over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Partner ?

Kcm3000

Registered
how important is a training partner to you? i personally have never had one, but im thinking that if i had a good one i could get some quicker gains. your thought on this one guys/gals

how important is a training partner to you? i personally have never had one, but im thinking that if i had a good one i could get some quicker gains. your thought on this one guys/gals

very important to me. I like the motivation plus I do forced reps so I need one.

alone

i prefer to train alone. i stay more focused and train at my own pace. never had a problem getting someone to spot if i need it and i'll return the favor to anyone that needs it.

I have mostly trained alone. Recently the last six months I am working out with a friend of mine he is pretty comparable in weights to me, and i am making bigger gains than ever. I think its important to find someone at your level so your not taking four 45's off everytime its his set. We put our head phones on and rarely talk strictly business. I recommend if you can find the right one to at least give it a shot.

Yeah, I don't like all the talking and train better with my tunes blaring................. and if he's not on time I can be a real jerk. So, it's just me, myself and I :D

it's very important to me but very hard to find one that can keep up and have same mind set as you. i use to drive 1hr 1 way just to train with my partner finally after two years i was able to move closer.

The hardest part is getting them to show up all the time. You need to find someone who has the same drive or goals as yourself.

those are some great points. i dont think many people at my gym have the same mentality i do when it comes to training. they dont exactly know the meaning of a real workout! lol

Then/NOW

Then:
I use to be a loner because it is so hard to find someone that you "click" with. Seemed like I was always pushing them and nothing in return. Also, getting that extra forced "rep" in can be tuff.

Now:
I can say, without a doubt, having a great training partner not only makes better progress, the time flys by and it is much more enjoyable. The difference is night and day. Doesn't hurt my best friend is the partner and he is also one BABB (bas ass bodybuilder:p ) I know I am pretty lucky in in finding a great workout partner, but when I do workout alone, it really ISNT the same and I use to do that for years.

Last edited:
Alone, Until...

I used to always train alone. Now that I'm doing DC it's pretty hard without a partner or at least a spotter. All the guys at the gym see the DC routine and they wouldn't be my partner if I paid them.

ive had partners and that was cool, but now i train dc and prefer to do it alone. i just wish i had a consistent spotter that had a clue when i need it.

its night and day wth an experenced trainning partner ... i lost 30lbs of fat, and got significantly stronger from lowering my dosage and finding a mentor and training partner. night and day

I had a few

Over the years I had a few great partners. But things always end up happening....Im going to be late, cant show up today, I gotta make it a quick workout etc etc. So now I train alone.

I agree, with the headphones in and death metal on its all business when Im there and I control my workout and time. The only problem is I am also doing DC and a partner would be nice to have during those rest pause sets. Fortunately, I know everyone in my gym the times I go, and there is usually someone there I can trust to give me the couple minutes I need to do the RP sets properly with the static holds as well.

The thing is I HATE TO ASK. It has to suck to have to spot my big ass, while you were doing your thing minding your own business,lol. But I have not gotten a complaint yet, and I think it has to do with my psychotic disposition. But seriously, it would be nice to have a DC partner, as alot of the people I ask to spot me would not train DC if you paid them. It is way too intense...

i hear hotttsauce is a HUGE fan of the Rest pause.... im sure he could help you out..... hahaha

what in the world are YOU doing awake??????????

Been a little under the weather the last few days so get a couple hours sleep, up for a few then get a couple more.

Been a little under the weather the last few days so get a couple hours sleep, up for a few then get a couple more.

omg they made meds to knock you out.... TAKE SOME.....

ive had the same training partner for about the past 3 years i think, we both work our schedules around the gym so we can train together. we would be lost without each other at this point i think. if im slacking he keeps me in check same with him, a quick slap and we're both back on point

I've had a couple that were great but as they got older lifting wasn't as important and they stopped. Haven't had one in 10yrs and probaly won't[noone wants to be at the gym at 5am].I'm motivated enough and made my best gains training alone.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131