Finals places 212lbs Bb

6th Berek Gabor
5th Steve Benthin
4th Pasquale D'angelo
3rd Vlad Chiriac- olympia qualification
2nd Oleg Krivoy - olympia qualification
1st Angel Calderon - olympia qualification

**broken link removed**

Brandao always getting robbed, It's a shame the judges don't prioritize more what he brings to the table.... I get it, the overall size thing but I'd take his shape, symmetry, & muscle bellies over another raw unhealthy looking 20lbs any day of the week.

Brandao always getting robbed, It's a shame the judges don't prioritize more what he brings to the table.... I get it, the overall size thing but I'd take his shape, symmetry, & muscle bellies over another raw unhealthy looking 20lbs any day of the week.

Brandao has a great physique but was only robbed of second place judging by the videos I´ve seen, James Hollingshead also has a terrific body and was the bigger guy. Regan Grimes should have been third.

James looked sick. I don’t think there was a robbery. Maybe 2nd would of been more fair

Im so happy for James. The work he put in this year, was really inspirational. With losing his mom, and later Luke, he showed how to channel that negative energy to accomplish something great.

Please lets stop talking about a robbery. James was peeled and the most conditioned guy there. He was grainy as hell.
From a fullness AND conditioning perspective, James had it in the bag. You can talk about Raf's shape and symmetry all you want, but he is flawed from behind and is narrow. There are guys his height that have him by 20lbs. Still an amazing BBer.

James clear winner here and I am very happy for him, after so much hard work well deserved!!
Brandao imo should be 2nd for sure, amazing physique with no weak points, just need to add more size to be able compete with big guys

Please lets stop talking about a robbery. James was peeled and the most conditioned guy there. He was grainy as hell.
From a fullness AND conditioning perspective, James had it in the bag. You can talk about Raf's shape and symmetry all you want, but he is flawed from behind and is narrow. There are guys his height that have him by 20lbs. Still an amazing BBer.
Narrow? Look at the front lat spread and his width compared to a much bigger James. I have no problem with James winning as this is bodybuilding and he is the denser of the two, I just personally from a "look good" standpoint prefer Raf.

Brandao has a great physique but was only robbed of second place judging by the videos I´ve seen, James Hollingshead also has a terrific body and was the bigger guy. Regan Grimes should have been third.
Agree

Narrow? Look at the front lat spread and his width compared to a much bigger James. I have no problem with James winning as this is bodybuilding and he is the denser of the two, I just personally from a "look good" standpoint prefer Raf.

THIN. Does that work?

I think it depends to what attributes you give more weight too (no pun intended) but agreed Hollinshead was the bigger man and a freak no doubt. I just personally give more weight to what Brandao brings to the table and for what he does well with he does stupid well if you know what i'm saying. Hopefully he can put on a little more size without compromising his other attributes and he will be an undeniable force to be reckoned with in the future.

Brandao stands out in the best possible way. I need to see more vids/pics but from what I did see and not forgetting it's a bodybuilding competition I can't argue with James winning at all. Now 2nd place is where I have an issue and I think Brandao should have been there (by a long way). Lukas and Regan was a toss up but the later never gets in the condition (on stage) he needs to be in so I think Lukas 3rd and him 4th. I can understand why many are unhappy with the judging as Regan has a much "prettier" physique than Lukas. Regan wins from the back and Lukas from the front and he was a bit sharper overall so I would give it to him as well.

i was the same boat about thinking Brandao should have got second but after listening to this podcast and re-examining more critically, i think they got the placings 100% right.

Brandao is phenomenal

Still congrats to Hollingshead, very deserving. Seems like a great guy, as well.

Two guys, one bigger, one more shapely, but equally conditioned: who wins? Usually the bigger guy. But when the bigger guy is more conditioned? He always wins, no matter how ugly his physique, and no matter how pretty the competitor. Personally, I disagree. Some say, "well, it's a muscle contest, so the most amount of the most shredded muscle should win." And while that makes sense, I think bodybuilding is supposed to be more a physique contest than it is a strictly muscle contest. If one guy just looks better, he should win. Period.

Now - don't take this as a commentary on the show in question. I haven't seen enough pics to know what these guys looked like. This is more a commentary on the discussion of the thread so far.

I dont really see where the controversy lies...

One pose but I think it's pretty telling...

Attachments

• 20201014_060130.jpg
    20201014_060130.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 27

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member