advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the Most Unconventional Exercise You Do (That Gets Results)?

Cable pulldown leaning against incline bench, facing away from the machine.. Close grip, palms facing.

i read it a second time and starting to visualized the movement...in that video the guy has a wide grip....do you stick with the wide grip for the trap movement/exercise

Not quite as wide as he is doing in the video, but wider than say your normal deadlift grip. You activate the traps pretty heavily by going out a bit wider. Think of it as kind of a high pull/shrug combo

i read it a second time and starting to visualized the movement...in that video the guy has a wide grip....do you stick with the wide grip for the trap movement/exercise

I vary mine... Sometimes I'll take normal deadlift width grip and other times I'll go a little wider to activate the traps more

You can also do snatch grip deads or rack deads to help out with the traps.

Mentalflex - I mean no disrespect or offence what so ever but don't you think you are overthinking things a bit. I mean if you start training like that now what are you going to do when your 240 + ?

i would love to see a video of this exercise kind of hard to follow written out

It starts as a regular rack pull and ends like in this pic

To put it simple:

Do a traditional rack dead and instead of locking out you try to pull/upright row the bar above your junk, hold it there, repeat.

Attachments

• Kirk Karwoski.jpg
    Kirk Karwoski.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Mentalflex - I mean no disrespect or offence what so ever but don't you think you are overthinking things a bit. I mean if you start training like that now what are you going to do when your 240 + ?

What do you mean by overthinking? Do you mean using a variety of exercises? I use an exercise until I burn out with it (a la DC methodology) then swap it for another. Growth is going to come from progressive overload...use one exercise for a period of time until you can no longer overload it and change the stimulus (new exercise, training style or execution technique)

I don't use all of these at the same time. I'll do a blast and look at where i stand and see if something didn't progress as much during that last blast and then add in something unique the next blast to bring it up. I'll also vary training programs, going from something HIT style to something more akin to MD training... I'm taking my time growing intentionally, but this seems to be working so far.

I like the cable rope pull to the chest for upper back development.

I've never heard of this. Do you have a link to a video? or can you explain how to do them?

There ya go: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL7Tb4ofKUI]Hex press - YouTube[/ame]

I've got to try those

I love them...if you do a a squeeze at the top of the rep you will get a deep stimulus on these. The pump is awesome...and they are Mountain Dog approved :headbang:

hex presses are great, really hit the inner chest fibers. I like to do them to failure and then move them out to a normal press position and keep on going

Started doing the DC calf raises per this thread and I had to go buy some Taurine lol

Started doing the DC calf raises per this thread and I had to go buy some Taurine lol

LOL. Yeah that shit is like a blow torch on your calves

Sprints once a week. My legs get ripped and strength goes way up

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner