over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What they were taking in the 80's

1987 NPC Winner:

ZpH7S.jpg

2016 NPC Winner:

2490935.jpg
I'll be honest... I love this comparison.

Not because of the whole quality of juice aspect besides for the addition of slin and gh.

I love this comparison because it shows the remarkable difference in conditioning and symmetry.

Shawn as an amateur here looks fucking unreal compared to almost 90% of amateurs of this generation (my generation).

I don't think a physique can depict how great or potent gear was in any time period due to genetics, eating habits, training, and of course WORK ETHIC. I think what these photos show is the true lack of importance conditioning and proportion have compared to today's standards.

Fuck the bullshit gear discussion it's nothing that can be proven and everyone will stick to there own opinion! What the hell happened to standards of bodybuilding and the importance of conditioning and aesthetics?!?!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

1987 NPC Heavyweight Champion

**broken link removed**

2015 NPC Heavyweight Champion

1719880.jpg

i love how we are comparing off stage shots to on stage shots lol

sure, Shawn one of best ever... there were plenty back then that didn't look like him either... Flex wheeler wasn't flex wheeler bc he was on a pharma vs whatever drol.. nothing to do with brand drugs... not understanding how u can pick and choose specific world class pros out from 30 years ago, compare them to C level guys in a year of your choosing now... and say, well see, better drugs :confused::confused::confused:

USA winner last year

Attachments

• 41638-rasheed-oldacre-7_thumb.jpg
    41638-rasheed-oldacre-7_thumb.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
I´d much rather be 6ft 230 than a lot heavier and have my fucking belly arrive at the gym 30 seconds before I do and be huffing and puffing from the twenty steps I had to take from the car to the gym door. It wasn´t magic that created Berry´s physique it was sanity and an appreciation of aesthetics, no need to ridicule him since what´s ridiculous (IMHO) is guys today looking like they´re carrying triplets onstage.

Great post.

All the Pro's from the 80's were taking stuff that you simply cannot get anymore.

Long before DOGGCRAPP....We had Cybergenics.

DNP? HotStuff

Insulin? Vanadyl Sulfate

Anadrol? Boron

:D

i love how we are comparing off stage shots to on stage shots lol

sure, Shawn one of best ever... there were plenty back then that didn't look like him either... Flex wheeler wasn't flex wheeler bc he was on a pharma vs whatever drol.. nothing to do with brand drugs... not understanding how u can pick and choose specific world class pros out from 30 years ago, compare them to C level guys in a year of your choosing now... and say, well see, better drugs :confused::confused::confused:

USA winner last year

THANK YOU. My god these are the most bias comparisons I've seen lmao. Compare the AVERAGES of the two decades and let's see who's bigger and more conditioned huh???

Alright, let's do it. Can I get help?

Olympia 1983
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0-EJnpGkms"]Samir Bannout,Mohamed Makkawy,Lee Haney | Finals Mr Olympia 1983 - YouTube[/ame]

Olympia 1989
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evrkW2CyM_k"]MR. OLYMPIA 1989 - bodybuilding του Joe Weider's Olympia - YouTube[/ame]

Olympia 2010
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNrXkhEpBpw"]Mr Olympia Pre Judging bodybuilding - YouTube[/ame]

Olympia 2016
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQf0GRWJe4g"]Mr Olympia 2016 Final Posedown - YouTube[/ame]

I don't see any conditioning pluses for the 80s guys, and the size differences is incredible

Last edited:
Yep...those guys have great conditioning.....2 of the 3 of them are dead...but great conditioning.

Are you sure? Look at the conditioning of these guys:

benaziza.jpg

d30ec9ffb18654c84fd1cb4f8a27f68f.jpg

gary1.jpg

Andreas is only one remarkably different conditioning in those pics.. but no-one else looked like that ever lol... and he died, RIP

other 2 pics are good, but nothing i haven't seen from the bests of today...

But lets not forget what we are talking about and the argument that was presented....that the 80s had some crazy different brands of drugs that worked better then a different brand of the same drug today....20mg of 1980s dbol somehow > then 20mg of todays... it makes no sense to me...

20399_1.jpg

Last edited:
I´d much rather be 6ft 230 than a lot heavier and have my fucking belly arrive at the gym 30 seconds before I do and be huffing and puffing from the twenty steps I had to take from the car to the gym door. It wasn´t magic that created Berry´s physique it was sanity and an appreciation of aesthetics, no need to ridicule him since what´s ridiculous (IMHO) is guys today looking like they´re carrying triplets onstage.
well..no flame but...say what you want but WE the fans are the result of the bigger faster stronger shit going on today and the bloated muscles. And it's everywhere look at baseball or football physiques 10 20 even 30 years ago.
I always chuckle when people claim the 72 dolphins are the greatest football team of all time, they couldn't be a HS team today.

I don't know if the men's sport will ever self destruct like women's bb'ing did and continues to erode, but we see new freaks a lot more often than we did back in the day.

well..no flame but...say what you want but WE the fans are the result of the bigger faster stronger shit going on today and the bloated muscles. And it's everywhere look at baseball or football physiques 10 20 even 30 years ago.
I always chuckle when people claim the 72 dolphins are the greatest football team of all time, they couldn't be a HS team today.

I don't know if the men's sport will ever self destruct like women's bb'ing did and continues to erode, but we see new freaks a lot more often than we did back in the day.

Bigger, faster, stronger doesn´t always mean better, today´s NBA basketball is pretty crappy to watch compared to that of 20 years ago and no one here will live to see a better basketball team than the USA´s 1992 Olympic team, there´s an element of skill and natural talent to every sport that seems to be taking second place to height and muscle, now everyone is looking for the next Usain Bolt even if it´s to play lawn bowls.

Men´s sport is already dying when its participants are self destructing and some of our brothers are dying in their 40´s, even Arnold had to speak out against the direction abdomens are taking. What´s funny is you don´t see those on women, it would be fucking gross wouldn´t it? Then why are they tolerated on men?

Of course the 72 Dolphins weren't the greatest team...The 85' Bears were the greatest team of all time Gawddammit!!! RIP Walter Payton.

Bigger, faster, stronger doesn´t always mean better, today´s NBA basketball is pretty crappy to watch compared to that of 20 years ago and no one here will live to see a better basketball team than the USA´s 1992 Olympic team,

More fun to watch back then? Yes, for a variety of reasons. Talent isn't one of them though. Today's stars overall are superior to the talent in the 90s.

These drugs nowadays from Chinese pharmacies are cut and underdosed. Why do you think people take up to 100 mg of dbol or 400 mg adrol. Underdosed garbage compared to quality 80's gear which at the above doses would be all bad. How many blasting 2 or 3 grams of weak Chinese pharmacies test to look basic. In 80's 750 to 1,000 was a ton.

Last edited:
I have tested many Chinese pharmacies against my Rx trt. They all come up short....have me at 500- 700. When Rx has me at 900. Same dose. One is cut.

Last edited:
These drugs nowadays from Chinese pharmacies are cut and underdosed. Why do you think people take up to 100 mg of dbol or 400 mg adrol. Underdosed garbage compared to quality 80's gear which at the above doses would be all bad. How many blasting 2 or 3 grams of weak Chinese pharmacies test to look basic. In 80's 750 to 1,000 was a ton.

750-1000mg is still a solid dose today. If anyone is blasting 2-3g to look basic it's because they are morons, has nothing to do with the gear.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear