advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the Most Unconventional Exercise You Do (That Gets Results)?

Over head squats. People look at you like you're crazy. Then they want to try and have trouble with the bar.

Phil's 2 arm DB row. I love the full ROM stretch and i feel my entire back muscles doing the work(as oppose to just the lats)

After heavy DB or BB shrugs I like to finish with some high rep shrugs in the standing calf raise. Its a different feel w the weight directly on the traps and not in the hands.

After heavy DB or BB shrugs I like to finish with some high rep shrugs in the standing calf raise. Its a different feel w the weight directly on the traps and not in the hands.

I might try this. I love trap training

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Meadows Rows
Phil's double db row
Dante's rope seated rows for width (end of back workout)

Heavy DB wood choppers.

Oh and whatever the hell that guy is doing in GATORS avatar/footer, yea I do that too ;)

I've seen guys do that but never tried.

I don't think its unconventional but "moving a weight as quickly as possible but controlled" ( I quoted that because Phil wrote that in a post... best advice I've listened too)

where do I find this?!

NW

Lots of info on this over on intensemuscle. but the basic idea is, you do your calf raise excercise of your choice. You want to do the concentric part of the movement relatively explosively, lower it with about a 2-3 second negative, and then hold the bottom deepest stretch position for a slow count of 5 or so before beginning the next rep. you want to do this in the 15-20 rep range and I even occasionally rest pause them. you will have to drastically reduce the amount of weight your using, but the burn is absolutely agonizing

Incline bench using a log press. Never bothered my shoulders, and I loved being able to use a neutral grip.

shrugs in the calve raise machine makes my traps huge I use lots of weight and high reps. why more people don't do this idk?

I do that also. Great exercises . Is also like doing jump sets without actually having to walk to another machine or weight.

Also there was one that JM has posted on his site but I can't remember the name of it. You lock your ankle to anything like a lat pull down machine and use a stick to balance yourself while you slowly let yourself down and then pull yourself back up. It kills your hamstring, especially after doing squats.

Sounds like a ghettoish way to do a GHR, hamstring destroyer.

Meadows Rows - Never thought about doing them like this but they really hit your lats good

Incline DB Scoop Flies (courtesy of homonunculus) - insane Widowmaker exercise

Rack Chins - Not many people do these, but when done correctly, fry your back

Russian Knee Curls

Stiff Leg Deads using the DC 6 rep pyramid scheme

Dante's tweak on Rack Deads - Full post below

Quote - As posted on Intense muscle

"Im going to give you some big freaking traps here...so large that over time you might pause and think....Christ these are getting a little too large and I need to cut back on things here (thats not a bad place to be)....I ABSOLUTELY GUARENTEE YOU THIS THOUGH...YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE HERE WITH THIS AND IT WILL EQUAL BIGTIME TRAPS

Put these on back day if your traps are subpar.

Its a tweak of rack deadlifts.

a) in a rack
b) put safeties at right below kneecaps if you can (or lower)
c) put bar holders at a notch somewhere above safeties (why? so you can grab the bar before your first rep and SAFELY TAKE A FEW SMALL STEPS BACKWARDS and then start the movement...instead of starting from a dead start on the safeties
d) There is no bouncing off the safeties during the movement. You come to a dead stop on the bars and then pull.

Mode of movement:

grab bar with wriststraps, step safely and slowly backward, normal rack deadlift thought process, down to safeties, dead stop, pull the bar up over your "package, junk, whatever you want to call it" like you are in the beginning portion of a high pull, the bar is now above your "junk" and you are holding it there for a count of "one, one, two, three" and then back down to the safeties (dead stop), back up to "two one two three" back down to safeties (dead stop) and back up to "three one two three" and onward and onward until rep eight... which is "eight one two three four five six seven eight nine ten"...DONE.

So I dont care if you can rack deadlift 800 pounds for 8....its swallow your pride time.

The goal is always 8 reps (with all reps done with a 3 second pause in the "over the junk shrugged position") with a brutal 10 seconds on the last rep (if you can hack it)

This is done for everything including warmups....

So this would finish off your back workout and it would look like this.

135 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three
eight one two three four five six seven eight nine ten - DONE

rest

225 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three

rest

315 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three

rest

(hypothetical just throwing things out there with these weights)
365 x 6 (failure)
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three four five (last rep, couldnt make it to eight and couldnt make it to ten seconds either..blown out and spent)

****BE incredibly careful with your form...do not screw around with your neck, GET YOUR POSTURE CORRECT...especially during the holds....its very tough....especially that eighth rep so get your posture right, any rep that your posture or form starts to suffer BOOM THATS IT YOUR DONE..THATS FAILURE, DONT TAKE EVEN THE REMOTEST CHANCE...that is it! So keep you form tight on the pull, head back, and posture correct and looking straight ahead on the holds....its very important or you could hurt yourself.

recap
1) rack deadlift and semi high pull over your junk
2) hold
3) correct form and posture on the pulls and correct posture and head neck position on the holds.

My guarentee to you? Fastest trap growth of your life...thats my guarentee to you.

What would i have the above guy do next week?

145x8
235x8
325x8
and then
365 again because he didnt get it

The goal is always 8 reps and 10 seconds on the 8th rep (along with no loss of form)...if you dont get it...you stay there till you get it but you can use 2.5's or 5 pound jumps on your warmup sets next time and in fact i would encourage it.

You have my personal guarentee on this one though for traps if done correctly.

Watch the last rep on these though with that 10 seconds..its tough and brutal and again putting the bar back down on the safeties is tough at that point...dont screw up your form. "

Last edited:
Meadows Rows - Never thought about doing them like this but they really hit your lats good

Incline DB Scoop Flies (courtesy of homonunculus) - insane Widowmaker exercise

Rack Chins - Not many people do these, but when done correctly, fry your back

Russian Knee Curls

Stiff Leg Deads using the DC 6 rep pyramid scheme

Dante's tweak on Rack Deads - Full post below

Quote - As posted on Intense muscle

"Im going to give you some big freaking traps here...so large that over time you might pause and think....Christ these are getting a little too large and I need to cut back on things here (thats not a bad place to be)....I ABSOLUTELY GUARENTEE YOU THIS THOUGH...YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE HERE WITH THIS AND IT WILL EQUAL BIGTIME TRAPS

Put these on back day if your traps are subpar.

Its a tweak of rack deadlifts.

a) in a rack
b) put safeties at right below kneecaps if you can (or lower)
c) put bar holders at a notch somewhere above safeties (why? so you can grab the bar before your first rep and SAFELY TAKE A FEW SMALL STEPS BACKWARDS and then start the movement...instead of starting from a dead start on the safeties
d) There is no bouncing off the safeties during the movement. You come to a dead stop on the bars and then pull.

Mode of movement:

grab bar with wriststraps, step safely and slowly backward, normal rack deadlift thought process, down to safeties, dead stop, pull the bar up over your "package, junk, whatever you want to call it" like you are in the beginning portion of a high pull, the bar is now above your "junk" and you are holding it there for a count of "one, one, two, three" and then back down to the safeties (dead stop), back up to "two one two three" back down to safeties (dead stop) and back up to "three one two three" and onward and onward until rep eight... which is "eight one two three four five six seven eight nine ten"...DONE.

So I dont care if you can rack deadlift 800 pounds for 8....its swallow your pride time.

The goal is always 8 reps (with all reps done with a 3 second pause in the "over the junk shrugged position") with a brutal 10 seconds on the last rep (if you can hack it)

This is done for everything including warmups....

So this would finish off your back workout and it would look like this.

135 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three

rest

225 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three

rest

315 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three

rest

(hypothetical just throwing things out there with these weights)
365 x 6 (failure)
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three four five (last rep, couldnt make it to eight and couldnt make it to ten seconds either..blown out and spent)

****BE incredibly careful with your form...do not screw around with your neck, GET YOUR POSTURE CORRECT...especially during the holds....its very tough....especially that eighth rep so get your posture right, any rep that your posture or form starts to suffer BOOM THATS IT YOUR DONE..THATS FAILURE, DONT TAKE EVEN THE REMOTEST CHANCE...that is it! So keep you form tight on the pull, head back, and posture correct and looking straight ahead on the holds....its very important or you could hurt yourself.

recap
1) rack deadlift and semi high pull over your junk
2) hold
3) correct form and posture on the pulls and correct posture and head neck position on the holds.

My guarentee to you? Fastest trap growth of your life...thats my guarentee to you.

What would i have the above guy do next week?

145x8
235x8
325x8
and then
365 again because he didnt get it

The goal is always 8 reps and 10 seconds on the 8th rep (along with no loss of form)...if you dont get it...you stay there till you get it but you can use 2.5's or 5 pound jumps on your warmup sets next time and in fact i would encourage it.

You have my personal guarentee on this one though for traps if done correctly.

Watch the last rep on these though with that 10 seconds..its tough and brutal and again putting the bar back down on the safeties is tough at that point...dont screw up your form. "

i would love to see a video of this exercise kind of hard to follow written out

i would love to see a video of this exercise kind of hard to follow written out

Basically this, but not done as explosively and your not gonna come all the way up. It's like a partial high pull
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KiwhrEkUXU]Christian Thibaudeau Snatch High Pull - 180 Kg - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner