yms-GIF-210x65-SB
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What shorts/shoes/shirt do you wear? (summer/fall focused attire)

Flex500

Registered
Hello everyone. I like bullet points or I'll yammer on too long so here goes...

• I'm trying to find a utility type of short that I could train in, wear casually, or even actually throw a polo on and it look decent. I've seen people mention these https://truewerk.com/products/mens-t1-werkshort. I do like a 5-6" inseam, yes that's pretty short. I've actually found a few pairs of performance pants I could wear to a meeting, dinner, or train in.
  • Shoes...I'd also like a pair of "do it all shoes". I just got a pair of whitin "casual barefoot shoes". I literally want a pair of shoes I can wear to a meeting OR to train in. I'll keep you all posted. Curious if any other recommendations.
  • Shirts: I stick with a tank under a performance type button down. I am curious what tanks you all prefer or even business casual button downs/polos you all prefer?

If it seems like I am trying to find outfits that do it all, you are right. For example monday I will have a cross country flight, go to a (business casual) meeting, a dinner, and will stop at a gym on the way to my hotel. I pack very light when I travel so the least clothing possible, the better.

My man great thread I'm doing the same for summer, it's about being versatile.

Pants - used to wear joggers but getting too hot so getting into shorts. The ones you posted I don't like that you may need a belt, wouldn't want to train with a belt.

Shoes - I like combat boots with them or a pair of black new balance. Thinking of getting some black converse all star...not chucks but the comfortable ones.

I see people wearing the no Bull at gym wish stores had them, not buying shoes I haven't arleast tried on to know my size.

Match socks to shoes/boots, so black.

Been enjoying "gymreaper" and "gymlife" shirts lately. Tight around the arms, loose around the waist (but not too loose), fits the chest area well

Been getting a lot of compliments in them lately

I can't give you a one-shot solution but some of these may help.

Shorts:
  • Fila athletic shorts I've had for 10 years
  • Adidas soccer shorts (gym only)
  • Monsta Clothing shorts and sweatshorts
  • CRZ Yoga golf khakis (from Amazon) - these could be the all-in-one utility shorts you want
Shoes:
  • Ariat cowboy boots
  • Nike Air Force 1 Special Field (gym only)
  • Adidas slides
Shirt:
  • Under Armor tech t-shirt
  • Cody James polos (Boot Barn store brand, excellent fit)
  • Moonshine Spirit button downs
  • Graphic tees / band tees / etc.

YoungLA and TLF are my go to for workout attire. YoungLA will have some cheap daily shorts you can wear that are versatile.

If you want some nicer looking and feeling clothes Barbell Apparel is great, but just make sure you size up. 😂

State and Liberty is great for dressier attire and is well made.

Shoes I’m all about Nike and NOBULL.

Anything athletic fit for bodybuilding is overpriced IMO.

I can't give you a one-shot solution but some of these may help.

Shorts:
  • Fila athletic shorts I've had for 10 years
  • Adidas soccer shorts (gym only)
  • Monsta Clothing shorts and sweatshorts
  • CRZ Yoga golf khakis (from Amazon) - these could be the all-in-one utility shorts you want
Shoes:
  • Ariat cowboy boots
  • Nike Air Force 1 Special Field (gym only)
  • Adidas slides
Shirt:
  • Under Armor tech t-shirt
  • Cody James polos (Boot Barn store brand, excellent fit)
  • Moonshine Spirit button downs
  • Graphic tees / band tees / etc.
NICE! Thanks!!!

YoungLA and TLF are my go to for workout attire. YoungLA will have some cheap daily shorts you can wear that are versatile.

If you want some nicer looking and feeling clothes Barbell Apparel is great, but just make sure you size up. 😂

State and Liberty is great for dressier attire and is well made.

Shoes I’m all about Nike and NOBULL.

Anything athletic fit for bodybuilding is overpriced IMO.
sweet thanks man!

I wear scrubs all day when I’m visiting customers and pretty much everything for the gym is either Gasp or UnderArmour, and I have about 25 pair of Project Rock shoes…it’s a problem!😂😂😂

I got a few clothes off Amazon out of Germany. Stay away from Chinese clothes though. Most are too small and cheaply made. I picked up some real nice fitting tank tops. I also got 2 T Shirts that fit perfect, I just ordered another one. My shoes are mostly Sketcher sneakers. I ride my Motorcycle wearing Lugz boots. They are comfortable. Harley wants too much money. I also wear jeans when going out places. Levis loose fitting. Shorts I get in stores for perfect fit. The ones I got are for dry or wet. If they get wet they dry fast,

As for accessories none for me with my OCD..not a good idea. I do have a wallet chain but use it for my key fob. Lost one once never again and they aren't cheap to replace.

Being an older guy I am stuck in the 80s grunge look for the gym. Sweat pants cut just over the knee and flannel lumberjack shirt with sleeves cut just above the elbow. Hot and humid summer months Neleus (Amazon) shorts and tank tops. As for shoes ..... I wear Oakley Tactical Boots nearly all the time.

They are flexible, light weight, versatile, breathe well, and are relatively nice looking. To me they are as comfortable as high end running shoes, offer the ankle support of high tops or regular combat boots.....yet they "match" whatever I am in, be it gym, casual, or work clothes. Functionally they are good for riding my motorcycle, riding the horses, or doing farm chores.

Nice to not have to go to work in dress shoes, to dinner in casual shoes, and then to the gym in athletic shoes (turning my car into a locker room).

The only exception is work days that I visit clients in a suit and wear Brogues. Otherwise my office is business casual and these look fine with slacks. 71nZOZsBkdL._AC_SY695_.jpg

love it guys....keep em coming. Placed a couple orders already lol.

Tasc Carrolton Classic's for the gym
Talentless Heavyweight Sweatshorts outside of gym
Dri Fit t's
All black Hoka Bondi 8 SR.

41 and I LOVE my Senior shoes!!! :D Got backups and can't wait for the Bondi9.

Being an older guy I am stuck in the 80s grunge look for the gym. Sweat pants cut just over the knee and flannel lumberjack shirt with sleeves cut just above the elbow. Hot and humid summer months Neleus (Amazon) shorts and tank tops. As for shoes ..... I wear Oakley Tactical Boots nearly all the time.

They are flexible, light weight, versatile, breathe well, and are relatively nice looking. To me they are as comfortable as high end running shoes, offer the ankle support of high tops or regular combat boots.....yet they "match" whatever I am in, be it gym, casual, or work clothes. Functionally they are good for riding my motorcycle, riding the horses, or doing farm chores.

Nice to not have to go to work in dress shoes, to dinner in casual shoes, and then to the gym in athletic shoes (turning my car into a locker room).

The only exception is work days that I visit clients in a suit and wear Brogues. Otherwise my office is business casual and these look fine with slacks.View attachment 198706
Definitely like these combat boots and shorts is where it's at, mine are as comfortable as a sneaker. Are these zip up?

Definitely like these combat boots and shorts is where it's at, mine are as comfortable as a sneaker. Are these zip up?
QB....these Oakleys are not zip up. Laces all the way.

I have a collection of combat boots that go back to my USMC days in the late eighties and have had everything from the big clunky ones, to all leather, to zip up, to web mesh..... the zips are certainly convenient. These Oakleys are my favorite ever though.

When they first arrived and I wore them for a week and liked them so much I actually ordered two other pair that are stashed in a closet as backups just in case when these ones fail, they are not made or available anymore.

QB....these Oakleys are not zip up. Laces all the way.

I have a collection of combat boots that go back to my USMC days in the late eighties and have had everything from the big clunky ones, to all leather, to zip up, to web mesh..... the zips are certainly convenient. These Oakleys are my favorite ever though.

When they first arrived and I wore them for a week and liked them so much I actually ordered two other pair that are stashed in a closet as backups just in case when these ones fail, they are not made or available anymore.
Nice! I'm big into combs boots hell sometime I'll even spot a nice pair at a flea market...unlike shoes they look fine used. Any reccomendations on ones that can be found in stores vs ordering? I have a brown pair I wear whenever I can...need a black. I got a pair of Nike manoa boots too I wear with shorts that look good. I assume you wear yours with shorts? I just started the look even better than with joggers or jeans. I wear the crew socks they stick out about once inch above the boot. I'm a fashion duntz so Ill check online to make sure my "style" isn't too bad apparently for the combat boots shorts 1 inch of sock showing is what looks best

Nice! I'm big into combs boots hell sometime I'll even spot a nice pair at a flea market...unlike shoes they look fine used. Any reccomendations on ones that can be found in stores vs ordering? I have a brown pair I wear whenever I can...need a black. I got a pair of Nike manoa boots too I wear with shorts that look good. I assume you wear yours with shorts? I just started the look even better than with joggers or jeans. I wear the crew socks they stick out about once inch above the boot. I'm a fashion duntz so Ill check online to make sure my "style" isn't too bad apparently for the combat boots shorts 1 inch of sock showing is what looks best
I do wear mine with shorts, but not because of fashion, just because I always wear shorts to the gym...even in the dead of winter....as I am one of those guys who is always hot so sweatpants just cook me and I find shorts way more comfortable.

I am in my late fifties and even when I was young, I can't claim to have had much of a sense of fashion...so not really sure how to make any style recommendations. Outside of my career / business office dress code- I am sure most would say my style is "rural redneck boomer" ..lol.

As for recommendations...while the Oakleys are my favorite I have also owned and liked Under Armour and 5:11 tactical boots. Reebok makes tactical boots but I don't particularly like the look, although I have never tried a pair. I am told that the Nike Tactical boots are pretty good, but don't know first hand.

I believe you can find the Under Armour boots at Cabela's and you can usually find old school real combat boots at a military surplus store, but I have always bought all of mine on line.

Hope this is helpful

I love these quiksilver amphibian shorts. Super light and comfortable, can wear out with a tshirt during the day or with a polo to go out to dinner. I live in a hot climate so never wear long pants, these are my go to for going out, I have a bunch of pairs. They sit right above the knee will show a little quad if you got big legs

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BOHICAhtx
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins