over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skip Hill brings up an interesting topic on @ThinkBigBodybuildingMedia. šŸ§

Wrong Scott silly. lol. I was referring to McNally as a member having been here but not knowing his handle name;)

I know who the great and mighty homonunculus is:) :D

I was really confused, also kinda high.

Makes WAY more sense now. I was likeā€¦.has @MR. BMJ had a stroke recently? Lol

I think it depends on how advanced you are and how dialed in your recovery is. I am 41 and have been doing something similar for a good part of the year and I am growing. I don't intend to train this way forever, as I enjoy training a lot. But right now I do upper body one week, legs the next. Sometimes I give legs more than 2 weeks off. During the upper body week I get 4 workouts in. I train my ass off and my recovery this year has been more dialed in than ever. I'm only on TRT. This has been one of my best years of growth. Skip knows what he's talking about, but again this would not work for everyone.

Personally i need 1 week off every 6-8 weeks of progressive overload training, without that my lifts starts not improving anymore.

High volume or High intensity, doesn't matter, you need to deload, it's like doing one step back, do make 3 steps forward.
How heavy and hard are you training!? šŸ˜‚

A FULL week off for every 6-8 weeks.

Iā€™m really hoping you shock us all some day with an insane pic of your physique. Not getting my hopes up. Lol

How heavy and hard are you training!? šŸ˜‚

A FULL week off for every 6-8 weeks.

Iā€™m really hoping you shock us all some day with an insane pic of your physique. Not getting my hopes up. Lol
I will be glad to know how do you train and manage it. Thanks.

Personally i need 1 week off every 6-8 weeks of progressive overload training, without that my lifts starts not improving anymore.

High volume or High intensity, doesn't matter, you need to deload, it's like doing one step back, do make 3 steps forward.
Never said that huhā€¦ šŸ¤”šŸ˜‚

I wanted to share this video with everyone because Iā€™ve experienced the exact same thing Skip talks about in this video. I thought I was the only one who noticed this strange phenomenon, but obviously not! Skip is experimenting with his training by doing a one week on-one week off regimenā€”because every time he takes a week offā€”he comes back stronger, gets a better pump, and his joints feel better. Iā€™ve experienced the exact same thing, especially since Iā€™ve gotten older and have arthritis joints. Skip also suggest a person would maintain all their muscle during the week off if using steroids. In a nutshell, we may be able to train a lot less often and be just as big, or bigger, because our joints, tendons, and CNS get better recovery. I think thereā€™s validity for this type of trainingā€”especially for those of us who are advanced lifters, have a busy work schedule or deal with painful joints/tendons. Iā€™d be interested in hearing others opinions.

This totally depends on how you lift and how long youā€™ve been training and the intensity levels youā€™re accustomed to. For someone like Skip, who can get more out of 3 sets of curls than 99% of the gym bros at LA Fitness can get out of 12 sets, the week on week off might work. At least for a while.

Most people (probably with the exception of the more hardcore, very experienced lifters who are reading these forums) just donā€™t train hard enough and donā€™t make the mind-muscle connection required to be able to afford taking every other week off.

In a nutshell, I would say if you are an amateur or competitive bodybuilder already. Or would definitely pass for one, this might work for you for several months. But if no one but your mom knows that youā€™re a bodybuilder, itā€™s probably not gonna work for you.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131