over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Styles

ZEBRA

Newbies
Guys i have been lurking for along time. Finally joined. Im new to the Iron Game but happy to have found this board with so many great bodybuilders.
My question is does it really matter how you train?
I see so many great physiques built on many styles. Is it just Genetics?
I see HIT hybrids used a lot on this board with many huge guys using them. Then great bodybuilders built on high volume.
Its hard to figure out whats best.
I have been training like Labrada and Haney my favorits. They belive in Moderate weights higher sets and shorter rest periods,30-45sec.
Haney says stimulte do not anhilitate. That the muscle does not know the difference between 100 lbs and 400 lbs as long as you are stimulating the muscle.
Also he did not avocate high protien. He says eat for what you are going to do not what you did. He was more on the lower calorie diet.
Has anyone seen his site?
I seen him a year ago and he still looks fantastic.
So who is right? Is there a right way?
Is it HIT,High volume,Heavy weight long rest periods,moderate weight short rest periods or is it just preference?

Hope you can help a novice.

ZEBRA

Hey man welcome Zebra
There are alot of knowledgeable people on this board.Lets get one thing straight. What works for one person might not work as well for someone else. Everybodys different. You just have to find what works for for you and stick with it. Consistincy. I personally use doggcrapp style of training. It works the best for me.I tried doing high volume and i think i was overtraining. My diet was in check too.High volume worked but not as good for me as DC training. Use the basic compound exircises. Hope this helps.

lata

Last edited:
zebra, welcome to the board.. first off, please forget the idea that the muscle does not know how much "weight" it is handling.. when training that fast, you will produce a tremendous amount of fatigue products in the muscle.. which in turn, hampers the amount of weight.. which in turn, kills max contraction ect.. train heavy.. take the appropriate rest period.. one that allows max weight handling.. i do not care how strict you do a 20 pound side lateral or if you train so fast that you hit failure with the 20 pound dumbell.. you will not build large delts.. lee haney and labrada may have trained "fast" before a show, but they built their physiques with 400 pound benches and heavy squats..

good question

some poeple just look at a weight and grow, i got friend that doesnt know much about diet or training.. does a basic 9 set per bodypart workout, never does legs, eats sandwiches and shit and evreywhere he goes people ask him about being a bodybuilder and how to train..ask if he'll train them...ect ect.. and he doesnt fucking know...he would just look that way if he did nothing..
just naturally built... he grows no matter how he trains..
I think alot of pros end up being pros because they have the genetics, not saying they dont bust their ass, but they get great results because of the genetics..other pros really have to bust their ass and claw and scrape fro every oz of muscle because they don't have the genetics but have the heart to be sucessfull...
Other people follow a high volume routine and drugs or no drugs..results are slow or non existint...you know the guys.. train 4-5 days a week, train for 1-2 hrs and never look any differnt..

after years of training and not getting results on the higer volume (pretty)workouts with all the fancy exercises, I came across DC style, and Phil H Style training and have gotten much better results..in terms of size...but have also learned how to eat better for growth... I wish I knew this when I was 30 instead of 40... In any case I think most people grow better on a lower volume high intensity basic routine like the routine in the beginners section...i think its by Phil....Nope just checked its by BigA Its A sticky..Growth principles for beginners take a look ...or DC style .. but you still gotta bust your hump training that way..

But then I aslo think that higer volume "Pump" training has its place during the year...and should be incorporated sometimes.. but I think most muscle is built on basic compund movements and heavy weight.... and alot of food...
Too many people try to eat like a "dieting" body builder (I Did for years) and train hard to gain muscle and get nowhere...because calorie intake was not enough... I ben around this game since 1990 and still learning and just went to the beginners section and printed out the workout sugessted there and started it today...
Wow... that was long winded... my dopamine agonists must be kickin in late :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ATP44
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity