over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Footwear...

bubbadiddit

Registered
Just curious as to the type of footwear (shoes) alot of you guys wear while training. I typically just wear my running shoes, but was thinking of changing over to a wrestling type shoe while lifting for possibly more natural footing. Also, I seem to get shin splints while on the treadmill and I think it's my shoes. If anyone's got any advice on this topic, let's hear it.

bubba

Those are fucking sweet! You think you could send me a pair? No local asian importer here in the south.....

LOL... I don't get how some people workout in flip flops, but I'v seen at the gym I use to go to.

Give me a decent pair of shoes and I'm fine... I don't go for anything expensive just something like a Nike, New Balance, Adidas, etc, but I don't care for Reebok too much. I've got a pair of New Balance for now.

Just curious as to the type of footwear (shoes) alot of you guys wear while training. I typically just wear my running shoes, but was thinking of changing over to a wrestling type shoe while lifting for possibly more natural footing. Also, I seem to get shin splints while on the treadmill and I think it's my shoes. If anyone's got any advice on this topic, let's hear it.

bubba

I wear a varitey of shoes from nike shoks to bare feet or socks.

I like going barefoot in the home gym ( well garage gym anyway )
and when I go to the gym I like nike running shoes but nothing special.

anything low to the ground and flat -

Nike zoom RT
Nike Air Abington
Adidas Adidazero Pro

All great ones

LITTLE SAVAGE, ARE THOSE MADE OF WOOD?

I'VE NEVER SEEN SHOES LIKE THAT BEFORE.

I WEAR TENNIS SHOES SOMETIMES....I HAVE A HARD FLAT PAIR FOR LIFTING AND A CUSHIONED PAIR FOR WALKING ON THE TREADMILL, ETC.

I HAVE TO HAVE SOLID, NON-SQUISHY SHOES FOR LIFTING.

MY FAVORITE THING TO WEAR ARE THOSE MAGNUM COP BOOTS, ANKLE HIGH.

check out trail running shoes. My personal favorite is New Balance as I have narrow foot and high arch. Trail shoes are made low to ground so they are less prone to twist an ankle which makes them good also for heavy squats, etc. They are less cool (because they are usually waterproof) so they are a little warm in summer.

Best bet - have a pair of reg. running shoes and a pair of trails - then switch them out. Use trails on leg or back days with heavy pressure on legs and others for other days. The shoes will last longer if you don't wear them everyday.

Oh, and brother man, I would be careful with those Chuck Taylors. They are great for clubbing or driving or watching TV, but they have absolutely no support for athletics - don't hurt yourself.

Chucks when doing legs or deads and whatever workboots I have on for the rest. J.R.

I have these, which are great for deads, they are almost like bare feet, I don't like running with them though, which is what they are designed for:
**broken link removed** I have them in black/grey

I also just bought these: **broken link removed**

I figure I should be able to run better in those.

Every time I go to buy new shoes, it amazes me how many different shoes there are. It's become complicated like a buying any thing else. I'm real simple. I just want a shoe that fits good and feel even better.

Gees... I went to pick up a new toothbrush and now there are all these different style toothbrushes on the market. Can't even buy a simple toothbrush any more. :rolleyes:

Usually, New Balance Cross Trainers. If I'm squating or deadlifting then Otomix or Chuck Taylors.

a wrestling type shoe while lifting for possibly more natural footing.

that's what i've been wearing for the past 2 years.

Also, I seem to get shin splints while on the treadmill and I think it's my shoes.

that's why i wear cross trainers or running shoes with good shock absorption for cardio...and stick to stairmill, elliptical to avoid impact on shins and knees

I wear your standard Nike Sports shoes when wearing my athletic pants and medium cut boots when wearing my shorts. When I wear my shorts I am usually working legs or back.

I'VE NEVER SEEN SHOES LIKE THAT BEFORE.

I WEAR TENNIS SHOES SOMETIMES....I HAVE A HARD FLAT PAIR FOR LIFTING AND A CUSHIONED PAIR FOR WALKING ON THE TREADMILL, ETC.

I HAVE TO HAVE SOLID, NON-SQUISHY SHOES FOR LIFTING.

MY FAVORITE THING TO WEAR ARE THOSE MAGNUM COP BOOTS, ANKLE HIGH.

Those are japanese slippers...............Japanese chefs I worked with back home used to wear them in the kitchen.......(old schooler japanese styleee)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear