over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What Have You Learned ........

Best post I have read in a few months

What I have learned about training is you have a tight rope of being progressive in keeping weight or reps going up while still being cognizant of what your body is telling you in terms of being over trained. I suppose If I had to really rely on one ideal it would be pick 2 exercises for each body part and get a total of 24-25 reps out. Maybe thats 3x8,4x6 12x2 etc. Interchange them and just beat the log book whenever possible.

Eating wise, everyone is different. Have a client now two weeks out who looks like crap on a low carb regime. When carbs are added even in moderate amounts it's oh my god here is the next Arnold. Experiment to see what works for you and realize that a great portion of the population have food allergies. Find out what they are and you will look and feel better.

As far a drugs, I have no comment.

Less is more;)

Great post by some great contributors...Thanks to them and I think many would benefit from Big A's article "Growth principals for beginners" ...truly some solid info.

building muscle is far a simpler task than many make it out to be. first and foremost its probably a good idea to forget everything you think you know about building a monster, and follow the K.I.S.S. rule (keep it simple stupid!). follow only 3 or 4 rules.
always train out of your comfort zone, push heavier and heavier weights every time.
allow time to recover.
eat, eat,eat,eat,eat.
yeah you can get technical about how many grams of this and how many grams of that. but if your like me and its insanely hard to pack on muscle just for the love of god eat. 2-3 grams of protien per lb of bodyweight will sure as hell pack on the mass. if you want to obsess about something, which is something we all do verry well obsessing over trivial details, obsess over chewing on meat all the time. worry about getting stronger and getting the food down your throat. if you worry about asymmetries(god i cant spell) and having your bicep "pop" during peak contraction your missing the point. worry about details AFTER you actually get big. want to be a freak? incline 420lbs for reps like dusty. deadlift 800 like ronnie coleman. get on a hammerstrength shoulderpress(again like dusty, i love those videos) and have weight on there people are going to think your trying to squat. set PR's every time you go into the gym. and DONT MISS A MEAL. most importantly other than judges at a show if you compete, noone cares how big you are. all the muscle in the world wont make you happy if its the only thing you care about. your arm size is not a measurement of your worth. enjoy your life, because at your funeral noone wil say "John was an asshole." ..."yeah but he had big arms"

I'm certainly not at the level of a pro bodybuilder but am asian with typical asian genetics and have done pretty well for myself I think.

I started lifting at 14 and 5'7" 127#'s.

I was 6' and 240 naturally before I ever touched any gear at all. This took many years of hard work and sweat. I was 30 before I touched anything.

I have been using gear for 3 years and have gone from 235-245 @ 10%bf to 265 - 270 @ 10%bf. I am very basic. Test and tren once cycle...test and winny the next. That's it.

What I've learned....99.9% of the legal supplement market is a waste of money. Never consume protein supplements when food protein is an option. My supplement bill went from $200 a month (more than my cycle!!!) to @ $40 a month. Once I made this choice and disciplined myself to get up and eat a huge breakfast and eat 5 or more times a day I started making gains and this was natural no gear at all on bad genetics.

Training: Progressively heavier weights is the key to getting bigger. Light weight workouts and half ass effort isn't gonna make you magically big unless you have amazing genetics. Go in and train your ass off and over time you will grow.

As far as diet solid meals are the way to grow. The legal supplement industry isn't gonna get you bigger, its gonna get them richer. You have to eat big to get big simple as that. Eat clean food and a lot of it and you will grow.

For gear I know that I started to soon and if I could take that back I would now. But from what I have learned from the time on it is that you slowly progress in your doses and always keep it simple. There isn't a magic supplement.

BB'ing has taught me that hard work and dedication will get you what you want...and that everything takes time. You learn so much about what you and your body is capable of doing.

What i nearly learned is dont piss customs off, someone in heaven was looking down on me that day.

Where do you begin really. I started training as a Freshman in High school for football (like so many). I soon noticed that being as short as I was I could lift heavier weight than most. The first lesson I learned and I learned this as Michigan State Wrestling camp because I wanted to be faster for football was to NEVER neglect training your legs. Since then, I have always made leg training my favorite session. (I must be sick....LOL).

I've learned to just keep it simple. My theory is if deadlifts, bench's, and squats were good enough for Arnold, Franco, Kenny Waller, etc., they're good enough for me. I like to stick to the basics. I've also learned to just go into my own world. I've noticed so many times we as trainers start worrying or noticing others who may hamper our session. I just say to hell with it and move on to a different movement. Put the earbuds in and go to work.

When it comes to gear, I've learned to be STERILE dang it!!!! Swab your vials and your site. Use clean darts each time. Them things are cheap.

Finally I think this is the most important thing I've learned, is don't be a damn hater. Just because someone is moving more weight than you (with good form) or looks better than you, don't hate, take that and use it. Try to make yourself bigger or leaner than the person you've noticed. Hell, try to strike up a convo, you may pick up some things.

And one last thing I've learned is for God's sake don't be a shmoe. The guy that dresses for the gym like it's a damn fashion show. Checks the mirror after each lift. Makes sure his hair is in all the right places when he trains. Just get some gym clothes, throw a cap on if you must, and get to work.

I have learned that being "tough" and training through pain can have very bad results

the number one thing I've learned is to not make eating, lifting, supplementing, or any other aspect of bodybuilding your main focus. Let it compliment your life, not make it's foundation.

great thread

i cant believe this thread is only 3 pages long given how old it is. but its still missing some pretty big time players in this game. i hope they decide to post. i also hope the guys who already commented chime in and tell us if theyre ideas stood the test of time.

Things that I have learned since ? Hmmmmm.......always trying to learn something......let's see'......

No 1 ......if isn't is broke don't fix it . If something is moving forward .[if you are getting bigger ,leaner , or stronger ] Don't stray from what you are doing . Take Steve Kuclo .......he did great with Justin Harris training DC style . But he let his girl and others make him think there was a better way despite how well he was doing with Justin and DC......since he's gone through several people and methods .......he still looking for the right combo and I think he had it all along . Training is not that hard .....if you are getting stronger , staying motivated , and feeling recovered you are good to go.There are no secret routine , maybe some better than others , And basics are the best , but everything works with consistant effort and nutrition .I do believe in perodization ........call it blasting and cruizing ......or whatever ......hit it hard till the wts aren't moving .....then back off and rest abit more .......start a little lighter than where you left off and keep pushing forward........consistancy is everything .....eat ,rest , recover , and train to get stronger.......the guys that have worked that into their lifetime lifestyle always look great throughout their lives. John meadows and Shelby are prime examples of this .........they don't miss meals ever ......and bust ass in the gym.......consistancy is KING!!!

Toggling is the key to progress......play with diet .......training ....and gear use .....The body doesn't like change and certainly doesn't want to become a huge muscular beast . It has adapted to create a hormonal response to your every move .......they way you counter this is simple .........Have a base training routine , diet philosophy , and gear protical [if you are enhanced ] ......stick with it ......but expect the counters that your body will come up with and beat it at it's own game.........With training ....use blasts and cruises .....with diet ....use fat loads .....carbs days .....fasts .....and cheat meals or days to your advantage .......and with gear .....stick with the basics .....but understand what you are trying to accomplish and the way to best your tools. The more I have learned about gh the more I realize that keep the doses constant is a mistake.....varried days off are needed .....peptides are smart compliments .......and so can be insulin......but do your research .....and understand what I am getting at here ......But with toggling ....you are going two steps forward one step back .....you are controlling your body and not letting it control you !!!

Recovery .....starts in the mind ........visualization is a must .....affirmations really help .....relaxation and meditation are key .....and yoga can be a real plus .......master the mind and the body will follow ......too many guys here missing the most important part of the puzzle .....Arnold was Arnold because of his mind period .....end of story ......much more than his genetics .[there have been many more gifted ,but only one Arnold] Sleep is also huge ......and I don't like perscription drugs for this .....work on relaxation.......get true protein's sleep aid ......use saunas , massage , jacuzzi's ect.......but put time into your mind , rest , and recovery .And watch your life change not just your physique ........

I could go on forever here ........seriously , there is so much I have seen and learned through the years ......I could go on and on.

One last thing off the top of my head .....is know when to say when......If you are near your strength thresholds , and have trouble adding to your lifts or gaining size despite doing everything right ......then depending on age or experience it might be time to say when ........some guys don't get that ....they just keep banging there head against the wall over and over ......the injuries start to pile up ......they start to look worse reguardless of what they do .......we are have our own genetic set points .....and yes ,we can push past them with higher and or smarter hormone proticals . But this is where the law of diminishing returns applies ......is risking your long term health or more injuries really worth it at that point ......every pro gets to that point and so will you .......the key is knowing when to say when ....down size ....be healthy ....and still enjoy the sport in a different capacity .........this is huge and having this awareness is different between a good experiece or a bad one in this endevor.[and remember ,some people peak at 21 ......ask Trey Brewer if I am lying ?]

Thats the update for now .....if you want more I am sure there is a ton to add......just don't ask for drug proticals and such ......I found my ideas through my own home work and so should you......don't play with hormones until you understand how they work and why you are doing what you are doing.

Last edited:
Things that I have learned since ? Hmmmmm.......always trying to learn something......let's see'......

No 1 ......if isn't is broke don't fix it . If something is moving forward .[if you are getting bigger ,leaner , or stronger ] Don't stray from what you are doing . Take Steve Kuclo .......he did great with Justin Harris training DC style . But he let his girl and others make him think there was a better way despite how well he was doing with Justin and DC......since he's gone through several people and methods .......he still looking for the right combo and I think he had it all along . Training is not that hard .....if you are getting stronger , staying motivated , and feeling recovered you are good to go.There are no secret routine , maybe some better than others , And basics are the best , but everything works with consistant effort and nutrition .I do believe in perodization ........call it blasting and cruizing ......or whatever ......hit it hard till the wts aren't moving .....then back off and rest abit more .......start a little lighter than where you left off and keep pushing forward........consistancy is everything .....eat ,rest , recover , and train to get stronger.......the guys that have worked that into their lifetime lifestyle always look great throughout their lives. John meadows and Shelby are prime examples of this .........they don't miss meals ever ......and bust ass in the gym.......consistancy is KING!!!

Toggling is the key to progress......play with diet .......training ....and gear use .....The body doesn't like change and certainly doesn't want to become a huge muscular beast . It has adapted to create a hormonal response to your every move .......they way you counter this is simple .........Have a base training routine , diet philosophy , and gear protical [if you are enhanced ] ......stick with it ......but expect the counters that your body will come up with and beat it at it's own game.........With training ....use blasts and cruises .....with diet ....use fat loads .....carbs days .....fasts .....and cheat meals or days to your advantage .......and with gear .....stick with the basics .....but understand what you are trying to accomplish and the way to best your tools. The more I have learned about gh the more I realize that keep the doses constant is a mistake.....varried days off are needed .....peptides are smart compliments .......and so can be insulin......but do your research .....and understand what I am getting at here ......But with toggling ....you are going two steps forward one step back .....you are controlling your body and not letting it control you !!!

Recovery .....starts in the mind ........visualization is a must .....affirmations really help .....relaxation and meditation are key .....and yoga can be a real plus .......master the mind and the body will follow ......too many guys here missing the most important part of the puzzle .....Arnold was Arnold because of his mind period .....end of story ......much more than his genetics .[there have been many more gifted ,but only one Arnold] Sleep is also huge ......and I don't like perscription drugs for this .....work on relaxation.......get true protein's sleep aid ......use saunas , massage , jacuzzi's ect.......but put time into your mind , rest , and recovery .And watch your life change not just your physique ........

I could go on forever here ........seriously , there is so much I have seen and learned through the years ......I could go on and on.

One last thing off the top of my head .....is no when to say when......If you are near your strength thresholds , and have trouble adding to your lifts or gaining size despite doing everything right ......then depending on age or experience it might be time to say when ........some guys don't get that ....they just keep banging there head against the wall over and over ......the injuries start to pile up ......they start to look worse reguardless of what they do .......we are have our own genetic set points .....and yes ,we can push past them with higher and or smarter hormone proticals . But this is where the law of diminishing returns applies ......is risking your long term health or more injuries really worth it at that point ......every pro gets to that point and so will you .......the key is knowing when to say when ....down size ....be healthy ....and still enjoy the sport in a different capacity .........this is huge and having this awareness is different between a good experiece or a bad one in this endevor.[and remember ,some people peak at 21 ......ask Trey Brewer if I am lying ?]

Thats the update for now .....if you want more I am sure there is a ton to add......just don't ask for drug proticals and such ......I found my ideas through my own home work and so should you......don't play with hormones until you understand how they work and why you are doing what you are doing.

Good post! I just can't play with the hormones. They want to put me in jail if I do!

PO

Good point PO ......seriously......why I am I a nobody bbing ? Most people I knew told me I had the looks ,balance and shape to go very far.......simple ,I got busted .....It changed my whole life and threw away many things I had worked for as well as opportunities I had .......

I just wasn't willing to take the chances again in order to compete .....I could never be a rat and my take is simple .....dont do the crime if you cant do the time.......It's been 14 yrs since and everytime I get going good in my training and looking good again.....I fight not jumping on and seeing what I could have put together .....I fight it all the time .....now , most guys will never get popped for just personal use .......but it can always happen . And if if does .......it will change you .

Make sure playing with hormones really makes sense and is worth the risk .....because you really can look great clean if you do everything right ......not freaky ......but damm good ,especially to the majoriity....

One last thing off the top of my head .....is know when to say when......If you are near your strength thresholds , and have trouble adding to your lifts or gaining size despite doing everything right ......then depending on age or experience it might be time to say when ........some guys don't get that ....they just keep banging there head against the wall over and over ......the injuries start to pile up ......they start to look worse reguardless of what they do .......we are have our own genetic set points .....and yes ,we can push past them with higher and or smarter hormone proticals . But this is where the law of diminishing returns applies ......is risking your long term health or more injuries really worth it at that point ......every pro gets to that point and so will you .......the key is knowing when to say when ....down size ....be healthy ....and still enjoy the sport in a different capacity .........this is huge and having this awareness is different between a good experiece or a bad one in this endevor.[and remember ,some people peak at 21 ......ask Trey Brewer if I am lying ?]

That statement may have been off the top of your head but I love the point you make. Priceless and quite true. And I think that's when you finally own bodybuilding vs. bodybuilding owning you.

Good point PO ......seriously......why I am I a nobody bbing ? Most people I knew told me I had the looks ,balance and shape to go very far.......simple ,I got busted .....It changed my whole life and threw away many things I had worked for as well as opportunities I had .......

I just wasn't willing to take the chances again in order to compete .....I could never be a rat and my take is simple .....dont do the crime if you cant do the time.......It's been 14 yrs since and everytime I get going good in my training and looking good again.....I fight not jumping on and seeing what I could have put together .....I fight it all the time .....now , most guys will never get popped for just personal use .......but it can always happen . And if if does .......it will change you .

Make sure playing with hormones really makes sense and is worth the risk .....because you really can look great clean if you do everything right ......not freaky ......but damm good ,especially to the majoriity....

Another damn good post bro! I agree! I'm one of those that CAN'T DO the TIME! Honest Indian! I wouldn't make it in there! I''m not the TYPE! *LOL*.

However, If I could afford to go to a country that allowed juice use responsibly done, I would be there right now, and , creating a thread in the steroid section, frolicking in complete bliss, whilst, telling you bro's all about it! *LOL*. Yah know what I mean, brah?

PO

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity