UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia Steroid Scandal Interview

edouble

Registered
UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia Steroid Scandal Interview by alien8r

**broken link removed**

Click on underlined hyperlink for full interview:
**broken link removed**

Official release from Team Extreme and Miletich Fighting Systems:

UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia announced today that he had taken a banned substance prior to his title defense against Gan McGee on Sept. 26 in Las Vegas.

"I made a terrible mistake... the biggest mistake of my life," Sylvia said. "I wish I could take it back, but that isn't possible. So, I'm ready to accept the consequences for my actions."

The Nevada State Athletic Commission notified Sylvia of the infraction earlier this week. Sylvia hopes to have a hearing in front of the board on Oct. 15 in Las Vegas.

"After I won the title, I wanted to look better... to have a better physique," Sylvia said. "I have never taken steroids before, so I tried it for a month after the Ricco fight. Now, it's obvious that it was a big mistake."

Sylvia said he will abide by whatever decisions are made by the NSAC and Zuffa.

"I just want to apologize for letting people down... my fans, my teammates, my family, the Nevada State Athletic Commission and the UFC," Sylvia said. "I can't express how disappointed I am in myself right now. I've gotten such great support from so many people... I hope they will stick by me and help me get through this. I want to accept responsibility for what I did, do whatever I have to do to put it behind me, and move on with my career."

what a bunch of bullshit, like guys like don frye, mark coleman and mark kerr werent on, its all about timing.

Dave_19 said:
what a bunch of bullshit, like guys like don frye, mark coleman and mark kerr werent on, its all about timing.
\

I think this statement by his is pretty dumb, got a hunch he prob failed winny would def help his endurance...

Ironlife.com: Do you think you are still a legitimate champion?
Tim Sylvia: what I used was just for my appearance, when I beat somebody I knock them out. Steroids have nothing to do with my boxing skills.

imo he would not be taking this stance if he didnt get caught.

I do not understand what the big deal is probably 90% of all Pro athletes use something or another to get an edge like Dave19 said.
The only harm I see is that it is probably bad for the youngsters comming up to start to early by having their most admired stars example. The UFC or etc brings it to the attention any way other wise who is to say.

Any way people pay to see the best if these compounds help you to recover and make all the competitors better $ for the fans. So what
But its ultimately going to be up to the individuals any way on how they were raised and respect their parents wishes etc. MM

dickhead

What a dickhead... he's never taken it before, only AFTER he won the title... to "look better"? give me a break, wasting the time of any intelligent person out there.

IronMike

PS - of course, I won't be saying this to his face :D

I don't know maybe he is telling the truth about not ever using before. Seriously his physique is terrible. He obviously trains his ass off for these fights, but if I saw him on the beach with his shirt off I would think he trains at the local rec center a couple times a week. I think the guy is just a natural born ass kicker that can puch hard as a mofo. I also think the guys diet is probably terrible. He kind of has that fat skinny look going. Although I will say he looked better at this last fight than ever before, but seriously I have seen natural guys with twice the physique. And this brings up an interesting thing to remember, just because someone doesn't have an impressive physique doesn't mean he can't beat your ass into oblivion. LOL Something to think about next time before you get into a fight with some seemingly average joe.:eek:

|---[\\\\]>------- i live like 45 mins. away from these guys and i know A LOT of them juice.....that town is FULL of juicers....i dont' know who exactly in the fighting camp takes them, but if i had to guess, it'd be over 80%!

poor guy is being questioned like he's been selling crack/cocaine to children for the past 6yrs....get a fukin life people!!!

bump

Yeah no shit. Who really gives a fuck if he is juicing. The ufc is all about no holds barred and beating the shit out of your opponent. I dont see why they even make a big deal about this shit. It flors me to see how little the general bpubic know about athletes in todays society. I guess they just think all of these monsters are just naturally big boned right?:rolleyes:

This is simply damage control after the fact...admit you did something wrong or that you have a substance problem and all shall be forgiven...(YAWN) It's really not worth talking about. This guy is the same type of person who would squeel like a pig if he got caught by the cops. Not much integrity and not much dignity...
But, he is one bad ass in the ring. Image how bad he could have been on the right gear, BEFORE HE FOUGHT< NOT AFTER!
Im out.
be safe...
RJ

yep

rjsilverback said:
This is simply damage control after the fact...admit you did something wrong or that you have a substance problem and all shall be forgiven...(YAWN) It's really not worth talking about. This guy is the same type of person who would squeel like a pig if he got caught by the cops. Not much integrity and not much dignity...
But, he is one bad ass in the ring. Image how bad he could have been on the right gear, BEFORE HE FOUGHT< NOT AFTER!
Im out.
be safe...
RJ

That's what I think too - admit to something, lesser than you are accused of. Like "I was taking AS to recover from an injury, but I admit I made a horrible mistake and should be banned, if I did it again".

I'm not much into UFC so I'm no expert and do think they should be able to take whatever the hell they want (shit, they can attack and punch however they want!).

A mate of mine is right into it and from the DVDs and TV coverage I've seen, I'd reckon 80% on gear is accurate, as it is for any sport. IronMike

Re: yep

IronMike said:

That's what I think too - admit to something, lesser than you are accused of. Like "I was taking AS to recover from an injury, but I admit I made a horrible mistake and should be banned, if I did it again".

I'm not much into UFC so I'm no expert and do think they should be able to take whatever the hell they want (shit, they can attack and punch however they want!).

A mate of mine is right into it and from the DVDs and TV coverage I've seen, I'd reckon 80% on gear is accurate, as it is for any sport. IronMike

80%????????!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Nope --- try like 98%. Almost every (I mean with the exception of like two guys) fighter I knew or know has taken or is on gear. It is common law in nhb. I think this is ridiculous.... This makes no sense at all --- why Sylvia????

I agree with my boy Ivan .I did not know one athlete that wasn't using during my days of training and fighting.I even know for a fact that they are almost as prevelant in boxing as well .In Vegas there is a famous boxing trainer that used to tell me that tyson was on the gear at 13 and they used to give him Halo 2weeks before a fight and check drops and methyl test right before fighting.I heard he was a head case and he used to cry like a baby before his fights .They would get him all jacked up and he would go out and destroy people.....When I played pro ball .....I would say 70-80% of players were using.........but now it is much higher and you got guys like Romo and boston using a ton of gh......Any any combat sport guys will always be seeking an edge.Even in basketball lots of guys use.I have a friend that plays in europe [also played with the celtics] He used to bring me back parabolin and dynabolin 5000 at a time and never once was ckecked through customs[ this was also 8 years ago] He told me that even guys like Jordan used Deca.Don't believe me look at what he looked like his first 2 seasons in the NBA and now look at him .25-30 pounds muscle difference.Same with Kobe.drug testing is stupid and it ruins athletes lives ......Let people compete [this is coming from a guy that hasn't used in 8 years ]

I was just speaking with some guys from IVAN's old turf...they asll agree everyone takes something at sometime...everyone is on it and everyone is looking for that edge to beat the other.

Hey IVAN big fight coming up at the tribal meeting place....you should come up???

Would love to but look at this!

Sprained my fucking ankle!!!!! Scanned this tonight --- was much more colorful a week ago!

Attachments

• foot.jpg2.jpg
    foot.jpg2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 618

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member