over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Logs

M

moose

Hey guys/gals..For those of you who take a training log to the gym, what type do you get and where do you get a good one that is actually made for our use? Any brainstorms about your training log are welcome too, ....What do YOU include in yours?

:)

i take a 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper and fuld it in half a few times till its the size of a small memo pad..

then i just keep flipping it to a fresh side to write what i did that day ...

i train DC style so a day fits on each flap..

it essentially gives me 16 pieces of paper to write on and it also gives me enough history so i can look back a week or 2 and see what i did.

I don't do much...i just take a little pocket book and write down the weights and reps etc. I'm not looking to get to in depth so my notebook is pretty small...just something i can look back on week by week so i can remember what weight i used...I have a really bad memory. haha

moose said:
Hey guys/gals..For those of you who take a training log to the gym, what type do you get and where do you get a good one that is actually made for our use? Any brainstorms about your training log are welcome too, ....What do YOU include in yours?

:)

i should keep onebut dont' just cause i'm lazy..usually i have everything in my head..but do forget what i do on some exercises i dont' hit in a while

Yeah bro, me too, I'm lazy as hell sometimes! That's why I was tryin to see some new ideas..ya caught me. lol :p :D

|--[\\\]>----------- Sorry, cant help you here, i never took a notebook to class let alone to the gym...LOL!

I found that as soon as I started keeping a training journal, i could monitor when I grew the best, strength gains, fat loss etc.
It also motivates me to train when I am taking strain on the diet and i struggle getting up a flight of stairs.
It's an A4 288pg book.
On the first 2 pages I glued clear folders under the heading Goals and diet.
In there I put the goals and the current diet I am trying to acheive.
I then work out my training regemin for the following few months, and inbetween, I put pics of bodybuilders and motivational quotes.
I write everything I eat, hours I slept, my heart rate in the morning, reps, sets, notes on form and feeling of muscles during training, BF%, weight etc
When I look back, I can see when I grew the best and lost fat the best, how over trained I am, if I can go more, which program worked best etc.

It's been an invaluable tool in my growth :)

Last edited:
excel

i put mine up in an excel format. make a spreadsheet and keep the info and brackets, all you have to do is change your workouts every 4-6 weeks. they are nice and have been a great aid in the gym

I've tried a few different types of training logs. Sometimes I use cedar because the smell is nice and it doesn't rot. Oak makes a good log for training because it's very solid and heavy duty. I've tried mesquite logs, but they have a lot of thorns and make training difficult. I'd have to say overall white pine is my favorite training log. It's fairly light weight, sturdy and good for overall training. At first, people will look at you like you're strange when you start taking your training logs to the gym, but one good slap to the head from your oak log will end that crap.

BigBoyJ said:
I've tried a few different types of training logs. Sometimes I use cedar because the smell is nice and it doesn't rot. Oak makes a good log for training because it's very solid and heavy duty. I've tried mesquite logs, but they have a lot of thorns and make training difficult. I'd have to say overall white pine is my favorite training log. It's fairly light weight, sturdy and good for overall training. At first, people will look at you like you're strange when you start taking your training logs to the gym, but one good slap to the head from your oak log will end that crap.

LOL jesus....BBJ I love reading your post's. lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner