over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PROTEIN POWDER - WHICH BRAND IS BEST?

Yeah, no comparison. It seems to me like WPC is the better of the two.

Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) and Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) are two of the most concentrated sources of protein available today. Both are rated the same PDCAAS for quality and useability.

WPC and WPI are equally great sources of protein for muscle growth support and balanced nutrition. There is a perception that WPI is superior, mainly because it delivers slightly more protein per gram than WPC (90% or more protein) and contains slightly less fat and carbs (lactose), which may be of interest to those on a serious weight management program or for those who are lactose sensitive/intolerant.

WPC maintains a higher quantity of the bioactive lactoferrin and a number of peptides important for healthy digestion with anywhere between 29% and 89% protein. The fat content is necessary because the growth factors such as IGF-1 are bound and encapsulated by it. If the fat is removed the anabolic components are also removed.

A high quality whey protein supplement contains high quantities of growth and immune system promoting fractions such as lactoferrin. WPC, contains double the amount of health promoting immunoglobulins than most whey protein isolates.

Just Google WPC v WPI and you will see the difference. There's no comparison.

Yeah, no comparison. It seems to me like WPC is the better of the two.

Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) and Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) are two of the most concentrated sources of protein available today. Both are rated the same PDCAAS for quality and useability.

WPC and WPI are equally great sources of protein for muscle growth support and balanced nutrition. There is a perception that WPI is superior, mainly because it delivers slightly more protein per gram than WPC (90% or more protein) and contains slightly less fat and carbs (lactose), which may be of interest to those on a serious weight management program or for those who are lactose sensitive/intolerant.

WPC maintains a higher quantity of the bioactive lactoferrin and a number of peptides important for healthy digestion with anywhere between 29% and 89% protein. The fat content is necessary because the growth factors such as IGF-1 are bound and encapsulated by it. If the fat is removed the anabolic components are also removed.

A high quality whey protein supplement contains high quantities of growth and immune system promoting fractions such as lactoferrin. WPC, contains double the amount of health promoting immunoglobulins than most whey protein isolates.

WPC will also bloat most people like mad and give digestion problems because it's not absorbing properly.

I really just kinda posted that as a joke. I took your advice and googled the two and that was the first link that came up. Obviously, they are trying to sell you WPC instead of WPI. I have never gotten bloat or digestion problems from WPC, but then again, I have a cast iron stomach and lead pipes.

Make no mistake, I just oredered a whole mess of WPI after this thread.

WPC will also bloat most people like mad and give digestion problems because it's not absorbing properly.

I really just kinda posted that as a joke. I took your advice and googled the two and that was the first link that came up. Obviously, they are trying to sell you WPC instead of WPI. I have never gotten bloat or digestion problems from WPC, but then again, I have a cast iron stomach and lead pipes.

Make no mistake, I just oredered a whole mess of WPI after this thread.

I thought that what you posted seemed a bit biased compared to everything that I read in the past ;)

I just cant justify using WPC when you can use less of WPI and get better results since absorbtion is %100 v.s. what like %70 at best depending on brand.

Less bloat.

Im glad I looked at this thread, I have had a terrible time finding anything that does NOT cause bloat...I get the distended, gassy, fatty-gut feeling and worst of all I couldnt fart or burp to save my life! Cant stand it!

How many servings in a standard tub of Synthepure? I see that its 2lbs just trying to figure out the cost-serving ratio...

Last edited:
Isn't WPC what is used most in scientific research when they have humans supplement with protein powders. I know two off top of my head. Just odd they would chose WPC, guess price :?

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard WPI Double Rich Chocolate by the bag, no bloat, I love it :)

Last edited:
nobody use protein factory here? I love their stuff, been using their premade formulas for many years with good results.

Im glad I looked at this thread, I have had a terrible time finding anything that does NOT cause bloat...I get the distended, gassy, fatty-gut feeling and worst of all I couldnt fart or burp to save my life! Cant stand it!

How many servings in a standard tub of Synthepure? I see that its 2lbs just trying to figure out the cost-serving ratio...

30 servings per tub. You will get no bloat or gas with it.

X2

Just ordered some Cytosport pure whey isolate. Didn't see it listed on here, but it tastes damn good.

Good product. For a blend, Cytosport Evopro is what they use as a base for Muscle Milk

ON double rich chocolate..........i dont compete, and dont want to spend a shitload of money on WPI when all im trying to do is get ENOUGH protein, i could care less about bloating.

most people do not have the means to buy WPI, esp when ON is 1/3 the price of WPI. i get 5 lbs for 30 bucks.

Yea what would be the honest difference between WPC and WPI for someone who isn't competing and just trying to make sure they're getting more than enough protein for muscle growth?

Also thru the years, I've heard lots of info about how much protein you can digest in 1 meal - anywhere from 25g to 50 and up.. Any truth to this? I have 3 regular meals a day, with a 40g protein shake in between breakfast and lunch, in between lunch and dinner (after workout), and before bed.. So I'm basically putting something in my system every 3 hrs, which I feel is ideal..

nobody use protein factory here? I love their stuff, been using their premade formulas for many years with good results.

I use PF for their microfiltered isolate, great deal on always. I go with TP for most other protien and lba's.

Also dont get fooled when you see many companies put whey isolate on the cover. It may only contain like %10 isolate and the rest is concentrate. Also most of their isolate isnt microfiltered.

"All the whey protein" is good quality and cheap stuff. I think they're new in the business.

Not to mention, the great taste. :)

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311