advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What would you do if you couldn't be a bodybuilder?

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This thought ran through my head on the drive to the hospital when I tore my pec. It was weird because 50% of my mind was planning my rehab/return, and 50% of me was making an immediate game plan as to what I could do next.

So... what would you do?

honestly, i would drop all my weight and start back on the paintball circuit.. i played in top amatuer and pro level for quite a few years.. then dropped out.. but, would go back and get my ass creamed by the young guns if i could not lift anymore..

I think I'd find other athletic stuff to do.

I really enjoy swimming and biking. I also like just getting out walking in the woods and hunting.

I'd find something fun to do instead of lifting. I don't like sitting around.

Bike more. I love bicycles.

I would get back into motorcycle racing instead of just riding the twisties on the weekend. I would also do more mountain biking (freeride/downhill).

I would most likely also become a workaholic again.

Damn, that is a hard question! I have often asked myself that same thing.

I would probably just focus on other activities like do more martial arts and swimming and stuff. I love outdoor stuff too!

I personally would...

-Get really involved in brazilian jiu-jitsu, as it's my 2nd most favorite hobby. I'd probably wind up fighting.

-When my girlfriend and I move, most likely back home, my parents are considering turning our garage in to a guest house. If so, I would take my mom's gardening area and transform it into my own garden. She hasn't had a garden in a few years, and I've always been drawn to growing plants. My father likes growing flowers and plants from seeds and bulbs.

-I'd get really involved in dogs. We plan on getting a french bulldog and an english bulldog. I'd love to become involved in breeding, training, and caring for dogs. If the hottest naked woman on earth was walking a puppy, I wouldn't even notice her over the puppy.

-I'd also look for more artistic outlets. I like working with my hands, so sculpting or carpentry or building SOMETHING would stimulate me well. I'm good at projects.

-I'd also spend LOTS of time refining the foods I cook to be gourmet-like. I started baking from scratch when I was 12 and cooking better than the average mother by the time I was 16. My mom could open up her own bakery/restaurant with her talent. I just copied her. To this day, I've never eaten more than a handful of meals cooked by any girlfriend. It's always assumed that if we're cooking, I'm cooking.

When I think about it... the older I get, the more my father and I have in common. Our brains think the same way, we're just drawn to different talents.

Naturally, my obsession would shift toward my next priority... becoming 100% fluent in Chinese.

I'd be on a motorcycle all the time ...

probably golf a lot more, nice thing about bb, it's relatively cheap if you want it to be, gym memberships are dirt cheap still

Agreed. The owner of my gym was actually saying that rates were higher 15 years ago for all the clubs here in our town.

Everybody's riding motorcycles around here. It's a family promise that I'll never get on one. My dad's best man was killed on a bike because somebody ran a red light. My dad's friend of 45 years, who made their wedding rings, lost a son on a bike as well.

My hobbies are wussy compared to yours.

Agreed. The owner of my gym was actually saying that rates were higher 15 years ago for all the clubs here in our town.

Everybody's riding motorcycles around here. It's a family promise that I'll never get on one. My dad's best man was killed on a bike because somebody ran a red light. My dad's friend of 45 years, who made their wedding rings, lost a son on a bike as well.

My hobbies are wussy compared to yours.

I grew up on motorcycles - I got my first one when I was 4 years old...and have rode ever since...I actully sold my buell, little over a year ago, becasue I felt like I wasnt riding enough cause of work and bodybuilding...but now I miss it and might have to invest into another bike next summer...

Bicycles

I'd probably be doing more cycling. I grew up working in the bike industry and have raced/ridden bicycles for my entire life. They were my first love and would be the first thing I'd go back to if I weren't involved in the world of bodybuilding.

endocrinologist, nomad, poet, revolutionary

jiu-jitsu, skateboard, rock band:)

golf...

Wayyy more money to be made if taken seriously rather than just a hobby, and golf actually got me into weight training in the first place....

get back to playing drums, cook more, and probably find some other physical activity, maybe semi pro football. theres a few leagues around here thatll take anyone at all.

Intriqued

I personally would...

-Get really involved in brazilian jiu-jitsu, as it's my 2nd most favorite hobby. I'd probably wind up fighting.

-When my girlfriend and I move, most likely back home, my parents are considering turning our garage in to a guest house. If so, I would take my mom's gardening area and transform it into my own garden. She hasn't had a garden in a few years, and I've always been drawn to growing plants. My father likes growing flowers and plants from seeds and bulbs.

-I'd get really involved in dogs. We plan on getting a french bulldog and an english bulldog. I'd love to become involved in breeding, training, and caring for dogs. If the hottest naked woman on earth was walking a puppy, I wouldn't even notice her over the puppy.

-I'd also look for more artistic outlets. I like working with my hands, so sculpting or carpentry or building SOMETHING would stimulate me well. I'm good at projects.

-I'd also spend LOTS of time refining the foods I cook to be gourmet-like. I started baking from scratch when I was 12 and cooking better than the average mother by the time I was 16. My mom could open up her own bakery/restaurant with her talent. I just copied her. To this day, I've never eaten more than a handful of meals cooked by any girlfriend. It's always assumed that if we're cooking, I'm cooking.

When I think about it... the older I get, the more my father and I have in common. Our brains think the same way, we're just drawn to different talents.

You seem to be complex, versatile, and a very interesting guy

Hey Dave, did you ever hear the mark twain quote about this...

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years."

not exactly what you are talking about...but thought you might like that :D

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner