over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Still FLAT, did I do something wrong?

ironserenity

Registered
After a week of ketosis, I have been carbing up for what has now been 2.5 days... I'm a little fuller looking. But I really feel like I still am totally down on strength and fullness. I look damn flat. My weight barely moved and I'm just confused. I thought I had timed my carbs pretty damn good and did a full glycogen depletion workout before. Could it just be that my body is different and is taking longer?
Just seem kinda strange to me that it is taking this long to reload properly... Is this normal circumstances for some people?

You could be... What helped me is to carb up with a little junk food, I felt fuller after having a couple of candy bars or something along with tons of low tp medium glycemic carbs. I have known some people to have to take in 800-1000 grams of carbs per day. I think im somewhere around 5-600 per day, for two days.

After a week of ketosis, I have been carbing up for what has now been 2.5 days... I'm a little fuller looking. But I really feel like I still am totally down on strength and fullness. I look damn flat. My weight barely moved and I'm just confused. I thought I had timed my carbs pretty damn good and did a full glycogen depletion workout before. Could it just be that my body is different and is taking longer?
Just seem kinda strange to me that it is taking this long to reload properly... Is this normal circumstances for some people?
It depends on what you call carb up. When I deplete I usually deplete for two days and load for two days. During the loading phase you do not train. This allows the carbs to be stored as glycogen in the muscle. after the two days you go and train, it will be then you should notice a significant difference in your appearance. Also while loading you need to take in larger then usual amounts of water or the loading will not work. This is the old school way of doing this. Now What I prefer to do is just take in enough carbs on a daily basis to fulfill glycogen replenishment and that's it. then about once a week hit out and eat some serious carbs. The next day i will have gained a full 2kgs (4.4lbs) and look noticably bigger and strength is through the roof.

IRON- like old fella was saying, don't forget the water, and salt also. if you don't have those 2 items in your system it could be keeping you flat.

Ok... It also feels like I maybe suffering from the beginning of some kind of lil stomach bug. I have no appetite and feel sorta puky... so it is making it hard tofully carb up. I generally require between 6-700 carbs a day plus a lil; cardio to give em somethin to do. I will be sure to get a full 2 gallons of water in. Yea, it was strange because I was so full two weeks ago, but felt kinda big around the middle, so i dieted for a while, lost the waist, but now can't get full again!!! Thanks for input, Ill keep ya posted!

You won't want to hear this but, when I carb load it is usually boiled sweet potatoes and boiled regular potatoes. I eat them every hour on the hour, hungry or not!!!! And then pound down the water. This is contest carb loading mind you.

2 things...

it took me a good three days of non stop grazing after my last show (in which i ran keto for 12 weeks- the last 4 with no re-feed) to fill out. the whole 60 grams of carb 6 times a day wasnt nearly enough for me.

secondly, you don't need a glycogen depleting workout on a ketogenic diet.

BFU

I highlighted the problems with the thread, IMO. I've been running keto diets for years. IMO 7 days is a phase not hardly a diet that would cause the body to super compensate. just my .02

I highlighted the problems with the thread, IMO. I've been running keto diets for years. IMO 7 days is a phase not hardly a diet that would cause the body to super compensate. just my .02

Well I let myself go into full ketosis the last week. I have been under 150 carbs for the 3 weeks prior to that. I was simply looking to see if I rebound and refill really well. It seems to be coming back a bit tonight though, feeling better, and drinking more water... Nonetheless, I'm still flat, so whatever I did, I did enough to flatten out... Now If I could just get back....

Last edited:
What else are you taking? A full picture is needed.

??? confused.... but I've been off everything for 6 months. Just creatine right now honestly, and some fenugreek and things of that nature. As I stated in my pic thread, I won't be getting some decent full body shots til mid-late january...

Hey bro I have been doing a Duchaine/Palumbo ketosis diet for years and I will try to give you some things that help me.

Oldfella talked about a depletion workout before your loard. This is critical! But just before you do your depletion workout you want to pull yourself out of ketosis by eating a apple or bannana or something. This allows the body to stop burning fats while is ketosis and moves the body to burn the last reamining glycogen out of the body. That is the only true way to supercompensate the body. And it needs to be a full body workout. The more you deplete the more you will compensate.

Secondly I take in about 6 liquid meals every two hours that consists of waxy maize and hydro Whey. One other note that may help tremendously is to take 15 ius of insulin right after the depletion workout when you take your first shake.

You also need to stay away from the weights and cardio when you supercompensate. Doing that just removes the glycogen that would have been used to feel the muscles. Its only 3 to 4 days without so dont trip. And your insulin sensitivity will be through the roof for the first 48 hrs and after that it will slowly decline.

So this is what I do. After the 48 hour mark I start taking more complex carbs and begin to use a glucose disposal agent. If you have metformin use that but other things could be: vanadyl sulfate, chromium, cinamin, r-ala, or ala. This helps me to insure that the excess carbs are not going into the fat cells.

It is hit and miss as far as the kind and amount of carbs you use. But you know your body best. It takes me almost 1200grms of carbs the first 2 days and then I cut back to 800grm on day 2 and three. I come in leaner, harder, and fuller when I finally hit the weights again. The pumps are insane and the strength you gain is unbelievable!

Everyones body is different for sure and that's why the best thing to do in this situation is talk to someone who has already done this type of thing, look at your pictures, and tell you exactly what you need to do for your proportions. There's alot of other factors here besides just saying how long you've been in ketosis and whether or not you "feel" full.

It sounds like you did get a little fuller, according to the post above, but then you say you look flat. Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you and you really are a little fuller, but the mirror isn't showing you the fullness you're used to. You really should either post up some before and after pics here or hire someone who can help you who has already been there in terms of ketogenic type diets.

Everyones body is different for sure and that's why the best thing to do in this situation is talk to someone who has already done this type of thing, look at your pictures, and tell you exactly what you need to do for your proportions. There's alot of other factors here besides just saying how long you've been in ketosis and whether or not you "feel" full.

It sounds like you did get a little fuller, according to the post above, but then you say you look flat. Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you and you really are a little fuller, but the mirror isn't showing you the fullness you're used to. You really should either post up some before and after pics here or hire someone who can help you who has already been there in terms of ketogenic type diets.

Agreed.... Thought I would post an update though. I swtiched to a more complex carb blend yesterday and about 2 gallons of water versus 1.3-5 and my strength was through the roof! Got my barbell rows up to 315 for 8 reps today, which felt great. The pump was tremendous. Thank you all. I think i just wasnt eating enough carbs, plain and simple. You guys rock.
BTW- I know my mind was playing tricks on me too, it always does to al of us. THANKS!

2 things...

it took me a good three days of non stop grazing after my last show (in which i ran keto for 12 weeks- the last 4 with no re-feed) to fill out. the whole 60 grams of carb 6 times a day wasnt nearly enough for me.

BFU

yes u need a depleting workout if u want to be totally depleted

and for a carb refill 360 grams/day sounds a bit "light , depending how much u weigh of course ...

and for a carb refill 360 grams/day sounds a bit "light , depending how much u weigh of course ...
Mike is correct.....360gms/day.........that should go down as one meal if you are loading. Over 1000gms/day is usually required to fill up. And yes this is dependant on Body weight. But if you are truly depleted then hypercompensation will not occur without hyperloading of complex carbs.

Mike is correct.....360gms/day.........that should go down as one meal if you are loading. Over 1000gms/day is usually required to fill up. And yes this is dependant on Body weight. But if you are truly depleted then hypercompensation will not occur without hyperloading of complex carbs.

yeah bro ... how can supercompensation occurs if there is no depletion !!!

yeah bro ... how can supercompensation occurs if there is no depletion !!!
100% correct. Most peeps do not fully understand what total depletion is. You must deplete 100% for any kind of loading to really work. This means total body workouts for two to three days with NO carbs being ingested. 0 Carb intake!! You compensate with protein simply to spare muscle. Not many can really do this and those of us that have know what it feels like!!! Not nice at all.

These depleteing phase workouts are not meant or designed to be productive other than burning all residual glycogen from the muscle itself. You will not be lifting heavy, you won't be able to. You will feel like death warmed over all the way through, especially the second day!!! This is what it should be like.

i'll let you guys debate this with palumbo then.

his words, not mine, and seeing how he seems to be the most responsible for the resurgence of this diet methodology, i'm not going to argue.

:)

BFU

2 things...

BFU
Actually you still do. Through the process of glyconeogenisis your body will produce glycogen from protein. it will then feed this glycogen into the muscle for use as energy. So to completely deplete glycogen from the muscle you then need some type of workout to deplete. Now with keto diets glyconeogenisis is occurring all the time. So to truely deplete may not be possible, this is why carb refeeding takes longer for those in traditional keto diets. It takes some sugars to shut down ketosis and your body will take a couple of days to start the carb up process once carb loading starts from there. And it is not arguing, it is debating!!:D But if not on a keto diet then carb depleteing and carb loading is relativly simple to achieve. Keto diet tends to complicate the process a little but it is still doable.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws