over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Progress Report - 6 weeks to go!

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well, I fell much better about where I am now than 2 weeks ago when I went to see wylde. I was hoping to see him this weekend but it didn't work out :(

First I'm going to give my $0.2 on body composition/body fat testing. It doesn't matter what or how you measure to, it still boils down to how you look. A "Consistent" form of Testing is very good for tracking progress.

I use a unique method that was developed using an Ulrasound device - very accurate, down to 0.1mm and CONSISTENT. Now the fellow who developed it did some validation against water-weighing. Now there can be a "variance" with water water testing based on your "blow out."

I believe wylde and fathead both subscribe to the "higher" form of measurement. If you've seen fathead's pics, he's as lean as they come and he said he water tested to 5% BF. To me, and others I know, he was very low 3% or less by "my" measurements.

Having said all this - when I saw wylde 2 weeks ago I just tested to 7.04% BF and wylde said I looked beween 8 and 9% BF. In the last 2-week period, I've dropped another 10 lbs and one inch on the waist. My BF tested to 5.5%.

My goal, using my measurements, is to hit "low" 3% BF, which by wylde or fathead's standards would be 5%. I've got another 1 or "maybe" 2 inches I could lose around the waist. If I lose 2", I believe the last time my waist was this small was in 7th grade!

I know the hard part is ahead - going from 5 to 3% (by my standards). I've been doing 800mg EQ and 800mg Prop. Starting today I've added Tren, Inj Winny, T-3, SuperClen, Proviron.

Let the struggle begin! :)

xcel

Hey Xcel.

Glad you are feeling much better about it now.

WOW 10lbs in 2 weeks. If it is all or even mostly fat NICE going.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Oh boy

The sound of that makes me scared ;). Im waiting on taxes to work with him... and this is what i have to look forward too ;). GOOD LUCK ! Got any pics for us?!?

More tidbits in BF testing

Xcel,

Ultrasound is based on a very sound principle, but as you said it was validated against hydrostatic weighing. The unfortunate things for us are:

The assumptions of hydrostatic weighing, in particular the density of the fat-free mass, are substantially in error. In the case of muscular males (BB'ers, wt. lifters, powerlifters), there is more muscle mass (density ~1.06g/cc) in the fat-free mass, which is less than the assumed value (1.1g/cc - based on old cadaver research with normal / average muscle mass). This lowers the density of the fat-free mass, lowers the body's overall density, and makes it appear that there is more fat in the body (dnhesity = .90 g / cc), and overestimating %BF.

The other biggie is that the validation studies comparing ultrasound w/ underwater weighing probably didn't include anyone with BF% < 7 or 8%, and / or with so much muscle on his frame. I don't know where the particular validation #'s for this study came from, but that's a consistent problem with BF testing very lean, muscular individuals. All this means is that, unless they had several persons with lower BF% in their study, the comparison is not valid for you. There was no one like you in the study group...

It could be that the US values do not come from underwater validation - I dunno. This is the case for DEXA scanning, which is validated with chemical extraction of mineral, fat, FFM content from animals (dead) or animal parts. DEXA can, just by estimating body volume and density, determine body mass (and weight) which is absolutely *dead on* with scale weight. Pretty friggin' amazing. I was tested a couple weeks after my first show years ago, still very lean and smaller than I am now. It told me I was 4% overall, but here's the kicker. It also gives regional (arms, legs, torso, etc.) body fat %'s. My torso body fat % came out, according to the DEXA calculations, to be -3%, which is of course impossible.

Point being that you're without a doubt doing the right thing in sticking to one measurement, but you're right, man, the mirror / pictures tell the real story. I'll never forget this competitor, who seemed slightly mentally challenged, although not clinically so, who was walking around asking everyone what their bodyfat percentage was. He was proud to say that he's 4.3 % or something like that. I think he placed last in his class (this was a natural show). No doubt he came out to 4.3% on someone's measurements, but I'd have eyeballed him around 9%. The judges agreed... Poor guy.

Congrats on your progress so far, my man. You must be looking pretty damn good. The determination is awesome, Bro. Thanks for the report.

-Randy

im looking forward to seeing how you do excell, illl be where your at in a while myself. im trying to regulate my own diet as to not lose to much muscle. ive lost 17lbs in 3 weeks. now the hard part comes

xcel, what are u planning on doing with ur EQ before the show? are u gonna run all the way through or cut it out? if ur gonna cut it, at what week?

Great job... I wish you the best in your show...

chris

big_byrd52 said:
xcel, what are u planning on doing with ur EQ before the show? are u gonna run all the way through or cut it out? if ur gonna cut it, at what week?
I'm dropping the EQ 2 weeks out. I'll switch to Test Base 4 weeks out and run it through.

xcel

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity