crazy and ultra disciplined. :D I've done things different ways each time, and this is the first year I've gotten back on track 2 days after a show ... and stayed on track. Reason? I have a small frame, and I still gain (non-quality) weight even if I half-ass the diet after the show. I did that last year - ate relatively clean, had some cookies here and there, some bbq's, etc. without going overboard ... and proceeded to steadily gain weight until I was 20 lbs over my contest weight. :eek: And I was utterly miserable because I lost all my definition and my clothes didn't fit. So I have to stick to a strict diet if I want to maintain any kind of shape post-contest. :rolleyes: You're luck you're able to maintain a more moderate diet! :)

bears - best of luck at your show this weekend!! ::ction-sm Looks like you've got a good post-contest plan in place.

thanks mo, i am trying my best and i guess thats all that counts but after a few days of recovery and getting back on track i will be starting a clean bulking diet in which i think would be perfect after my show. i want to gain around 15-20lbs but seeing i have never done a diet like this we will see how easy it is for me to gain. all i no is i want to put on some mass but good mass not to much fat before this contest i bulked for a good 5-6 weeks where i took in around 6,000cals on a clean diet and went from 180-192lbs with 7% bf. i am genetically lean. then when i started my contest diet i went down to 176-177lbs which is where i am hangin around right now at about 3%ish bf . my goal is to get up to atleast 200lbs the 6 weeks after my show then go on a good bulking cycle and hit 220lbs or so. 192lbs is the most i've ever weight, its very hard for my body to gain weight so i dunno how my body will respond to being so heavy but i guess we will find out.

bears where are you? We need an update from this past Saturdays show. How did it go? Give us a run down with pic as soon as you can.
K

i made another thread with the results im sorry guys haha its under first competition just type it in the search button im sure it will pop up, pics and everything is there. hope you guys enjoy it.

bears26

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner