over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein Intolerance- Help!

amc443

Registered
I've been drinking whey protein for years. I always get it from true protein, but all of a sudden this year I cannot digest it. A shake will bring me to my knees due to the pain. I took a break from whey and ordered a multi-blend order or protein( whey, egg white, casein) and it was even worse. Made me vomit 15 minutes after drinking it.

Since then I have not used any whey for 4 months yet I can drink milk with no issues. This is very frustrating because it is almost impossible to hit 500g of protein a day without a shake or two.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Can this be solved or am I doomed to never being able to digest whey? Thanks!

I've been drinking whey protein for years. I always get it from true protein, but all of a sudden this year I cannot digest it. A shake will bring me to my knees due to the pain. I took a break from whey and ordered a multi-blend order or protein( whey, egg white, casein) and it was even worse. Made me vomit 15 minutes after drinking it.

Since then I have not used any whey for 4 months yet I can drink milk with no issues. This is very frustrating because it is almost impossible to hit 500g of protein a day without a shake or two.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Can this be solved or am I doomed to never being able to digest whey? Thanks!

Milk contans 20% whey only. Try TN`s micellar protein or LBA and take some EAA with your regular meals.

So does that mean I wont be able to use whey again? I only ask because I have 30+ pounds ready to go lol :banghead:

Maybe it's possible to develop an allergy or something.

What if you order some straight egg white protein.

Ya I was told that's basically what happened but i do not want to spend more money on a "maybe". I was hoping someone might have seen something like this.

Maybe even someone like mountaindog might know how to deal with this considering he knows a lot about digestion.

I'm honestly stumped on what to do

I've had the same thing happen. I listened to Phil Hernon and only use LBA's now with no problems... Plus they taste much better. Not too pricey either when you break the effectiveness down. And he'll if it's the only way I can get extra protein besides food, it's worth it.

I hope you're one large, powerful individual if you are trying to down that much protien everyday.. How many scoops are you trying to drink at once? What else is in the shake?

Well im about 275, soft. 20% BF roughly. I'm fairly strong, I like to think LOL.

But, when this digestive trouble started to happen, I was crushing 5 scoop shakes(100 to125g of protein) anywhere from once to three times a day for a month or two. I was trying to gain some insane weight and wanted to go for the 500g + a day.

That was over 6 months ago and I still cant touch the stuff.....It broke me LOL. Just trying to fix this because whey used to be my best friend when I'm on the go and what not haha

I've had the same thing happen. I listened to Phil Hernon and only use LBA's now with no problems... Plus they taste much better. Not too pricey either when you break the effectiveness down. And he'll if it's the only way I can get extra protein besides food, it's worth it.

This^ and also Humapro

Is it similar to dissipated liver.

Anyone know if there is a way to correct an intolerance or do I need to avoid specific protein powders forever? That's all I'm looking for find out :headbang:

Edit: I've googled and searched like crazy but haven't come up with much!

So simple, get synthepure :) no digestions problems from a non sugars, lactose free, 96% pure whey isolate.

Symptoms of whey allergy

As whey allergy can affect more than one body systems at a time, several types of symptoms are shown in the allergic person.

◦Reaction in digestive system: Like the people who have lactose intolerance, the whey allergic people experience many disturbances in digestive system such as cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, bloating and nausea. The symptoms appear soon after ingesting the whey hours later.
◦Reactions in respiratory system: Whey allergy also affects the respiratory system with various symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, runny noise, watery eyes, itchy eyes, asthma attack
◦Reaction in integumentary (skin) system: The skin is severely attacked by the allergy to whey. Some of the common symptoms occurred in the skin due to whey allergy are itchy rash or hives, swelling of the skin in facial areas, tongue, mouth and throat and dark circles under the eyes
◦Extreme symptoms: In severe condition, the body is overloaded with the deposit of chemicals as a result of allergic reactions. It leads to many serious problems in the body such as swelling inside the mouth and throat, obstructions in the airways, dizziness, fainting, and increase in blood pressure. Anaphylaxis may also occur and as it is a life threatening symptom, medical help should be taken

Symptoms of whey allergy

As whey allergy can affect more than one body systems at a time, several types of symptoms are shown in the allergic person.

◦Reaction in digestive system: Like the people who have lactose intolerance, the whey allergic people experience many disturbances in digestive system such as cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, bloating and nausea. The symptoms appear soon after ingesting the whey hours later.
◦Reactions in respiratory system: Whey allergy also affects the respiratory system with various symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, runny noise, watery eyes, itchy eyes, asthma attack
◦Reaction in integumentary (skin) system: The skin is severely attacked by the allergy to whey. Some of the common symptoms occurred in the skin due to whey allergy are itchy rash or hives, swelling of the skin in facial areas, tongue, mouth and throat and dark circles under the eyes
◦Extreme symptoms: In severe condition, the body is overloaded with the deposit of chemicals as a result of allergic reactions. It leads to many serious problems in the body such as swelling inside the mouth and throat, obstructions in the airways, dizziness, fainting, and increase in blood pressure. Anaphylaxis may also occur and as it is a life threatening symptom, medical help should be taken

Are allergies like this reversible? I am curious to how or why this happens! So frustrating:banghead:

5 scoops shakes? That's pretty crazy.

well if it worked good for you in the past i think you should consider
if it could be digestive tract health look at some digestive emzymes
more fiber , yogart ect , more fresh vegatables and fruit
as for the pain it was stomach pain not kidneye right ?

Last edited:
I have no clue what is causing this, but I have my doubts that it is due to an intolerance or allergic reaction mainly because he would be experiencing the same thing when he drinks milk, which he doesn't.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131