over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Soy or No Soy??

The Mass

IFBB PRO
IFBB PROS
Im planning on buying some protin powder from tp. I was wondering what u guys think about soy protein isolate non-gmo??? I was thinking about mixing..

50% Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration
50% Soy Protein Isolate non-GMO

about 25g protein per scoop...i was reading mix reviews on soy..was wondering you guys opinions???

I take in 3-4 shakes a day...so thats about 75-100gram soy a day...I wanted to get your opinions before i order..

Thanks.

Basicly looking for good protein source for not to much $$$ to use for my diet prep..

How bout

60% Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration
20% Gemma Protein Isolate Powder
20% Soy Protein Isolate non-GMO

What does "GMO" mean?

Soy is one of the most dangerous foodstuffs you could ever wish to put in your body. It is highly estrogenic and also wreaks havoc on the body in so many other ways.
Take a look at the following websites-

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz

**broken link removed**

There is so much pro-soy propoganda out there produced by the soy industry that you need to dig a little to find the truth. This is NOT a health food!

Thanks for the links...I keep seeing mix reviews on soy..here's the product info on tp site.

True Protein’s Soy Protein Isolate is derived from defatted soybean flakes, but ultimately from non containing genetically modified organisms (non-GMO) soy beans. Soy Protein Isolate is extracted through a process of mixing soybean flakes with water or a mild alkali in a pH range of 8.5. The protein is then processed through precipitation to create a curd, then it is washed and spray-dryed to yield the isolate. This process leaves the end isolate very high in protein, around 90%.

Recently Soy Protein Isolate has been in the media spot light, due to clashing opinions about is qualities and benefits. Through research, we at True Protein feel that Soy Protein Isolate has its place in the fitness arena. Soy Protein Isolate is the only complete protein derived from a non-animal source. This is very important for our vegetarian customers who greatly need a complete protein, but are not willing to use one from an animal source. Our Soy Isolate is also non-GMO, meaning the soybean where never genetically changed or altered, many experts believe non-GMO soy beans make food better tasting, and more nutritious.

Soy Protein Isolate also has many unique characteristics. Studies have shown that a diet including soy products greatly reduces the chance of heart disease. Soy Protein Isolate also contains high levels of isoflavones, which have been found to have anti-estrogenic properties, which are very important to active men and women.

We recommend you mix Soy Protein Isolate within many of your custom mixes. It possesses a fairly bland/earthy taste, is very economical, and makes a custom mixture very well rounded for various benefit reasons. Soy Protein Isolate is fairly thick and mixes easily with a shaker or blender.

Soy is one of the most dangerous foodstuffs you could ever wish to put in your body. It is highly estrogenic and also wreaks havoc on the body in so many other ways.
Take a look at the following websites-

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz

**broken link removed**

There is so much pro-soy propoganda out there produced by the soy industry that you need to dig a little to find the truth. This is NOT a health food!

I was about to post the same thing-- I agree about the Soy propaganda, and will not touch the stuff. Kind of reminds me of all the folks who say all saturated fats and stuff like coconut oil is bad for you----I just spent the last 6 months eating 3-4 tlbspns coconut oil/day and last week my total cholesterol was 139.

I assume, though, there are some Soy lovers on the board :D

What you guys think of Gemma Protein Isolate???

maybe instead of adding in soy..maybe do mixture of

milk isolate protein
whey protein isolate cold filtration
gemma protein isolate

Thanks for the links...I keep seeing mix reviews on soy..here's the product info on tp site.

True Protein’s Soy Protein Isolate is derived from defatted soybean flakes, but ultimately from non containing genetically modified organisms (non-GMO) soy beans. Soy Protein Isolate is extracted through a process of mixing soybean flakes with water or a mild alkali in a pH range of 8.5. The protein is then processed through precipitation to create a curd, then it is washed and spray-dryed to yield the isolate. This process leaves the end isolate very high in protein, around 90%.

Recently Soy Protein Isolate has been in the media spot light, due to clashing opinions about is qualities and benefits. Through research, we at True Protein feel that Soy Protein Isolate has its place in the fitness arena. Soy Protein Isolate is the only complete protein derived from a non-animal source. This is very important for our vegetarian customers who greatly need a complete protein, but are not willing to use one from an animal source. Our Soy Isolate is also non-GMO, meaning the soybean where never genetically changed or altered, many experts believe non-GMO soy beans make food better tasting, and more nutritious.

Soy Protein Isolate also has many unique characteristics. Studies have shown that a diet including soy products greatly reduces the chance of heart disease. Soy Protein Isolate also contains high levels of isoflavones, which have been found to have anti-estrogenic properties, which are very important to active men and women.

We recommend you mix Soy Protein Isolate within many of your custom mixes. It possesses a fairly bland/earthy taste, is very economical, and makes a custom mixture very well rounded for various benefit reasons. Soy Protein Isolate is fairly thick and mixes easily with a shaker or blender.

Just a couple honest questions:

Do your soy products contain ANY phytoestrogens?

What is the difference between the words "phytoestrogen" and "isoflavone"?

Also, from my understanding, soy protein has been shown to NOT promote nitrogen retention. Is that true?

That's some scary-sounding stuff. It's hard to believe that it could be so poisonous and toxic to the human body. I've been a vegetarian for a decade and have lived off of a soy-based diet for about 7 years. Every day I have at least one meal made almost entirely from Textured Vegetable Protein. It's high in protein, low in fat and cholesterol. It seems to do a great job of maintaining body weight and strength.

I'm not saying that the links provided are misleading, but I haven't knowingly had any problems from toxins or excess estrogen. I noticed that the New Zealand site was built by folks who are just really, really concerned about the effects of soy consumption by people world-wide. I also noticed that a ton of the studies listed on the FDA's page are from the 1950's.

Like I said, this information has cast a lot of doubt on soy and I am really interested in the effects on health caused by soy consumption but I have to wonder the same thing that we all do when we hear about the evils of hormone usage... where are the bodies?

Can anyone give me absolute indicators or symptoms that my everyday consumption of soy is hindering my health or growth? I would really like to know so that if I am being held back or harmed by my diet, I can make changes.

Bannock

Has the first statement bolded above been shown to be true for healthy adult males?

As far as the second statement goes, it has been generally accepted that isoflavones are "weak estrogens"; this is the basis of their promoted "anti-estrogenic" properties. This is not true for adult males. In fact, they simply add to the total estrogen load on the male body. An analogy would be that adding some weak poison to a glass of strong poison does not make drinking the cup any less poisonous.

Farmer's Logic is that, since consuming soy protein emeliorates perimenopausal symptoms in women--as frank estrogen does--soy protein is indeed exhibiting estrogenic properties.

BTW, so do flax seeds.

If you guys are interested, Elaine Hollingsworth addresses the dangers of Soy in a very comprehensive manner in her book entitled 'Take Control of Your Health and Escape the Sickness Industry' (9th ed.)(pages 119- 139). While some may laugh at the title of the book and dismiss it as conspiracy theory you will be horrified to find out that every snippet of information in there is fully backed up by references to numerous studies..... and yes there are 'studies' and there are 'studies'. The studies that Hollingsworth refers to are usually not connected through set up or sponsorship to companies that have a vested interest in promoting the sale of certain foods or drugs.

Nearly every single 'study' conducted on soy that is positive was set up or sponsored by the soy bean industry which is a multi-million dollar industry and wields significant power, enough to influence the publics perception of it's product.

Please don't take mine or anybody else's word for it, do your own research and make up your own mind but don't say that you haven't been warned!

Well Damn! I've never used straight soy, but for years I've mixed soy, egg and whey. (For some reason, I can't handle straight whey - it meses up my stomach). Got a 1/2 empty can of soy in my kitchen with my other protein powders. Shit, now I guess I need to dump it. I had always heard that soy is not a "complete" protein, but never knew it was so bad.

Oh well, one more thing that is bad for you. (Is anything NOT?)

Chuck999

NO CONTRIBUTION

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws