over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Scientific data on steroids

Armageddon

Kilo Klub Member
Since there seems to be alot of people here lately that use read alot of studies. I was wondering if you could post up some info about steroids and the studies done with them. I'm try'n to explain pro's and con's to someone and they don't believe there are any studies done with this and it all kills.

I've looked but haven't really found what I wanted.

depends on which steroids, and what you are talking about or looking tr prove. there are literally hundreds if not thousands of studies wtih dbol, anavar, etc

More injectable then anything. He's spouting news related information and says it all creates long term health problems, destroys your liver, organs, grows bones all negative uninformed stuff. I just want to show him the proper info so he can make decisions based off of facts and not what he's heard thru the media.

His other arguement is that all supplements have steroids in them by supplement companies and they are tanted. There for supplements are steroids. Tried to convince me creatine is an otc steroid

Last edited:
More injectable then anything. He's spouting news related information and says it all creates long term health problems, destroys your liver, organs, grows bones all negative uninformed stuff. I just want to show him the proper info so he can make decisions based off of facts and not what he's heard thru the media.

show him the benefits of testosterone in the artcle section. it has pros and cons.

i have been trying to find some studies on tren and cant find any. many things have been "said" about tren, but it would be interesting to see some facts. you would think they would do studies on cattle and their organs but i am yet to find them.

eh, taken at supraphisiologic levels over long spans of time it probably does.

But he is retarded on the supplements, ask him to read about cGMP procedures for supplement companies. Honestly i'd just not talk to him if he's that dumb. You can show him how theres 2-3 g of creatine per pound of red meat or chicken if you want a laugh

show him the benefits of testosterone in the artcle section. it has pros and cons.

i have been trying to find some studies on tren and cant find any. many things have been "said" about tren, but it would be interesting to see some facts. you would think they would do studies on cattle and their organs but i am yet to find them.

No, because tren is meant to be used to keep their size up with less food and more irritation as they are on their way to slaughter. so its not like there is long term use info

Actually doesn't have any involvement with fitness as far as I know, just one of those fools that likes to spout off. Probably angry because they are not fit and are upset about it. I was just looking for some general factual info because I kee p being told I'm only sharing opinion. Wanted something concrete for them to read. thanks

Is he pulling out studies? No, obviously not so i'd remind him that his bullshit is just opinions too :) but mostly i'd just stop talking to him :)

Here's one- Roid rage is total bulls***

The effects of exogenous testosterone on sexuality and mood of normal men
RA Anderson, J Bancroft and FC Wu
Medical Research Council Reproductive Biology Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, Scotland.

The effects of supraphysiological levels of testosterone, used for male contraception, on sexual behavior and mood were studied in a single- blind, placebo-controlled manner in a group of 31 normal men. After 4 weeks of baseline observations, the men were randomized into two groups: one group received 200 mg testosterone enanthate (TE) weekly by im injection for 8 weeks (Testosterone Only group), the other received placebo injections once weekly for the first 4 weeks followed by TE 200 mg weekly for the following 4 weeks (Placebo/Testosterone group). The testosterone administration increased trough plasma testosterone levels by 80%, compatible with peak testosterone levels 400-500% above baseline. Various aspects of sexuality were assessed using sexuality experience scales (SES) questionnaires at the end of each 4-week period while sexual activity and mood states were recorded by daily dairies and self-rating scales. In both groups there was a significant increase in scores in the Psychosexual Stimulation Scale of the SES (i.e. SES 2) following testosterone administration, but not with placebo. There were no changes in SES 3, which measures aspects of sexual interaction with the partner. In both groups there were no changes in frequency of sexual intercourse, masturbation, or penile erection on waking nor in any of the moods reported. The Placebo/Testosterone group showed an increase in self-reported interest in sex during testosterone treatment but not with placebo. The SES 2 results suggest that sexual awareness and arousability can be increased by supraphysiological levels of testosterone. However, these changes are not reflected in modifications of overt sexual behavior, which in eugonadal men may be more determined by sexual relationship factors. This contrasts with hypogonadal men, in whom testosterone replacement clearly stimulates sexual behavior. There was no evidence to suggest an alteration in any of the mood states studied, in particular those associated with increased aggression. We conclude that supraphysiological levels of testosterone maintained for up to 2 months can promote some aspects of sexual arousability without stimulating sexual activity in eugonadal men within stable heterosexual relationships. Raising testosterone does not increase self-reported ratings of aggressive feelings

Source-
http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/75/6/1503

Here's another abstract for a study showing exactly what happens to men as they get older and testosterone levels get low. Low test is a lot worse than really high test.

What exact studies do you want btw?

Abstract

The metabolic syndrome (MetS) is considered the most important public health threat of the 21st century. This syndrome is characterized by a cluster of cardiovascular risk factors including increased central abdominal obesity, elevated triglycerides, reduced high-density lipoprotein, high blood pressure, increased fasting glucose, and hyperinsulinemia. These factors increase the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and/or type 2 diabetes. Although the etiology of this syndrome is thought to stem from obesity and physical inactivity, the extent of interactions of the individual MetS components with one another remains poorly defined. Obesity, diabetes, hypogonadism, and specific hormone and metabolic profiles have been implicated in the pathophysiology of CVD. The evolving role of androgens in MetS and CVD is of paramount importance. Reduced androgen levels associated with hypogonadism or androgen deprivation therapy increase cardiovascular risk factors and produce marked adverse effects on cardiovascular function. MetS has been associated with hypogonadism and erectile dysfunction (ED), and MetS may be considered a risk factor for ED. It is suggested that MetS, diabetes, and CVD will increase in the upcoming decades. Thus, it is critically important to develop a better understanding of how obesity, diabetes and hypogonadism contribute to androgen deficiency and the various pathophysiologic states of vascular disease. In this review we discuss the current literature pertaining to androgen deficiency, MetS, and ED, because the relationship of these factors is of scientific and clinical importance. Specifically, we will focus on exploring the relationships between hypogonadism, obesity, MetS, and ED.

**broken link removed**

Oh you know that whole prostate hypertrophy thing? Yea that's been shown to be a load of nonsense.

Abstract
Purpose
We investigate and define the effects of exogenous testosterone on the normal prostate.

Materials and Methods
A total of 31 healthy volunteers 21 to 39 years old were randomized to receive either 100, 250 or 500 mg. testosterone via intramuscular injection once a week for 15 weeks. Baseline measurements of serum testosterone, free testosterone and prostate specific antigen (PSA) were taken at week 1. Semen samples were also collected for PSA content and prostate volumes were determined by transrectal ultrasound before testosterone injection. Blood was then drawn every other week before each testosterone injection for the 15 weeks, every other week thereafter until week 28 and again at week 40. After the first 15 weeks semen samples were again collected, and prostate volumes were determined by repeat transrectal ultrasound.

Results
Free and total serum testosterone levels increased significantly in the 250 and 500 mg. dose groups. No significant change occurred in the prostate volume or serum PSA levels at any dose of exogenous testosterone. Total semen PSA levels decreased following administration of testosterone but did not reach statistical significance.

Conclusions
Despite significant elevations in serum total and free testosterone, healthy young men do not demonstrate increased serum or semen PSA levels, or increased prostate volume in response to exogenous testosterone injections.

Source-
http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0022534701639442

Here's one- Roid rage is total bulls***

The effects of exogenous testosterone on sexuality and mood of normal men
RA Anderson, J Bancroft and FC Wu
Medical Research Council Reproductive Biology Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, Scotland.

The effects of supraphysiological levels of testosterone, used for male contraception, on sexual behavior and mood were studied in a single- blind, placebo-controlled manner in a group of 31 normal men. After 4 weeks of baseline observations, the men were randomized into two groups: one group received 200 mg testosterone enanthate (TE) weekly by im injection for 8 weeks (Testosterone Only group), the other received placebo injections once weekly for the first 4 weeks followed by TE 200 mg weekly for the following 4 weeks (Placebo/Testosterone group). The testosterone administration increased trough plasma testosterone levels by 80%, compatible with peak testosterone levels 400-500% above baseline. Various aspects of sexuality were assessed using sexuality experience scales (SES) questionnaires at the end of each 4-week period while sexual activity and mood states were recorded by daily dairies and self-rating scales. In both groups there was a significant increase in scores in the Psychosexual Stimulation Scale of the SES (i.e. SES 2) following testosterone administration, but not with placebo. There were no changes in SES 3, which measures aspects of sexual interaction with the partner. In both groups there were no changes in frequency of sexual intercourse, masturbation, or penile erection on waking nor in any of the moods reported. The Placebo/Testosterone group showed an increase in self-reported interest in sex during testosterone treatment but not with placebo. The SES 2 results suggest that sexual awareness and arousability can be increased by supraphysiological levels of testosterone. However, these changes are not reflected in modifications of overt sexual behavior, which in eugonadal men may be more determined by sexual relationship factors. This contrasts with hypogonadal men, in whom testosterone replacement clearly stimulates sexual behavior. There was no evidence to suggest an alteration in any of the mood states studied, in particular those associated with increased aggression. We conclude that supraphysiological levels of testosterone maintained for up to 2 months can promote some aspects of sexual arousability without stimulating sexual activity in eugonadal men within stable heterosexual relationships. Raising testosterone does not increase self-reported ratings of aggressive feelings

Source-
http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/75/6/1503

Sorry 2 hijack but I just throught I would highlight a few good points here.

I just had to add this- Testosterone in the womb is why males have bigger brains than females.

"As testosterone affects the entire body (often by enlarging; men have bigger hearts, lungs, liver, etc.), the brain is also affected by this "sexual" advancement; the enzyme aromatase converts testosterone into estradiol that is responsible for masculinization of the brain in a male fetus.

There are some differences in a male and female brain (the result of different testosterone levels), one of them being size: the male human brain is, on average, larger; however, in females (who generally do not have as high testosterone levels) the corpus callosum is proportionally larger. This means that the effect of testosterone is a greater overall brain volume."

Source-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone

Sorry 2 hijack but I just throught I would highlight a few good points here.

Test is not what causes mood swings. It's the increase in estrogen that comes along with it. Basically, you get to experience what it's like to be a woman.

Check out PubMed and use the advanced filters for those that have the full text available.

here is one

There are plenty more at NEJM.

Effects of Supraphysiologic Doses of Testosterone
**broken link removed**

Test is not what causes mood swings. It's the increase in estrogen that comes along with it. Basically, you get to experience what it's like to be a woman.

Actually my point is how little testosterone is needed to raise your own levels above baseline. At 200mg a week, testosterone increased to 400-500% above baseline levels, which would be why I did so well on 250 mg a week, training like shit and not eating right.

yep

Really? Both of these hormones affect neurotransmitters. If estrogen is what causes mood swing then trenbolone should be the ideal steroid for stable mood. :D

Don't put any hormone in a good/evil category. Change anything to the extreme and there can be problems.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131