over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What diet style do you follow??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've been looking at several differant dieting methods and talked to several folks about what they like the best and it seesm that they very a bit.

I'm currently doing a low carb for 3 days 450-500g/Protine , 50-60g/Carbs , 100-125gr fats from olive oil , almonds and beef.
then two days high carbs lower fat 400-450gr.Protine , 350-400g/Carbs , 40-50g/Fats and it seems to be working but its a whole shit load of food to try to eat in a day

I've also heard of carb tapering style diet , where you get 2x your body weight in protine , 150g/carbs one day , 75 the next then 50 for the next two days and start over , the thing is that you count ALL the carbs even the one in Broccoli and such

Anyway I was just wondering what you guys do for a fat loss diet

Last edited:
Under 100 grams carbs a day plus low calories, I do that for three days then carb up, then back to the low carbs/calories.

I currently follow something similar to JohnnyPro....I am actually under 50 grams of carbs per day, Moderate fats, 250-300 grams of protein. I have a clean refeed about every 6 days or as needed if the body has haulted! I started out at much higher carbs (150gms - 200gms) and phased them all the way down to under 50grams. This is all contest dieting though, offseason will be a whole different approach!

I am thinking about carb cycling next go around.

JohnnyPro: What do you consider low calories for 2 days in row and on high carb day what do the calories look like? Interested in what you consider low calories?

I get anywhere between 2,000 - 2,700 calories per day while cutting bodyfat...refeed days might be a bit higher or stay within that range.

I'm also using 30cc 3x a day of LBA's , i just mix it up in every other 1 liter bottle of water i drink.

Eating so much protine is a bitch , I've had ro resort to a couple more shakes throughout the day just to give my gut a little break.

I'm currently 270ish lbs at arount 12% or so BF , doing 30 min cardio first thing in the AM while still fasted then another 20 min post workout in the evening. My partner was on my ass about not getting enough cals in as i was getting around 2400 a day , I've since bumped the cals up to 3000-3200 and I'm steadly dropping BF and sweating alot more so apparently my metabolisim was slowed down some from the lower cals.

The people i work with can't do anything but stair when i prepair my food every hr or so and ask "how the hell are you loosing weight eating so much"

similar to johnny pro and lenny cept i drop fats down on carb up daze usually 3 days as needed really jumps the metabolism up the leaner you are. this is also pre contest im 7 weeks out and quite lean

Nothing fancy, keep it simple.

Bulking: 300kcal over maintenance. Moderate protein, very high carb, low fat.

Dieting: 500-700kcal below maintenance. Very high protein, very low carb, high fat.

That's it, I don't believe in cycling, timing or any of that.

I might substitute more fat for carbs depending on how I feel, the great thing about fat is that you can fit in a lot more calories without really becoming full.

I currently follow something similar to JohnnyPro....I am actually under 50 grams of carbs per day, Moderate fats, 250-300 grams of protein. I have a clean refeed about every 6 days or as needed if the body has haulted! I started out at much higher carbs (150gms - 200gms) and phased them all the way down to under 50grams. This is all contest dieting though, offseason will be a whole different approach!

I am thinking about carb cycling next go around.

JohnnyPro: What do you consider low calories for 2 days in row and on high carb day what do the calories look like? Interested in what you consider low calories?

I get anywhere between 2,000 - 2,700 calories per day while cutting bodyfat...refeed days might be a bit higher or stay within that range.

Lenny, I try to keep calories at around 2000 a day but sometimes I go a little higher depending on my willpower, lol. On high carb days I eat around 350 grams of carbs. I don't pay too much attention to calories on my carb up days.

McDonalds-Taco Bell-Pizza Hut-Samurai Sams......not neccesarily in that order. Sometimes I like to switch it up and go with Dunkin Donuts!!!

McDonalds-Taco Bell-Pizza Hut-Samurai Sams......not neccesarily in that order. Sometimes I like to switch it up and go with Dunkin Donuts!!!

Sounds glorious:D

Just started to carb cycle a little bit ago and so far loving it!

when trying to lose fat i let myself get a little more hungry and will generally try to go with lower fat choices. i do not do low carb diets and there is a great advantage to being able to eat whatever i want, the key is portion control. as soon as we start saying to ourselves you are not allowed under any circumstances to eat such and such, you then tend to want it. can i eat a dozen dohnuts before i go to bed and lose fat? no way. can i eat two donuts at breakfast on an empty stomach and lose fat? you bet your ass i can

try to keep my carb under 30gr a day. my outta control eating and binging would be the death of me..

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner