advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Starting keto, what are some good foods that are high in fat??

hghanadrol1

Registered
Need some help with the keto diet...I need to find out some good foods that are high in fat and very low in carbs or none at all....

Any suggestions?

Peanut butter, almond butter, nuts of all kinds, olive oil, coconut oil, walnut oil, half and half, whipping cream, fish oil, borage oil, evenining primrose oil, the meats listed above. That should get your grocery list started.

Dude the Protein Source will not as well be your fat source. Your Fats should come from Nuts, Natty P Butter (No Sugar kind),Mac Nut Oil (my fave),EVOO, and Fish Oil to name a few. Looks as though you should do some more research before starting a Keto Diet. Palumbos is the BEST

My favorite fat sources

+salmon
+EVOO on my veggies
+Mac nut or Natty PB in my shake whipped in the magic bullet
+Sometimes, when I'm broke, i'll have to eat a few boneless chicken thigh meals... which aren't ideal fat sources, but I don't make a ton of money
+all nuts, but read the label and be sure to read them. I love walnuts, but they're much higher in fat than almonds (i think)

When on the keto diet, I really make an effort to avoid dairy and get my fats as clean and as useful as possible. Health is my first concern for most of the foods I eat nowadays.

Costco is your friend,
Walnuts, flax seeds, almonds, salmon, eggs, turkey, steak, beef, cheese, skippy natural peanut butter, soynut butter
all in bulk are great.
Broccoli and lettuce work ok for low carb veggies

if you really miss pastas or crave something like that you can get Shirataki Tofu Noodles at Whole foods, makes great filler for some ground turkey or beef, etc.. like $1.50/bag
Additional Images - Viva Low Carb Superstore
only 1 net carb for half a bag of noodles, ignore the smell on opening, rinse and boil for 3-4 minutes and it goes away.

If you absolutetly need a real pasta day, again whole foods has a pasta sauce with 3 net carbs for 1/2 cup called Monte Bene. Most alfredo sauces are 3 carbs for 1/4 cup if you need that route.

That same website above, vivalowcarb.com has breads and pizza crusts that are 3 or less net carbs per if you still crave that kind of thing.

samisbakery.com taste's even better than the health express stuff to me and less carbs if you can spring the extra money for it, shipping is pretty hefty for me.

If you really miss your starbucks, get the cafe americano, (its just an espresso shot in a cup with more water poured on it.
Splenda makes no carb flavored coffee powders, da vinci sugar free syrups work ok, if you need the latte creamy feel, land o lakes makes single serving half and half mini moos that have 0 carbs.

Keep in mind too that aspartme and other sugar alcohol, sugar free type things should be used in very little moderation.

I like mexican food, but taco/fajita seasoning have too many carbs for keto, i found using chili powder instead and dumping 2 tbsp of Pace Picante (2 carbs) on it with some of those noodles and an ounce of cheddar works great!

If you need butter on things, i like to go with Smart Balance, they use a lot of flax and omegas to make their spread and it taste pretty close to real butter.

I like to keep my fat sources pretty clean to keep my cholesterol balanced. You can just eat pork bacon, steaks, and mcdonalds burger patty's all day if you want, but you will probably have some issues.

Don't forget your fish oils and vitimins multiple times throughout the day

Last edited:
Need some help with the keto diet...I need to find out some good foods that are high in fat and very low in carbs or none at all....

Any suggestions?
Get you some True Protein Whey (zero carbs) and add in EVOO.

I love Almond Butter... I also love Turkey Bacon...

Whole Eggs and Egg Whites are your friend... I like Bison when I need a little less fat as compared to Beef.

Sardines are a gret add to a diet. I buy the skinless and boneless in Water and the skinless and boneless on olive oil sardines. Great snack, great source of good fats, great source of protein. I also like to eat them with horseradish mustard... no additional calories.

But everything else has pretty much been listed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131