over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What unique things do you demand/look for in a pre-workout

I think you should try Jay Cutler's Amplify 2.0. The main ingredient you shared is somewhat obsolete and I think that if you like that - you might love Citrulline, Arginine Nitrate + Coconut Water Powder with electrolytes.
I’ve heard great things about the cutler brand.

Because glycerol makes things clump and you'll often times get rock hard content in the canister after a short bit of time. I do agree that 5-8g of Hydromax is a great addition..but I add it afterwards. The only product I have seen glycerol/hydromax in that didnt clump was MPA Celluvol.
I see, didn't know that 😉

Easy:

1) Glycerol (can't comprehend why not every pre-workout has it in them)

2) Geranamine (banned substance though so probably not what you meant)
The powder is VERY hygroscopic and no matter how many desiccant packs they put in there it will clump sooner or later and this results in TONS of un-educated consumers demanding their money back because "it went bad." Also the cost to get a decent dose in there of the powder vs the liquid is IMO not worth it.

Getting x of every 10 units returned really eats into profits and simply becomes not worth it for companies.

Citrulline (malate in particular) is my favorite at 6-12g. There is now Citrulline Nitrate which you'll find very rarely since they require an enormous buy-in to utilize it.

Beta-alanine I have never felt I could notice the difference. Unfortunately, I think it is one of those things that needs to be on the label or you might lose sales. The loading phase in ridiculous...and you should really be taking it 2-3x a day over a long period of time to have it built up.
I had a customer come in once demanding a refund for the his recent pre purchase because, "It didn't work." When I asked some follow-up questions he disclosed that he was experiencing zero tingles and therefor it was not "working." When I informed him that there was NO BA in the product and that is what causes the tingles..................he was not very happy with my response. I will NEVER understand how people can be so incredibly uniformed about something they are ingesting daily. I don't expect people to be armature chemists but come on.

The powder is VERY hygroscopic and no matter how many desiccant packs they put in there it will clump sooner or later and this results in TONS of un-educated consumers demanding their money back because "it went bad." Also the cost to get a decent dose in there of the powder vs the liquid is IMO not worth it.

Getting x of every 10 units returned really eats into profits and simply becomes not worth it for companies.
100% Correct.
I still have no idea how they made Celluvol so powdery with 5g of it per serving..

It's also just too easy to buy bulk hydromax and add it after the fact compared to what you are facing if you try to include it. By the way this happens with all Glycerol products including monostearate and Glycersize.

Where do the 70 calories in Pre Jym X come from? Label only lists 1g carbs and counting the aminos as protein doesn't get there.
I did some maths:

70 calories / 4 = 17.5 grams

1g dextrose +
4g beta-alanine +
6g BCAA +
1g Taurine +
1.5g tyrosine +
4g creatine(OR 4g betaine)+
= 17.5g of aminos/carbs/and amino comprised compounds x 4 calories per gram = 70 calories.

At least that's what I come up with...............................yes I have some time on my hands right now and I like to figure shit out lol.

Thanks, I wasn't aware this is such an issue with Glycerol powder 👍

Can u elaborate why u think this?
I'm not knight but I will weigh in on this one:

Pros
It worked as claimed, always a plus.
It was instant motivation on demand IF IF IF you liked it.
It sold incredibly well

Cons
It caused 99% of the market to be focused on it and now chasing it's feeling resulting in a stims arm race of sorts
Set the bar unreasonably high for an OTC stim.
Caused people to think a pre needs to have them running through walls or it's "bunk"
Broke your dick for many
Absolutely had side effects in many users and was risky for anyone with a health condition(known and unknown)
Grabbed regulatory attention which is NEVER good for the industry
Legendary crash for many
Created LAZY innovative lacking companies living in stim addicted consumers and creating ZERO added value to the industry.

I think EVERYTHING should be available and consumers who are adults should make their own choices but as someone in the supp biz this is what I observed.

Pros
It sold incredibly well

Cons
It caused 99% of the market to be focused on it and now chasing it's feeling resulting in a stims arm race of sorts
Caused people to think a pre needs to have them running through walls or it's "bunk"
Broke your dick for many
Absolutely had side effects in many users and was risky for anyone with a health condition(known and unknown)
Legendary crash for many
Created LAZY innovative lacking companies living in stim addicted consumers and creating ZERO added value to the industry.

I think EVERYTHING should be available and consumers who are adults should make their own choices but as someone in the supp biz this is what I observed.
I appreciate your reply. I've used many with DMAA and DMHA. I gotta admit, they give me a long lasting boost the carries me thru the day that nothing has ever given me before, well after I've left the gym. Ive worked a very physically demanding job for the past 25 yrs and I've even taken them just before work to get thru a 10-12 hour day. I have to admit I'm much more productive in the gym and out of the gym using a strong pre and I've never considered myself lazy. Unfortunately I have experienced the ED issue and it's a definite factor and the ultimate reason I stopped using them at all. NOTHING is worth taking that can ruin my sex life.

Pros
It sold incredibly well

Cons
Broke your dick for many
Legendary crash for many

I was going to say not healthy, made me nauseous, and broke dicks everywhere..but Totalrecomp Giancarlo Stanton'd this one.

Nevermind I tried to put up a GIF but failed.

I appreciate your reply. I've used many with DMAA and DMHA. I gotta admit, they give me a long lasting boost the carries me thru the day that nothing has ever given me before, well after I've left the gym. Ive worked a very physically demanding job for the past 25 yrs and I've even taken them just before work to get thru a 10-12 hour day. I have to admit I'm much more productive in the gym and out of the gym using a strong pre and I've never considered myself lazy. Unfortunately I have experienced the ED issue and it's a definite factor and the ultimate reason I stopped using them at all. NOTHING is worth taking that can ruin my sex life.

It was also WILDLY inconsistent with how it affected users. Some loved it and others hated it.

I use recommended products from Elvi his pre work out thread is unmatched. Even if a product changes formula or name brand he’s on top of it. The thread has detailed personal experiences and a good place to catch up on what’s new in the market.

I really like Rich Piana’s Mentality for focus and concentration (Adderall feeling).

I use recommended products from Elvi his pre work out thread is unmatched. Even if a product changes formula or name brand he’s on top of it. The thread has detailed personal experiences and a good place to catch up on what’s new in the market.

I really like Rich Piana’s Mentality for focus and concentration (Adderall feeling).
So you couldn't name one or two things specifically you learned or you liked? What you typed here required more work than naming which ingredients you have experienced and liked.

I've never been particularly interested in that thread. I know this sounds negative but it wasn't intended to be.

I keep it simple

Pre workout meal, add potassium salt, 2 iu gh

Monster + Gatorade zero for electrolytes on way to gym. I'll try and get in a small nap pre.

If very low calorie, a shot of tne

I always / still love the legit DMAA / DMHA pre(s). Never had negative side effects and the feel good, endless energy is unmatched for me. I just use them on my squat leg day usually since those push 2 hrs. Currently rotating Gulag which has been great and Crack Gold Edition.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear