over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What has changed?

The thread's title is what has changed? Why are guys bigger now than they were 30 years ago? Guys took high doses in the 70s and 80s and werent mass monsters. Gh was used in the 80s, in very low doses though, but still the biggest guy around was lee haney at 6ft 250 on stage.

Right now 6ft guys are close to 300 pounds on stage (Ronnie, Ramy, Dennis Wolf, Markus, Gunther, Dillet, JP Fux, Nasser and many others) why is that? Why are the top guys today 50 pounds heavier than in the 80s?

Training is the same, genetics are almost the same (sergio oliva sr and jr, lee and hunter labrada) The only difference is drugs (gh and slin) and food, nobody was eating 1000 plus carbs a day in the 80s. Lee Haney says he was a carb monster but he was only eating 500 carbs, Tom Platz was eating 300 carbs etc....

Reason for disqualification in my opinion. Haidi too. What do the judges and the spectators think? Are we all really that stupid or blind? It’s the lowering of standards with no end in sight . . .

They have never disqualified anyone and have rarely punished them with lower placements.

The only time there was an official announcement was to punish Iris Kyle for physique distortions due to lumps in her buttocks.

A few months ago there was an ad for an SEO company on the NPC news website.

Reason for disqualification in my opinion. Haidi too. What do the judges and the spectators think? Are we all really that stupid or blind? It’s the lowering of standards with no end in sight . . .
I agree, these strange looking lumps are getting out of hand.

They have never disqualified anyone and have rarely punished them with lower placements.

The only time there was an official announcement was to punish Iris Kyle for physique distortions due to lumps in her buttocks.

The rampent use of SEO is what has changed the most in the sport for the worst in my opinoin.

1711237691790.png

The rampent use of SEO is what has changed the most in the sport for the worst in my opinoin.
@alfresco not to derail the subject of the thread, but curious and only asking out of objective curiosity.

Do we think synthol should be banned from the competitive side of the sport? Not saying it’s possible to test. Just a hypothetical.

I personally will only use small amounts of Formafill, not synthol. But there are many guys and threads on here including BigA who have done well using synthol.

Curious others input on what the “solution” should be here. IF there is one.

@alfresco not to derail the subject of the thread, but curious and only asking out of objective curiosity.

Do we think synthol should be banned from the competitive side of the sport? Not saying it’s possible to test. Just a hypothetical.

I personally will only use small amounts of Formafill, not synthol. But there are many guys and threads on here including BigA who have done well using synthol.

formafill vs synthol vs HLA/mediphorm?

The thread's title is what has changed? Why are guys bigger now than they were 30 years ago? Guys took high doses in the 70s and 80s and werent mass monsters. Gh was used in the 80s, in very low doses though, but still the biggest guy around was lee haney at 6ft 250 on stage.

Right now 6ft guys are close to 300 pounds on stage (Ronnie, Ramy, Dennis Wolf, Markus, Gunther, Dillet, JP Fux, Nasser and many others) why is that? Why are the top guys today 50 pounds heavier than in the 80s?

Training is the same, genetics are almost the same (sergio oliva sr and jr, lee and hunter labrada) The only difference is drugs (gh and slin) and food, nobody was eating 1000 plus carbs a day in the 80s. Lee Haney says he was a carb monster but he was only eating 500 carbs, Tom Platz was eating 300 carbs etc....
Another reason why, in my opinion, and I have said this before and is probably more appropriate, relevant here and now, and you don’t have to have be a Nobel prize winner to figure this out and that is (drum roll) unavoidable as a function of time that we are locating more more bodybuilders with greater potential and a greater tolerance for all ‘things.’

More than ever in the history on the planet earth people are working out in record numbers so what do you expect, all else being equal. Take away all the ‘drugs’ and the same people would be winning. Add them back in and they would still be winning albeit a tad (😉) bigger. And in time they will be bigger yet, again all things being equal.

Could go on and but don’t want to bore everybody.

Short story long, time trumps all.

formafill vs synthol vs HLA/mediphorm?
Formafil is HLA. I personally will only use it a few weeks before a show in my left bicep to balance it out with my right.

It’s temporary whereas synthol is permanent.

The thing I’ll add to my previous post is why would guys stop using it if judges aren’t marking them down… our top two Olympia guys now have “obvious” SEO usage. What message does that send. 🤔

View attachment 195022
Those lumps are so strange. Odd and a little too shiny. Why are they there?!? Seems like an odd place to put gear or SEO?

Weird lumps aren't there here:
1711241747859.jpeg

Odd place for SEO when there isn't any enhancement at those sites that seem necessary🤷🏾

^^^

How dare you!

He was a Mr. O.

And wouldn’t be if not for the ‘oil’.

The solution if there is one is totally out of their control . . . you can’t choose your parents.

Impossible to control let alone ban and if used responsibly and intelligently perhaps unnoticeable of we have before and after fotos. And even then one, the contestant could attribute the change in finding the right routine / exercise. Sure.

I do think it should be ‘ban able’ but is impossible to in-force (as mentioned above).

Could it make or break a first place finish? It should. Not knocking them down a notch, just get off the stage.

But again, how can you absolutely be be certain?

The analogy I use is this. How can you tell if camouflage is effective? You can’t spot them in the case of animals.

Case in point but not directly related to BB.

Many years ago in Kenya, I worked on a game preserve, part of a team that would go out once a month and do a total game count on land and by air. (Then we would cull, butcher and distribute the meat to local villages. It was not fun, not sexy, not especially difficult with a spotlight in the middle of the night. We were the only people that were allowed to hunt game in the entire country. People used to and still ask what I did on this preserve and the simple answer is . . . we counted game and then killed some of them.)

The point, if there is one, is you don’t know what you can’t see.

And I think ‘oil’ is here to say. Like it or not.

I think Derek’s chest, shoulders, lats, and arms are all site enhanced. Makes no sense how there is no separation or striation in any of those body parts. I honestly think it’s glaring obvious and I don’t understand why nobody is raising their hand.
Don’t know about other body parts but do know, like fat, you can’t flex it.

Biggest change I've seen since taking about 5 years off is all the new peptides out now.

Dexter used to go NUTS on his calves, then one year it looked like he completely gave that up. They completely deflated, like out of nowhere. Didn't really affect his placings though.

Ronnie also did it.

Samson has good calves, Rubiel has giant calves.

Nick's are not bad.

I don't think you can or should be banned from wearing anything, but you should be punished when you see strange things on a body, things that ruin the harmony and flow.

If someone shows swelling, loss of detail, lumps or implants, "muscles" that do not exist in the human anatomy.... should be disqualified.

It can't be that someone has shredded glutes and their shoulders or arms look like water balloons.

This is not natural, it doesn't happen in classic guys and it doesn't happen in WPD or WBB athletes. Look at Andrea, Angela Yeo, Sarah, Natalia... they all have shredded glutes and their shoulders look crisp.

I don't think you can or should be banned from wearing anything, but you should be punished when you see strange things on a body, things that ruin the harmony and flow.

If someone shows swelling, loss of detail, lumps or implants, "muscles" that do not exist in the human anatomy.... should be disqualified.

It can't be that someone has shredded glutes and their shoulders or arms look like water balloons.

This is not natural, it doesn't happen in classic guys and it doesn't happen in WPD or WBB athletes. Look at Andrea, Angela Yeo, Sarah, Natalia... they all have shredded glutes and their shoulders look crisp.

Natalia's delts at last year's Olympia actually had very noticeable golf ball lumps, both sides (especially noticeable in side chest/ side tri). The judges were very aware of it and apparently asked her coach about it.

Happens in both WPD and WBB if you pay close attention. I'm sure it's in all divisions.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131