advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the dumbest thing you've done in bodybuilding?

A couple years back, I was hitting the heavy weights hard, off season and wanted to grow. My bench, DL and Squats were making significant gains.

At the same time that I normally worked out, a bunch of powerlifters would also be there. We enjoyed exchanging smack, they'd called me the "pretty boy" and I'd call them the "arm dragging gorillas".

One day, they were doing benchpress as I had just arrived into the gym. They had 450 lbs on the rack. One of them sneered at me and said pretty boy here probably couldn't even push this off the rack.

For some stupid reason, my test kicked in and I pushed him out of the way and got under the bar. Mind you, my personal best had been 425. I lifted off the bar and they then egged me on to actually try and bench it.

I hadn't even warmed up but my mind said: Do it! Well...I didn't and ended up tearing up my shoulder. I wasn't able to bench for over 6 months. Totally my fault. Not only didn't I warm up but I did something on a whim that I shouldn't have even attempted.

Lesson learned: Stay within your limit and don't let your ego get you hurt.

I almost did something similar a few weeks ago. I went upstairs to the gym area and saw two personal trainers benching together who I'm friendly with and had this thought in my head that said "let me show these pussies how it's done." I resisted but had done something similar a while back. Not a good idea without a warm up but you know how that ego goes sometimes. Wasn't 425 though.

A couple years back, I was hitting the heavy weights hard, off season and wanted to grow. My bench, DL and Squats were making significant gains.

At the same time that I normally worked out, a bunch of powerlifters would also be there. We enjoyed exchanging smack, they'd called me the "pretty boy" and I'd call them the "arm dragging gorillas".

One day, they were doing benchpress as I had just arrived into the gym. They had 450 lbs on the rack. One of them sneered at me and said pretty boy here probably couldn't even push this off the rack.

For some stupid reason, my test kicked in and I pushed him out of the way and got under the bar. Mind you, my personal best had been 425. I lifted off the bar and they then egged me on to actually try and bench it.

I hadn't even warmed up but my mind said: Do it! Well...I didn't and ended up tearing up my shoulder. I wasn't able to bench for over 6 months. Totally my fault. Not only didn't I warm up but I did something on a whim that I shouldn't have even attempted.

Lesson learned: Stay within your limit and don't let your ego get you hurt.

Lesson learned but how glorious would it have been if you’d made that lift! It wasn’t ego that put you under that bar it was BALLS and you got a pair son.

Lesson learned but how glorious would it have been if you’d made that lift! It wasn’t ego that put you under that bar it was BALLS and you got a pair son.
His balls got him 6 months of. Huge balls though.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws