over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What other hobbies do you guys have?

Talents and Abilities

Aloha PM,

When we have an interest, many times it will lead to a passion that opens us up to an unknown ability that has been dormant. I believe that each individual is only using a very small amount of their total abilities.

As expressed in this post, there is a broad mix of abilities and interests. Yes, this is a bodybuilding site for bodybuilders of varying degrees, however there is so much more to who we are, and what we can do.

Interest+Passion+focus+intention+perserverance=unlimited potential.

Surfing, bike riding, traveling, learning something new daily, writing, helping the less fortunate, ecology.

A hui ho,

V

Last edited:
You ever come across a bike from the late 70s or early to mid 80s that is turbocharged? A friend of mine had an older brother that used to ride one. It was a Suzuki maybe? Been a long time. Im pretty sure it was a turbo, but it might have been a supercharger. Weird because you don't see that on modern bikes do you?

The guy used to ride it down our street an entire block doing a wheelie. I thought he was so cool. This was back when I idolized Evil Knievel.

Is it me or does turbo lag on a bike seem kinda dangerous? Especially if it's that old, the old turbo's had some serious lag.

making $$$ and traveling:headbang::p

Is it me or does turbo lag on a bike seem kinda dangerous? Especially if it's that old, the old turbo's had some serious lag.

I wonder. I bet it didn't have a lot though because the turbo wouldn't have to be very big and would spool up pretty fast because of that.

Watching him speed down the street it didn't seem to lag at all!

I think this might have been what he had, and at the time it was brand new.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_XN85

Last edited:
Fiancé and I own a farm in Missouri. Just bred or first horse in hopes of producing top level hunter and jumpers 5–8 years down the road. Running a barn with 20 horses is so much more work than I thought. Lolll

Fiancé and I own a farm in Missouri. Just bred or first horse in hopes of producing top level hunter and jumpers 5–8 years down the road. Running a barn with 20 horses is so much more work than I thought. Lolll

That sounds amazing. Must be so exciting to have a baby horse born like that and wondering what his/her skill level is going to be like. One of my cousins loves horses and is a large animal vet. She works a lot on horses and owns a stable full of them at her place too. She used to ride them in competition when she was in college.

So do you mind sharing what you do?

Late 20’s now and mid 20’s at the time of buying a 300k car has me curious lol it’s not exactly an average thing.. Even if you have payments it must be like what? 5-10k a month? Lol not hating, I just think about what I would need to justify that so just wondering..
Haha see I'm frugal and always buy cars that are 1-3 years old and got the kinks worked out and initial depreciation out of the way (although ferrari's are odd where depending on the model/time they don't depreciate much for quite awhile. at least in this current economic atmosphere) I am just a software dev and tech guy. I paid the car off already but yea i'm not some millionaire just decent six figure salary with zero debt and really good with money/numbers (was finance major in college).

I love 458’s. I remember that this car show there was a 458 next to a new Gallardo and this guy kept on talking about how the Gallardo would blow away Ferrari ‘s as Lambos are faster. I was like uhgggg I don’t think you realize the Gallardo is actually kind of slow.
lmao yea they are definitely 'slow' in comparison to the newer sports cars. they've all just evolved way TOO much since 2004 to even compare them really. I always liked the looking and have considered adding a gated spyder to the garage. just need to justify the purchase

That is great that you can do most of the labor on your own, im impressed. I wish I could do that.

Right now my 911 turbo is in the shop getting work done on the camshafts, there is a known defect in the 997 Mezger engine's camshafts. They had to take the engine and transmission out, 2nd time ive had it out too. The labor cost is really high. Id save so much if I could do it on my own, but that is high skill stuff.
Not really as high skilled as you think. All the unlbolting/bolting you can do yourself. The machining/pressing of parts just take to your local machine shop. All you need is a garage, ton of hand tools, the internet, and a fuckload of time! I've pulled motors, transmissions, etc. All from watching YouTube and reading on car forums.

I had to quit that hobby because of the money and time needed. After I raise the kids I'll be back at it! [emoji4]

Not really as high skilled as you think. All the unlbolting/bolting you can do yourself. The machining/pressing of parts just take to your local machine shop. All you need is a garage, ton of hand tools, the internet, and a fuckload of time! I've pulled motors, transmissions, etc. All from watching YouTube and reading on car forums.

I had to quit that hobby because of the money and time needed. After I raise the kids I'll be back at it! [emoji4]

Exactly! Why I can get away with it currently ... i've got no kids and I purposefully stay single. One person without dependents who is financially savvy can stretch a 180k salary pretty far with the right investing/planning. Ballin on a budget lol

Haha see I'm frugal and always buy cars that are 1-3 years old and got the kinks worked out and initial depreciation out of the way (although ferrari's are odd where depending on the model/time they don't depreciate much for quite awhile. at least in this current economic atmosphere) I am just a software dev and tech guy. I paid the car off already but yea i'm not some millionaire just decent six figure salary with zero debt and really good with money/numbers (was finance major in college).

lmao yea they are definitely 'slow' in comparison to the newer sports cars. they've all just evolved way TOO much since 2004 to even compare them really. I always liked the looking and have considered adding a gated spyder to the garage. just need to justify the purchase

They really open up a lot with headers and a tune. Nice thing is you can get them with low miles for around $80k. Worst part is the doors open regular. Lambos should all flip up that’s their trademark. The 458 holds its value much more. My dream car is LaFerrari but more realistic dream car is an Aventador when it drops to $150k

Although nothing can touch the new Tesla. Consistent daily drive 8.9’s on street tires lol. Only problem is you ca run an 8.9 and nobody can even hear the car.

Last edited:
when my wife and her boyfriend are having their 'adult time', i'll take their sons to the park to throw around the ol' pig skin

Exactly! Why I can get away with it currently ... i've got no kids and I purposefully stay single. One person without dependents who is financially savvy can stretch a 180k salary pretty far with the right investing/planning. Ballin on a budget lol

I mean this in the friendliest way;

But I see now why you do all the work on your car lol and I think it’s amazing you can, too..

But yea with that kind of salary, you can definitely afford the car and many things in life, especially if you’re smart which you seem to be..

But story time lol;

Have a close friend who has a friend who decided because he made a good salary and he could afford exotic cars that he could afford everything about the car...

Well dude buys a F430 used (this was a years ago when the 458 first came out), about 120k, they’re still baller, I love them personally...

Dude fucks up the clutch and gets like a 13k bill... He wanted to fucking die..

“Bro wtf blah blah blah”

People always forget to include maintenance and accidents into the equation, especially with a toy that expensive...

His 160k a year salary (before taxes) didn’t seem to be so big that year... Needless to say he got rid of the car...

I used to have a 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo. Miss that car.

I miss the shit out of my 87 rx-7 turbo II. That car was an absolute monster. Garret td06 20g turbo. It had a pretty aggressive bridge port on the rotary motor. Ported throttle body with first butterflies removed. Copper clutch. Aftermarket intercooler and blow off valve. Made about 27 psi of boost. I removed all factory engine components for smog and emissions(Utah has no emissions testing laws...you just have to have your factory catalytic convertor so i would put it back on every other year when it was testing time) it had a straight exhaust with no mufflers or cats. blew huge flames out the exhaust, lol. I removed the factory oil pump and had to pre mix it like a two stroke motor. Ran 100 low lead airplane fuel in it. I had a buddy that worked at a small airport that id get it from. Fastest track time i ever ran on it was a 10.26 quarter. That car was such a blast and when i moved to AZ i sold it to my buddy

I mean this in the friendliest way;

But I see now why you do all the work on your car lol and I think it’s amazing you can, too..

But yea with that kind of salary, you can definitely afford the car and many things in life, especially if you’re smart which you seem to be..

But story time lol;

Have a close friend who has a friend who decided because he made a good salary and he could afford exotic cars that he could afford everything about the car...

Well dude buys a F430 used (this was a years ago when the 458 first came out), about 120k, they’re still baller, I love them personally...

Dude fucks up the clutch and gets like a 13k bill... He wanted to fucking die..

“Bro wtf blah blah blah”

People always forget to include maintenance and accidents into the equation, especially with a toy that expensive...

His 160k a year salary (before taxes) didn’t seem to be so big that year... Needless to say he got rid of the car...

Haha yup! No offense taken man - If i had the kind of money I could just throw around then i probably wouldn't have forced myself to become a DIY'er. I did, too, choose the 458 because it's a DCT dual clutch box which is leaps and bounds more reliable than the f1 in the f430's (i used to have an f430 - i love the look of them, too, but they are such a step back compared to the new supercars). 458's are really reliable and I do alright in the markets and with cryptos in the past so big bill wouldn't impact me financially where id be struggling but it would absolutely hurt given my salary. So far no issues I've had a few supercars and haven't had a moment of "fuck I've made a mistake" couple big bills but i just expect it and have a side slush fund for it

I miss the shit out of my 87 rx-7 turbo II. That car was an absolute monster. Garret td06 20g turbo. It had a pretty aggressive bridge port on the rotary motor. Ported throttle body with first butterflies removed. Copper clutch. Aftermarket intercooler and blow off valve. Made about 27 psi of boost. I removed all factory engine components for smog and emissions(Utah has no emissions testing laws...you just have to have your factory catalytic convertor so i would put it back on every other year when it was testing time) it had a straight exhaust with no mufflers or cats. blew huge flames out the exhaust, lol. I removed the factory oil pump and had to pre mix it like a two stroke motor. Ran 100 low lead airplane fuel in it. I had a buddy that worked at a small airport that id get it from. Fastest track time i ever ran on it was a 10.26 quarter. That car was such a blast and when i moved to AZ i sold it to my buddy

I remember back when I would Street race this guy had a heavily modded 94 RX-7 and absolutely smoked this 99 SS camero with 150 shot and heads/cam. The thing was a Monster. Only thing that could beat it was this 900whp Supra that was a daily driver but it could only pull it on the freeway. That Supra smoked 1000cc bikes.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311