over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

sodium and potassium ratios in diet

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What do you believe is ideal for bodybuilders? Does it change when cutting, vs bulking? I have read to be safe a 1:1 ratio is good. I've also read that messing with the ratio or taking too much potassium can really mess you up and harm the kidneys.

If you think potassium is hard on your kidneys just imagine what the 10+ weeks of tren is doing...

They're also dummy proofing potassium supplements by making them low potency

Wouldn't want a mom on facebook overdosing, because she read an article on potassium aligning her chakra

I drink 3 , 5oz V8 juice a day along with probably 5-6 cups of different veggies and 12-16 oz fruit. I think that supply more than enough potassium.
I do take 200mg magnesium 2x a day and eat plenty sodium and never had any issues with cramps or anything else. I've been getting some spasms after I train but I've increase the intensity a bit and changed how I train so that what I think is Cause of that.

I don't think there is an optimum ratio as everyones chemistry and needs are different.

I don’t know any BBer supplementing with potassium. And sodium is always high IMO.

Once i asked to Iain Valliere on Instagram how to choose the right dose of sodium and potassium.... He was very kind the answer was:

"just put on salt on every meal, usually I do 3 rotations from my salt shaker on food, and drink a good amount of water during day... I weight sodium and water only on last weeks of a prep".

And that's what I do since one year, never felt better.

Im a big fan of this diet. Maybe it will be helpful for you.

Im a big fan of this diet. Maybe it will be helpful for you.

this looks like a crock of shit, for lack of a better term.
"WHy do people overeat?" Basic questions with basic answers and then some random diet that requires "detox."
Justin Harris has said multiple times that if a person eats in the pick, plant or kill area of the grocery store (the rim...so just veggies, whole grains and meat) most people's appetites will be the limiting factor for getting fat. Obviously one needs to be active but I'm assume we all are if we are posting on a hardcore BBing forum.

The fact that some Dr has labeled this the "Ultrametabolism Diet" makes me laugh out loud.

Because of heart issues, this is something I pay attention to. On most days I just eat normal, but if I can't cook a meal at home and have to eat something high sodium like beef jerky or chipotle for my protein, I will either buy a couple bananas to eat, take a few potassium tabs, or make sure to eat a ton of watermelon when I get home. I can absolutely tell a difference when I do this.

When I have a bloated face, i take potassium and face kinda shrinks

Average joe takes way more sodium than potassium

I think 2:1 sodium to potassium is ideal for an athlete, anything more than that and you talking about a lot of supplemental potassium, I've done a lot of full micronutrient profiles on my diets.

I drink 3 , 5oz V8 juice a day along with probably 5-6 cups of different veggies and 12-16 oz fruit. I think that supply more than enough potassium.
I do take 200mg magnesium 2x a day and eat plenty sodium and never had any issues with cramps or anything else. I've been getting some spasms after I train but I've increase the intensity a bit and changed how I train so that what I think is Cause of that.

I don't think there is an optimum ratio as everyones chemistry and needs are different.

Brother, you do know those V8's are like 1000mg of sodium each? My heart Dr. said absolutely no V8!!!

Brother, you do know those V8's are like 1000mg of sodium each? My heart Dr. said absolutely no V8!!!
Yep , which is exactly why I drink them ,thy are also loaded with potassium.
When I'm working in a boiler house where the ambient temperature is 109° with 80% humidity it's not uncommon to drink 3 gallons of water a day and still be slightly dehydrated when I get home , all that water does a great job of flushing out your electrolytes.
I've never had any issues with Sodium increasing my blood pressure at all , it not uncommon for me to get 10,000mg a day or weeks at a time.
I think when people have an issue with Sodium increasing their blood pressure it die to an underlying issue

Slin can push K+ (potassium) down a tad (increases influx of K+ intracellularly) in some cases if you're pushing the envelope one could introduce acute hypokalemia. There's some retentive tinkering with Na (sodium) by slin as well.

As for supplementation of extra K+, I personally wouldn't head down that path as I like the rhythm as it is of my ole ticker.

I just put no salt KCl on my food and blend it with sodium contain seasonings in cooking, soy sauce, chicken bullion or whatever.... to get a better ratio. I do notice when I make soups with a method like this I have more fullness in the muscle and less water under my skin it seems. My heart and kidneys are doing well so I am not concerned with the potassium intake, I am more concerned with the water retention from excessive sodium as I tend to retain the sodium.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws