mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Randy Couture still fighting at 47! What age is a mans prime these days?

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
dam at 47 and has a fight coming up. im noticiing there is def some genetics here invloved on when one can be in there prime, as it seems it can really range. You look at frank mir that was on fire in his early mid twenties, but guys like randy at 47 or lou feringno still jacked at 60, such a gap, just examples. I would like to know when my prime age would be and do something with it at that time u know, before it degenerates. is there even such a thing as an average age of a mans prime? im sure some of you older guys would know if your in actaully better performance now then you have ever been before. i guess it all comes down to how consistant you are with keeping it up. and gh of course lol

I think Randy is just a genetic freak and not the norm what his body cam handle even amongst his peers...I think athletes in general between 25-35.

I think bodybuilders is little older now 30-40.

Yep, and Jack LaLanne accomplished his incredible feats of strength from the age of forty to seventy years old. Just goes to show what good diet and consistent exercise can allow you to do.

Seeing as though I've just entered my 40's, I'm going to with the 50's...people don't hit their peak until they hit their 50's. :D (Denial is everything!)

IMO, Randy is one of the best all time MMA fighters.

yes UFC 129 april 30th hes fighting machida gonna be a good fight. GSP is on that card too fighting jake shields. he looks damn good for his age i suspect hes doing HGH along with alot of other fighters. if he can still get up and bang why not. must be hard to hang up your gloves

Last edited:
Couture's the best dirty boxer in the game! Looks great and still throw fists!

I'm 41, and I'm not a fighter, but I still do all that I used to do at any other point in my life. Bike or inline skate 25 miles a day in summer, still setting PR's as far as strength, and I've powerlifted since teenager. Nothing feels different to me. Injuries come easier, but thanks to GH they go away quick as well. Still seems like plenty to go for me as of yet.

You know it makes me happy when i see the old guys over 40 makeing the news.
I just hit 40 and 15 years ago that all you heard (better get what you can cause when you hit your mid 30s its over )
You may need to apply the old icy-hot more but if you want it and your smart ,who knows ?

dam at 47 and has a fight coming up. im noticiing there is def some genetics here invloved on when one can be in there prime, as it seems it can really range. You look at frank mir that was on fire in his early mid twenties, but guys like randy at 47 or lou feringno still jacked at 60, such a gap, just examples. I would like to know when my prime age would be and do something with it at that time u know, before it degenerates. is there even such a thing as an average age of a mans prime? im sure some of you older guys would know if your in actaully better performance now then you have ever been before. i guess it all comes down to how consistant you are with keeping it up. and gh of course lol

I think it depends on the man in general. I do think in this day and age and athletes longevity is much longer if they do things properly. Age is just a number up to a certain point.

i will turn 57 in may and i have not seen or felt any kind of decline yet. i have always preferred moderate weights and higher reps. maybe that has spared my joints somewhat. i respect and admire the hell out of randy c and hope to see him fight at 50.

I think its just a matter of how active you stay. Of course diet and exercise plays some role. And hormones..

This will sound goofy but I think golf is horrible for older people lol. Yeah its an activity but Ive seen tons of former athletes give up more active sports or lifestyles and just settle on golf because they think its good enough.

Randy is an awesome fighter. Not only does he know howto stay in peak condition, he's smart as hell and uses strategy to his advantage. Agreat athlete to be sure. (Plus makes me feel good at 51...)

If it were not for my heart attack 3 about 3 years ago I would say that a bodybuilder doesnt hit his prime until after the age of 40. Sure the recovery rate goes to shit and you have to lift smarter, but the gains keep comming. up til the last day of my heart attack at age 38 I was still making slow gains in strength and size. I do think though that your potential will be realized early on, but even if youre not specatuclar you can still continue to improve on your physique well into your 40s.

I think most of the gians you make are within the first 10-20 years of training, when youre in your mid teens to mid 30s, but you can still make gains later on. I started out when I was 15 years old and weighed just 135 pounds at 6 foot tall and ended out at 6 foot and about 235 lbs and was even leaner. So I put on more than 100 lbs of lean bodymass, this was enhanced of course. SOme of the weight gain I would guess was natural gain due to me being young puberty, but if I look at my father he only weighed about 175 lbs at my height. So I suppose I could say I was carrying an extra 50 lbs or more of muscle due to my trainining and lifestyle. Even now at the age of 41 and 3 years after my heart attack and only doing HRT dose of 100 mg/wk test I remain at 215 lbs and about an aveage of 15% BF. I still lift weights but not anything like I used to. I think some of the mass you put on when youre younger stay with you forever because I am much more muscular now than I would have ever been if I never touched weights.

I would like to hear from some 50 plus year olds about their experience, especially if they have been training since their teens.

Last edited:
Total respect for randy its not even like he just turns up and gets fights cause of his name he gets fights because he is still lethal. I respect anyone who just gets on with it. Not just mma or bbing but anything. 60 year olds climbing mountains. Keep doing what u love

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
danicatrainestapp
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131