over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

testing for gear .. military

UPgrade

Newbies
so i've been waiting to get back in the military for a few months - i'm a navy vet and now joining the army. anyway i spent a lot of time researching whether or not MEPS (military entrance processing station) tested for steroids. i guess i just wanted to put a true story behind most of what i read online so thats why i'm making this thread. most forums will have a number of people saying that the military does not test for juice and that usually only happens once you get to your command and your CO (commanding officer) specifically requests that you take one; because someone dimed you out or you know, you put on 25 pounds of muscle this month. but all the forums i could find with this info was dated back a few years.

i have to say - that info still has to be true. i was waiting for months to get up to MEPS so i figured i'd run a cycle after reading so many forums and actually finding a few instructions that stated certain commands did not test for this. i was about 9 weeks in when i got called to show up for the medical test. i can't lie i was nervous as all fuck - i was running a masteron/test prop/tren ace mixture 75mg of each of the three compounds - every other day, arimidex, dbol (obviously wasn't running this in week 9 still), and hcg 150 a day - every other week.

... and i passed my entire medical screening.

i suppose running gear is always a risk when you have to take these screenings - and perhaps i just got lucky - but i passed. i've heard its just too expensive to run steroid tests on every single person - so they only really test for narcotics. i did find that all the steroid tests have to be sent off to some olympic testing site in cali so maybe there's some truth to that - anyway just thought i'd share.

so i've been waiting to get back in the military for a few months - i'm a navy vet and now joining the army. anyway i spent a lot of time researching whether or not MEPS (military entrance processing station) tested for steroids. i guess i just wanted to put a true story behind most of what i read online so thats why i'm making this thread. most forums will have a number of people saying that the military does not test for juice and that usually only happens once you get to your command and your CO (commanding officer) specifically requests that you take one; because someone dimed you out or you know, you put on 25 pounds of muscle this month. but all the forums i could find with this info was dated back a few years.

i have to say - that info still has to be true. i was waiting for months to get up to MEPS so i figured i'd run a cycle after reading so many forums and actually finding a few instructions that stated certain commands did not test for this. i was about 9 weeks in when i got called to show up for the medical test. i can't lie i was nervous as all fuck - i was running a masteron/test prop/tren ace mixture 75mg of each of the three compounds - every other day, arimidex, dbol (obviously wasn't running this in week 9 still), and hcg 150 a day - every other week.

... and i passed my entire medical screening.

i suppose running gear is always a risk when you have to take these screenings - and perhaps i just got lucky - but i passed. i've heard its just too expensive to run steroid tests on every single person - so they only really test for narcotics. i did find that all the steroid tests have to be sent off to some Olympic testing site in cali so maybe there's some truth to that - anyway just thought i'd share.

Absolutely right when yo said it would be so expensive to test all military personnel , and let's face it ,doctors have no proof that gear alters behavior, or hinders judgment, everything they got is anecdotal evidence, and no solid studies. By the way bro, thanks a lot for serving this great country, I feel very proud of every service man and woman that has made this nation what it is. May God bless you and keep you safe.Minister.

thanks i appreciate that ... i should be back to MEPS within the next few weeks to sign my contract and hoping to ship off to basic asap ... hopefully before 2011's summer end.

and yeah the price would be nuts. literally hundreds of military candidates go through each MEPS station every week. i dont know how many of these stations there are around The States but i'd venture to say that there's at least 100. and then a couple hundred thousand service members serving active and in the reserves. way too expensive to run an already expensive individual test on everyone.

really ... Uncle Sam should issue us gear. aha!

The military only test for rec drugs regardless if you are going through meps or a perminent station...now like you said if you gain X amount of weight in a short peroid of time and the military has probable cause than yes they can test you. In my 20 yrs of service I have known about 4 cases of this so you just need to watch it and yes you will get a dishonorable discharge if caught. Good luck and stay safe. :)

You should be good to go, just keep your business to yourself.

I've been in for 5 years now, and am of the Airborne Infantry persuasion. I can tell you that gear use is more common than you would think. I mean hell, with all the rigorous pounding that our bodies go through, you almost need it to stay ahead of the game.

I've heard of some guys go down for it. It was one of those things of "loose lips sink ships". Their biggest concern is more about the distribution/careless use of the stuff. If that becomes the case then you'll definitely get busted. Just try and stay away from any gross gains in short periods of time. You know the typical things that will bring attention onto yourself. One thing that will benefit you is the fact taht you have been using prior to getting in. So, being bigger and more muscular than the rest will be something they just assume that you are from the very beginning.

I hope that gives you a good idea of what's going on. They say they will test, but yeah like everyone has said it's command driven. And also if you start hearing the UCLA testing facility and your name pop up that's when you know you have issues.

-Huge

MEPS does not test for AAS. It's just a 5 panel piss test.

The military only test for rec drugs regardless if you are going through meps or a perminent station...now like you said if you gain X amount of weight in a short peroid of time and the military has probable cause than yes they can test you. In my 20 yrs of service I have known about 4 cases of this so you just need to watch it and yes you will get a dishonorable discharge if caught. Good luck and stay safe. :)

It also depends on your rank and if you have been in previous trouble to decide if they discharge you. It should be automaatic though for E-5 and above.

Been in for over 20. Don't do anything to make a commander have to test you, such as getting in fights, and keep your business personal and you will not be tested.

When I was on ship and went overseas, magically EVERYBODY put on 10-20lbs of muscle for the rest of the deployment after our first port...
No one said shit.

I was instructed by my SS (recruiter) in 1998 to show up to MEPS without creatine in my system. He informed me that creatine (at the time, I'm not sure about today) was one of the active ingredients used in "cover up" supplements.

Good luck and thank you for your service!

They dont test at meps. You wont be chaptered if your caught. It wast(in my unit) looked at like a rec. drug. We were tested every fri.. The two that were caught(one caught twice) were given 30/30. No talk of discharge. It takes multiple occurrence to be chaptered. You will get caught during health & welfare searches, not a UA. They know your trying to better yourself & take that into consideration. Unless your CSM is a total asshole. They prefer the Infantry to be large & in charge.

really ... Uncle Sam should issue us gear. aha!

I agree!! While I was still in, I ran light amounts so that my gains in size weren't too obvious. For three years I did it and never got tested. It helped me do my job more efficiently and probably saved my life a few times.

Like someone posted above, unless you are getting into all kinds of fights or there is some kind of hard proof that your on, your not getting tested. I was in the Navy 4 years as a FMF Corpsman and was stationed at Camp Lejuene. I met a guy there that got me into the world of bodybuilding. I ran my first cylce with him and it was Test E at 500mg/week and Tren A 100mg EOD. I got big and mean. Well my CO said he wanted me tested. The fuckin idiots had me piss in a cup and told me they tested me and was there anything i should tell them. I said, hell no, im not on shit. They really thought I was dumb enough to believe they tested for juice through a piss test!!!! anyways, moral of story is, the military is NOT gonna test you for juice unless you give them a DAMN good reason to do so. so MEPS should be no worries at all.

yea man. im with the former corpsman. it really depends on your chain of command and the type of work you do, i think. In my neck of the woods im just starting out, but the use of gear is more normal than not in my unit. commander really doesnt care as long as you dont give him a reason to.

You dont have anything to worry about. I am active duty in the infantry and people joke sometimes claiming that Im juicing, but noone really cares what i do. Once they think you are seeling that shit or getting it for other that its a different story or if you are raging all over the place. The tests are expensive and the military is really only concerend about narcotics

You should be good to go, just keep your business to yourself.

I've been in for 5 years now, and am of the Airborne Infantry persuasion. I can tell you that gear use is more common than you would think. I mean hell, with all the rigorous pounding that our bodies go through, you almost need it to stay ahead of the game.

I've heard of some guys go down for it. It was one of those things of "loose lips sink ships". Their biggest concern is more about the distribution/careless use of the stuff. If that becomes the case then you'll definitely get busted. Just try and stay away from any gross gains in short periods of time. You know the typical things that will bring attention onto yourself. One thing that will benefit you is the fact taht you have been using prior to getting in. So, being bigger and more muscular than the rest will be something they just assume that you are from the very beginning.

I hope that gives you a good idea of what's going on. They say they will test, but yeah like everyone has said it's command driven. And also if you start hearing the UCLA testing facility and your name pop up that's when you know you have issues.

-Huge

I agree with the above post. Also, the environment at your chain of command plays a big part. Policies can change on a local level with upper level personnel changes. (Commanding officer ect) Keeping a low profile and not hanging out with fuck ups is a good idea also.

There's a great article about this which I found on elitefitness. It's a bit long but well worth the read.

"New statistics show that steroids are on the rise in the military - especially among the army and marines. And with no end in sight for the Middle East conflict, lots of military are using steroids to get bigger and stronger just so they can survive this brutal war."

"Since 2001, the war in the Middle East has claimed thousands of soldiers’ lives. Unfortunately, with no end in sight for this war, the Middle East conflict will continue to claim lives as our soldiers fight in unfamiliar territory.
This being the case, I’m all for any advantage that soldiers can use to keep themselves alive - even when it comes to the army and marines using steroids. After all, being bigger, faster and stronger keeps soldiers alive, so why not let the military use steroids to increase their chances of surviving this brutal war?"

"Of course, not everyone shares my view that soldiers should be able to use steroids to get stronger including many army leaders. This story was revealed in a recent article I read in the Seattle Times, which has been circulating throughout other major media outlets too. In fact, the article even pointed out how the army is wasting time and money trying to root our members of the army and marines who are using steroids."

A Growing Trend
"The Seattle Times story I read began by document a case where military soldiers from the 4th Army Battalion, 23rd Infantry were being investigated for illegal steroid use. Apparently, a Seattle detective talked to a solider who narced out the 4th Battalion for using steroids. The detective contacted the Army Criminal Investigative Command so they could follow up on the tip.
The investigators uncovered that several military soldiers in the 4th Battalion were using steroids on a regular basis. The leader of this Army battalion - Lt. Col. Burton Shields - didn’t quite believe his men were using roids, and instead suggested that they took dietary supplements with steroids in them. However, this notion was quickly disbanded when 12 military soldiers in the battalion admitted to using steroids (one was an army captain, one was a lieutenant and one was a first sergeant)."

"What’s shocking is that the military soldiers told investigators they believed over half of the 700 soldiers in the 4th Battalion had used steroids at some point. This is quite a contrast from a 2009 Defense Department study that said only 2.5% of military soldiers were using steroids, which is still a jump from 2006 when 1.5% of military soldiers were juicing."

"All in all, it looks like steroid usage is on the rise in the Army... and for good reason."

A Matter of Life or Death
"Out of the 12 military soldiers that were busted for using steroids, most of them said they used anabolics to prepare for combat tours and increase their chance of surviving on these tours. So is this really such a bad thing when you’re lugging around huge backpacks full of equipment and hiking for miles all while people are trying to kill you?"

"Apparently so according to the Army after they forced the captain to pay forfeiture and remain in his quarters for 30 days. In addition to this, the captain, lieutenant and first sergeant were all kept from going on a campaign in Afghanistan; the other military soldiers were subjected to undisclosed punishments not documented in the Seattle Times article."

"Perhaps these punishments are a bit stiff considering many of the missions “require long foot patrols through villages, farm fields and hill country, where loads carried by individual military soldiers could weigh more than 90 pounds,” as referred to by the article."

"One soldier who was hassled by Army investigators about his steroid usage said, “I wanted to get stronger. I knew we were deploying. We had this road march through the woods, and I almost fell out, and they had to take my weapon ... I wanted to make sure that didn't happen over there.”
Another solider who was interviewed by the Seattle Times told the paper that several military soldiers in his battalion were juicing, and he would’ve used anabolics too, but he forgot his steroids back home. However, he began using them again when he got back and said, “While I was doing them, I doubled in size.” When asked if he regretted taking steroids, the solider said, “There is a broad spectrum of things that could kill you in a war zone. You need to be aggressive and quick. I would do them again in a heartbeat.”
Seeing as how most military soldiers feel roids are quite useful, it’s no surprise that people are turning a blind eye to Army steroid usage."

No Secret
"As the Seattle Times story pointed out, steroid use during the Middle East wars isn’t much of a secret to those stationed overseas. In fact, one solider named Seth Manzel, who served in Iraq, told the paper, “No one really hid this. I walked into a squad leader's room one time, and he was with another soldier who had his pants down around his ankle. He had a needle and was injecting that soldier.”

"Manzel went on to add, “If a captain sees his soldiers getting stronger at a quicker rate, that's not necessarily a bad thing.” He also documented how several people in his platoon bought steroids from American contractors and used needles from medics to inject their anabolics."

"Even military soldiers who wanted to keep their steroid usage hidden had little trouble doing so. One person had the steroids sent to him through the mail in lotion packets. So with both open and disclosed steroid usage going on in the Army, will the federal government waste money by doing more steroid tests? Let’s take a look..."

Money Saved
"While many military soldiers and even some of their superiors don’t see a big problem with using steroids to pack on muscle for campaigns, others aren’t so understanding. Army Vice Chief of Staff Peter Chiarelli told the Seattle Times, “The use of steroids is a short-term gain for long-term problems that individuals are going to have, and we cannot tolerate them in any way, shape or form."

"Fortunately, the tough stance by Chiarelli and others on steroids hasn’t resulted in much actual steroid testing. Chiarelli said that only 300 military soldiers have been tested for steroids since 2008, which pales in comparison to the 450,000 soldiers who’ve been tested for cocaine, marijuana and heroin.
At a time when many high schools and colleges are revamping their efforts to catch a few juicers here or there, I’m thankful that the military isn’t worried about steroid testing. It’s an obvious waste of money as evidenced by the costs ($240 to $365) associated with testing for anabolic steroids. On the other hand, testing for other drugs can be as low as $8, which isn’t going to rack up nearly as large of a bill."

Is Army Steroid Usage Really an Issue?
"I thoroughly enjoyed reading the Seattle Times article, and I’m glad that it didn’t take the opportunity to bash steroids with all sorts of non-educated quips and myths used by other writers. However, I’m still thinking about one thing: should juicing in the Army really be made into a big deal?"

"I think there’s bigger issues at hand regarding the Army such as when our troops will be home. After all, the Middle East conflict has been going on for over 9 years now and if we wait much longer, it will be as long and drawn out as Vietnam."

"Furthermore, it just doesn’t make sense for military soldiers to be barred from using steroids when they’re in a career where their life is at stake. Honestly, if a soldier can make it from Point A to Point B two seconds faster because of steroid use, this could be the difference between living and dying."

"We’re taking something that’s been demonized in society because athletes can get an edge, and trying to deny military soldiers the freedom to juice. All I can say is that I hope steroid use in the Army and Marines doesn’t blow up into a bigger issue than where it’s at now."

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws