advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Staying Humble as the cars, houses, watches and girls get nicer and nicer?

Try volunteering your time to help people in need. Kids, the homeless, the sick, the disabled, etc. A lot of people have it really rough and it'll help you gain perspective.

If things are how you decide if a person is doing well in life then that is what you value. If how someone lives their life is what you judge people by then that is what you define as doing well.

For me ....I have to be honest ...I like having an expensive watch, car...etc...you have to realize it's just money it does not make you better than someone else by understanding this you will be humble...

Sorry have to add...I have the same girl/wife ...stuck by me when I was making pennies...now I have a dollar ....good luck and enjoy life!

Who cares? Just enjoy your life. Why does having nice possessions have to mean acting like a douchbag towards other people? Live your life and just let them be. If you have all this great stuff what benefit is there in trying to brag to or belittle others who don't? Just enjoy your achievements and that's it. Fuck everyone else.

reality

confidence is that cocky feeling before we get the rug ripped out from underneath us and our life is screwed.

I agree it's upbringing...I remember when I was a kid, I was a high level athlete and I was in a hockey game and the game was done, countdown to the end and I stole a puck and had an empty net and I showboated the fuck outta the moment and showed up the kid I stole the puck from. My dad tore me a new one, and he said the old sports sayin' act like you've been there before. He kept me out of the next game, I never did that again...and I won't show up anybody now. Your success stands up whether you match it against someone else or not so why try to bring somebody else down with it...in the grand scheme, its money, you didn't solve cancer, you got a few bucks, a few toys, a hot girl...somewhere somebody has better everything, you'll never win that game so enjoy what you have and find a way to give back...I second the volunteer thing if you feel like you're losing balance. I'm not a warm and fuzzy people guy but I love dogs, I volunteer at a shelter, nothing you can buy replaces the feeling you get in making a difference to someone or something.

Another thing, there is always someone that is going to be richer, smarter, better looking, and generally more successful than you. I believe also that people treat you the way that you treat others, the golden rule.

Being humble means recognizing that we are not on earth to see how important we can become, but to see how much difference we can make in the lives of others.

I just want to be humble at all times.
- Mike Tyson

I'm just happy I have a big dick, common sense and brains to boot. Those three things combined should take a person far if utilized correctly.

confidence is that cocky feeling before we get the rug ripped out from underneath us and our life is screwed.

Good post hillbilly...I had my own business at one time and worked extremely hard to build it and I was known for quality work. The schedule was grueling and the mental stress was tough but little by little I started to make some decent money. I eventually had almost enough to buy a house in cash...nothing crazy just a nice little ranch for me and my daughter.

I was quite proud of myself at the time and was living pretty good. And then the rug got yanked right out from under me and brought me back to reality. Pride definitely goes before the fall...now if I feel that inner pride start to swell up inside me I beat that shit down with a bat lol...pride and ego are the root of all bad things in a human being.

Good that you're doing well!
I'd say, be the lesson, man. Let your life and actions speak for you. Here's why:

It requires patience. Humility is like a detonator set for later..Let THEM brag, congratulate then honestly and mean it. They work hard too. Let the chips fall when they figure out the order of things and how well you're doing...

Being awesome and humble gets respect from people with class and position. Their respect is better than the momentary gratification of winning a dick measuring contest with, "some dude' you've already beaten.

pride and ego are the root of all bad things in a human being.

Pretty deep, KL. Some wisdom there and I agree.

Lately as I approach 33 years of age I look back and I am grateful that I worked hard and despite not having a college degree I am doing pretty well in life financially compared to people I grew up with who went to college but all they have today after the fancy degrees are lots of student loans to show for it and jobs that dont even pay remotely close to mine. Not on purpose but sometimes I find it hard not to brag when I meet these old friends from back in the day. I realized I definitely DO NOT like doing that. I noticed on this forum there are very successful people who are extremely well off but are very humble. How do you keep yourself that way? I dont want to be that guy who I used to hate who had a fancy car, nice house, nice watch, trophy girlfriend but was full of himself.

It's upbringing and perspective. First and foremost unless you have George Soros control and "fuck you" money...there are people that have way more than you. Don't lose sight of that.

Secondly it's ok to enjoy your money and live. Are yo being a cocky douche rocket or just enjoying your money and not being ashamed of it? They latter is totally ok! You earned it enjoy it. If it's the former....well...you're being a douche. Don't be a douche.

And finally Mike Tyson. He had $300,000,000 and then was over $50,000,000 in debt. Nobody is bullet proof. Things can change, you luck can turn, shit happens.

Because....when you have to tell people you are....you aint

Because....when you have to tell people you are....you aint

Exactly. I guess some people are like that though and have to broadcast it. Ive had people act like I am rich and it just feels weird to me. I really don't like it. For the most part it just embarrasses me. I am not rich anyhow. Guess it is in the eye of the beholder.

Most people that I know that have nice things don't really own them the bank does and they have a high debt load. But the illusion works for them.

Rich, poor, or anything in between, live your life at its fullest. Last I check, there were no pockets in a coffin to take your money with you.

I know people that have nothing more than I do, but they act like snobs and shoots. I also know people that are richer than shit, but you would never know it.

It's all in your attitude, and your outlook on life.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131