over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tom Prince

AWN2004

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I happen to stumble on this pic and it was really impressive to me. I believe this was in 2000-02. Seeing Tom at over 300 pounds is one of things in bodybuilding that stands out. There are only a couple I can think of that really have left a mark and that is one of them. I know he had some health issues and people like to talk about some of the negative things about the guy, but the bottom line is he was a great bodybuilder for the short time he competed. If anyone else has some pics....put em up.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 2,519
there are some pics of tom now over at muscle mayhem. very sad to see him know afterall his health problems. He was a true freak. No doubt about that. Pics speak for themselves.

yep thats one of them. Damn he looks almost like a whole different person. Damn same what happened to him medically. had the best quads and hammys in the biz bar none. ( well besides ronnie in his prime)

Wow!!

yep thats one of them. Damn he looks almost like a whole different person. Damn same what happened to him medically. had the best quads and hammys in the biz bar none. ( well besides ronnie in his prime)
He looks like 1/3 of his former self ... I can't imagine how hard it is for him to see pics of himself in his prime.

WOW

That's really too bad, I met him at the N.O.C. in NYC and he was standing right next to me and I said " So Tom , what are you weighing these days?" and he said around 300, and he was only my height, 5"9" :eek:

Holy shit! What kind of illness does he have?

Big time kidney problems. The diets you have to go on when you run into these kinds of problems are so catabolic. Very little protein coupled with way lower calories. I remember seeing Tom post on Mayhem years ago about what he ate typically on an off season day. He was very honest about it and it was a ton of food. Almost every meal he ate out too. I remember his last meal of the day was from Jack in the Box and it was three chicken pitas, two pieces of cheese cake, a large diet coke, and something else I cant recall. Everyone was giving him shit for the diet coke...haha. That was one of the cool things about the guy, he was pretty honest and didnt beat around the bush about most stuff. Some of things he posted on certain topics are second to none. I saved a couple. He outlined his whole last couple of days prior to a show complete with all the meals he ate and diuretic usage and doses. The guy knows his stuff but I know he rarely preps guys anymore.

Diet was the last thing that got TP's kidneys unless it was super high sodium. By his own admission he was on tons of ibuprofen (8-10 tabs 3-4 times a day) for joint pain (search on **broken link removed** ) for kidney damage and ibuprofen.

But... the same things that kill a kidney in an aging person do in a bb'er, high BP, dehydration, thickened blood from androgen use, he was known as a big user of ECA, and clen also (people say)-nubaine, and high doses of AAS and he did use GH.
Plus as mentioned by AWN2004 above the extreme dehydration and water restrictions from contest prep and diuretics murders the kidneys.

But HIGH PROTEIN diets in themselves don't damage kidneys.

Add all that stuff up and you get kidney failure by the age of 35.

While I don't feel TP was "ALL DRUGS" they did play a part in his physique he never really discussed doses but did mention he gradually went higher and higher as he progessed in his career. He did mention he was on 600 mg Deca and 400 mg Test for the Ironman after his kidneys went down and he had to stop. And that he took GH but it was well after he won his pro card.

As far as TP's condition today he's on 100 grams of protein and dialysis and in kideny failure and not training.

People with no kidneys are very sick and in constant catabolism with mineral and water balances coupled with high levels of creatine and other waste products it's no wonder he is very very small.

Diet was the last thing that got TP's kidneys unless it was super high sodium. By his own admission he was on tons of ibuprofen (8-10 tabs 3-4 times a day) for joint pain (search on **broken link removed** ) for kidney damage and ibuprofen.

But... the same things that kill a kidney in an aging person do in a bb'er, high BP, dehydration, thickened blood from androgen use, he was known as a big user of ECA, and clen also (people say)-nubaine, and high doses of AAS and he did use GH.
Plus as mentioned by AWN2004 above the extreme dehydration and water restrictions from contest prep and diuretics murders the kidneys.

But HIGH PROTEIN diets in themselves don't damage kidneys.

Add all that stuff up and you get kidney failure by the age of 35.

While I don't feel TP was "ALL DRUGS" they did play a part in his physique he never really discussed doses but did mention he gradually went higher and higher as he progessed in his career. He did mention he was on 600 mg Deca and 400 mg Test for the Ironman after his kidneys went down and he had to stop. And that he took GH but it was well after he won his pro card.

As far as TP's condition today he's on 100 grams of protein and dialysis and in kideny failure and not training.

People with no kidneys are very sick and in constant catabolism with mineral and water balances coupled with high levels of creatine and other waste products it's no wonder he is very very small.

Thats what I was kinda getting at. His diet NOW is the reason for being down in size compared how most look post bodybuilding career. Tom was a wreck towards the end of his career from all the injuries and surgeries he had. G is right about all the OTC pain meds and extreme use of stimulants. I can't imagine what his blood pressure may have been at times. That is the silent killer right there. Your liver can take a beating for a while and bounce back, but damage your kidneys and your are F'd.....big time.

He did admit something in flex a few years ago when he first got sick. He flat out said he could of used lower doses over his career and still made the same gains. Flex did a whole article on him at the time.

i have a buddy who played alot of basketball.. from grade school to college..he used to pop ibuprofen and advil like candy because his ankles killed him.. he did this for years.. he went for a physical and the doc were very concerned about his liver values and kidneys.. they told him no more pain killers.. he was "alright" but, the docs warned him that he was not far from a point of no return..

obviously i believe you guys

but can someone that big become that small?

i mean you look at pictures of dorian and levrone today and they still have a very muscular look to them

he is tiny tiny tiny in that picture with bob and jay

Dorian and Levrone can eat as much protein/supps. as they want ... For TP it could jepordize his health and kill him.

obviously i believe you guys

but can someone that big become that small?

i mean you look at pictures of dorian and levrone today and they still have a very muscular look to them

he is tiny tiny tiny in that picture with bob and jay

As massive said ........

from something I read on another board he says he weighs 220,it doesn't look it standing between Jay and Chic.

Damn, Its hard to beleive its the same guy Just looking at the two pictures in this thread.
So What exactly is wrong with him? His Kidneys?
I seen MG mentioned Kidney failure.... I Guess they Just quite working on Him?
Thats terrible man...I didnt realize I guess How sick he was or How Bad that could be. Was there Not some warning signs? Or by the time he knew they were Just to far gone? Thats a bad deal:(

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear