over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you prefer for cardio?

Techy

Registered
I have an old treadmill I use now but looking to get a new piece of equiptment soon. What do you guys like to use for cardio?

I like the treadmill but a stepmill is better

chris

I had someone tell me that powerwalking burns more calories than jogging, is this true or is he just full of it?

I rotate between running 3 miles at about 8.5-9.0 on the treadmill and doing 20 mins on the step-mill

does sex count? Nah, I like the Eliptical, helps me keep even more size on my legs

Offseason I use elliptical b/c my thighs rub together really bad on the treadmill when I am in offseason mode and I chafe real bad. The elliptical keeps this from happening.

During precontest I use mainly the treadmill and wlak on an incline, bnut I also use the elliptical and stairmaster as well.

I like to use an exercise bike, can zone out alot more with the and seems to be slightly less tedious. :)

have a treadmill in my basement so at 430 the alarm goes off and i am down stairs doing my thing three days a week. if it is an off day from work i go to the gym at 5 or 6 depending what day it is and either do the stepmill or the bike. stepmills are a good time in my book.

Powewalking is were is it at. I usually either Powerwalk at 4.0 MPH at a 15 degree incline or higher for 45 min, or Eliptical for 45 minutes in a Pyramid fashion. I NEVER look at distance ALWAYS go for time and calories. I have been able to gain strengh and size by doing cardio YEAR round finally. I just had to figure what I responded too.

I made the mistake of running when I first started shows lets just say I will NEVER run to cut again.

I know I am NOT in anybodys leauge in here however I am the biggest I have been in the offseason at 195 lbs and under 10% bf so I am happy :D

powerwalk or bike

walk, preferrably outside at a good pace.

So do you guys think powerwalking is better than jogging? :confused: Somone told me that powerwalking burned more calories than jogging but I thought he was full of it.

I don't know about burning more calories but it's a hell of a lot better on your knees!

Eliptical, haven't had a bit of knee soreness since I started it two years ago.

Jig

24 hour has the newer tred climber...it's like hikeing but the highest speed it goes is 4.0...you can only set it to min or max for climb but 20 min. puts on a good sweat...I mix it with the elipticle...works great for very low impact cardio...I do need to do a tiny bit of running though...I feel some fat that needs to come off now...

yes sex counts! this is what I did for miost of my cardio for my last 2 shows this spring, you have to change the sweat soaked sheets every night but it is well worth it!

I have done 0 cardio leading up to my shows so far, it make my legs flatten out and I lose a lot of muscle too. I will incorperate it for my shows this summer though,
I have been doing a lot of research on this lately also, this is what conclusion and theory is....
after a leg workout I do the seated bike for about 20 min very low intensity,for a few reason 1sr it helps with my recovery time drastically!, second there is very low impact on the legs as they dont need any more impact or trauma after a good leg workout!
I think switching up cardio every 2 weeks is best for a continous no plateau effect, the body will get used to cardio faster than it takes to adapt to a weight training stimulis.
jogging is a lot of impact on the lower body so imo it is not needed
treadmill walking at an incline, eliptical,bike, stepmill, swtiched up every 2 weeks will give the best result. which ever one of theese i have listed you hate the most will probably be the best for you! (stepmill):D
swimming is also good although i have found studys stating that the cold water will make the body want to hold onto fat to insulate it, I have not swam in the past but will incorperate it into my regime this year.
Cardio is very effective at building mitochondria and is good to recruite slow twitch muscle fiber hence the reason I am incorperating it even though for fat loss I dont need it.

Well.. Basically what it boils down to is heart rate. You want your heart rate to be in the fat burning zone if you are trying to lean out, no matter what you do for cardio, this is optimal for fat burning. If I remember correctly this is like 65%(?) of your max heart rate. This is easy to figure out, in fact most cardio equipment these days have this built in, so you enter it into the computer. Otherwise, it depends on your age, wt, etc.. running is typically too much for only fat loss, and you will begin to metabolize other tissue as well (muscle). A brisk walk will typically do the job, or the other things you guys mentioned. And, I agree with you guys on the low impact cardio; however, remember that we need some impact to keep our bones at optimal health because they are always resorbing and rebuilding themselves.. Sometimes leg workouts (depending on what kind you do) won't fill the impact requirements because this factor involves actual gate cycle theory (feet coming off of the floor and back on the floor repeatedly(squats, etc., don't do this), however; typically bbr's have a "knack"(sp?) for health anyways (or they should due to diet, etc.) so this is usually irrelevant, but very important especially for females who are more prone to osteoporosis (blonde, light skinned females are at risk the most)

Last edited:
Whats cardio??

I hate cardio , I run 20 in the AM first thing , jump rope at work during breaks and lunch (20 min total maybe!)then the tread mill at the gym in the PM for 30-40 min just fast enough to get my heart rate up.

I hate cardio but being a fat bastard trying toget lean you gotta do it

I've just reconfigured my workouts up so they are very fast pased and keeps my heart rate up the whole time so I'm hoping this will help.

Gunsmith said:
I hate cardio , I run 20 in the AM first thing , jump rope at work during breaks and lunch (20 min total maybe!)then the tread mill at the gym in the PM for 30-40 min just fast enough to get my heart rate up.

I hate cardio but being a fat bastard trying toget lean you gotta do it

I've just reconfigured my workouts up so they are very fast pased and keeps my heart rate up the whole time so I'm hoping this will help.

I used to just juggle the soccer ball in the front yard for 15-30 mins. twice a day when not @ the gym for1.5 hours when tryin to get lean and it worked...

treadmil first thing in the morning, high intensity for 20 min.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131