YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin D And Fish Oil Supplements Mostly Disappoint In Long-Awaited Research Results

The high dose (prescription) fish oil studies were mainly positive. Always use more than the labels suggest to get the benefits of fish oil. This does make it very expensive though, unfortunately.

As far as Vitamin D supplements go, maybe they aren't as good as we thought, but for $10 a bottle that will last an entire year, I'm going to keep taking it.

My exact thoughts. My vit d supplementation has increased blood levels so I know it's working. I think I paid about $10 for 180 days supply.

All I know is that it took a few weeks for the D3 to finally kick in. Mood slowly lifted. I now take 5000 once a day.

For what it's worth, my cardiologist made a list of what he thinks are the most important heart health supplements the other day: fish oil, coq10, curcumin, magnesium, vitamin d3, vitamin k2, and multivitamin

Did he give you a dosage for each supplement and or a certain brand to take?

I think Dr. Rhonda Patrick feels different about Vitamin D. I will stick with her thoughts.....if curious, look it up on YouTube.

I think Dr. Rhonda Patrick feels different about Vitamin D. I will stick with her thoughts.....if curious, look it up on YouTube.

Yea saving $10-15 a year isn't worth risking the notion that Vitamin D3 is ineffective.

Its my belief that a multivitamin can in fact replace eating vegetables. I personally think the government tells us vitamins cant replace a healthy diet because if we were told it could than most people wouldn't spend the extra money on vegetables. they post these studies to confuse people because agriculture is the backbone of this country and we gotta keep the farmers growing those veggies. Common sense tells me that no matter how you digest your nutrients they all enter your body through your mouth whether its whole food or a pill. so i dont think eating more fish vs. taking fish oil as any different. i dont care for fish and will take my pills. same with veggies. no way i can eat enough veggies to get my nutrients. i cant stomach all that broccoli and asparagus. im lucky if i eat one serving a day.
Just ... no

(this poster is banned... just now catching up.... ciao Bella!)

This is an old thread but 1 gram fish oil per day is a joke. What kind of fish oil? What brand? A few hundred milligrams of absorbed oil didn't fix everyone right up? Shocking. Did they try 3-4gms krill oil per day? My triglycerides are almost half of what they were before krill oil (I take Mega-Red). And as cheap as D3 is, supplementing it almost seems like a no brainer.

As far as this "study" is concerned, all bad news for OTC vitamin users but they sneak in at the end regarding an extract of fish oil, icosapent ethyl, after trashing 1 regular fish oil cap per day as useless.

And then they say the quiet part out loud:

"The volunteers took icosapent ethyl, which is sold under the brand name Vascepa and was developed by the Amarin Corporation, which funded Bhatt's research."

This Vascepa extract is Rx-only (gasps) and dosed at 4 grams per day at a monthly cost without coupons of over $300USD for name brand. SMH... pathetic.
This is why we'll never get real-world solid data on the efficacy of OTC supplements. Will never happen.

This is an old thread but 1 gram fish oil per day is a joke. What kind of fish oil? What brand? A few hundred milligrams of absorbed oil didn't fix everyone right up? Shocking. Did they try 3-4gms krill oil per day? My triglycerides are almost half of what they were before krill oil (I take Mega-Red). And as cheap as D3 is, supplementing it almost seems like a no brainer.

As far as this "study" is concerned, all bad news for OTC vitamin users but they sneak in at the end regarding an extract of fish oil, icosapent ethyl, after trashing 1 regular fish oil cap per day as useless.

And then they say the quiet part out loud:

"The volunteers took icosapent ethyl, which is sold under the brand name Vascepa and was developed by the Amarin Corporation, which funded Bhatt's research."

This Vascepa extract is Rx-only (gasps) and dosed at 4 grams per day at a monthly cost without coupons of over $300USD for name brand. SMH... pathetic.
This is why we'll never get real-world solid data on the efficacy of OTC supplements. Will never happen.
Post like this is one reason this is such a great site. Many of the guys here are very objective when discussing supplements or PEDs and get to the core of the research being presented. Some might remember the bro-logic thing about not taking antibiotics because they impede protein metabolism. Well, if you read the research they do but in bacteria. Which is kinda the point of taking them.

I take Mega-red too and seem to get the best benefit from a minimum of 1000mg of Omega-3 from fish oil. My joints hurt less.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131