over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the chemistry of youth?

Hormones play a role, but only a limited one. A lot of us probably have higher test levels now than we did as a teenager, workout more, and eat better yet still feel old.

I think many of us on forums use " hormonal " assistance . Like you said that is only part . You need to have the desire the drive the energy to be active . Some guys allow life and depression to set in . Hey strive for health and happiness don't let any one tell you that you can't or too old . Strong mind = strong body . The bodybuilding lifestyle don't always mean abusing drugs and gear - far as I see I use moderate to enhance my health, still eat well , rest and keep myself interested in other things . Never let things go stale on any area of life - if people can't get that you are as young or old as you feel ! That's a shame , cuz that comes from within not from others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each time I get to talk to a lovely 20 y.o. brunette (blonde or redhead fine with me too :p), believe me I instantly feel 15 years younger... :D

Hormones, neurotransmitters, drugs... most definitely... but above all it's a state of mind. :)

Each time I get to talk to a lovely 20 y.o. brunette (blonde or redhead fine with me too :p), believe me I instantly feel 15 years younger... :D

Hormones, neurotransmitters, drugs... most definitely... but above all it's a state of mind. :)

Hey I many times regret never being married etc but dating girls 20 years younger does help lol

I definitely noticed aging once I started training bjj that has tons of cardio.

For most of my life I've aged extremely well since I stayed out of the sun, was careful not to overtrain and spent most of my time indoors.

Now the last 3 years I strayed from that dynamic and I'm noticing subtle signs of aging.

Definitely there is a consensus that the less you eat, the less you age.

But I also think keeping activity levels down and staying away from alcohol, steroids, etc is key.

But what causes aging in the first place? Why can a 17 year old break all the rules with impunity? I think most of us are dodging the question.

It is NOT a state of mind.

For most of my life I've been extremely negative, closed minded and I've never been much fun. Surprised? lol I probably have the warrior gene that interferes with processing serotonin. I never try new things because I already know what I like which is almost nothing except watching TV or beating people up.

But I aged very well, I'm 42 and sometimes I have to remind people at my MMA academy that I'm not 27. Since I branched out, made new friends and started training, I aged more, not less.

Let's cut the bullshit and get some real discussion, you say it's a state of mind but the wrinkles on your face don't lie

For most of my life I've been extremely negative, closed minded and I've never been much fun. Surprised? lol I probably have the warrior gene that interferes with processing serotonin. I never try new things because I already know what I like which is almost nothing except watching TV or beating people up.

But I aged very well, I'm 42 and sometimes I have to remind people at my MMA academy that I'm not 27. Since I branched out, made new friends and started training, I aged more, not less.

Let's cut the bullshit and get some real discussion, you say it's a state of mind but the wrinkles on your face don't lie

LOL!

that is surprising to hear because with me and many of the people I know, it is almost the complete opposite... It's amazing just how different people are in this world

LOL!

that is surprising to hear because with me and many of the people I know, it is almost the complete opposite... It's amazing just how different people are in this world

It's cool, I wish I could enjoy more things but I simply don't.

But most of these people that are out all the time tend to look pretty old, I don't really see how it helps or affects anything.

If anything they tend to run themselves down more staying out late, missing sleep and drinking alcohol which ages them.

My theory is that conserving energy is better. I looked a lot better when I just worked out every few days and slept a lot after work.

Last edited:

Respectfully speak on yourself . No wrinkles here and I train stronger and smarter . Of course like you I don't drink or smoke but AAS helps me continue to train . It absolute is in your minx you just aren't a believer so no need to insult others

Respectfully speak on yourself . No wrinkles here and I train stronger and smarter . Of course like you I don't drink or smoke but AAS helps me continue to train . It absolute is in your minx you just aren't a believer so no need to insult others

Maybe also speak for yourself.

Plenty of people do what you do and look shitty and old.

No need to get pissy, I wasn't really meaning to get pissy either, it's just how I sound. lol

I should also add that I'm training like 4 hours a day and working 10, I'm really stressed too. This guy that rents my house is a major POS. lol

My training has weight lifting, BJJ, Muay Thai and it's a lot of heavy breathing.

A typical bodybuilding routine seems really easy now. After 20 seconds I'm fully recovered. lol

So maybe my idea of "a lot of training" is different than most of you.

But it's aging me man. I can do more than I could in my 20's, but I don't look 20 anymore.

No getting away from that fact, I don't look bad for my age at all but that's not the point. The point is...what causes aging?

You are only as young as the girl you are touching :D

To me this is a complex subject and hormones are just part of the formula. Sure you could put yourself in a hormonally superior position and in a sense feel the best way possible. However this is not just about sex hormones like has been mentioned. This is about everything...

Testosterone
Dopamine
Serotonin
Oxytocin
Progesterone
Prolactin
Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone
Luteinizing hormone
Thyroid stimulating hormone
IGF-1
etc

But there is far more to all of this. With youth comes innocence and eveything is new and that accounts for a lot. Most have a much different outlook on life when they are younger. Stewie, Kinglewy and LK3 etc have made some great points.

You could play about with hormones so you are in the high normal range of test with estrogen in range, lower prolactin and higher dopamine. You could use small doses of GHRP to create large hgh spikes in the day. You could add in some adaptogens to help your mind/body deal with stress etc. Some anti-oxidants and other health supplements to help with cell regeneration, inflammation, free radicals, immune system and well being etc. All of this will definitely help but your state of mind is the most important factor. Although these hormones/supplements can help with that state of mind in many ways.

I have to add I understand when some people say it's not about your state of mind. Reason being what is youth... it's different for everyone. What most of us think of and some of the things Allex posted some people were never anything like that even when they were 18. Some people are miserable with no energy even as teenagers. There are many young people not into sex etc. So Allex wants to feel young again which is more a physical thing for him from his post but his state of mind to me definitely comes into it. But when you age and look completely different and well older it's hard to feel 18 again. Some of the things I mentioned would definitely help though but I guess that's life and we all have to get old someday. Well not me... I was touching a 22 year old acting like a school girl last night so I am gtg :D

I'm 51 lol no wrinkles , got all my hair and I can't recall dating a girl over 31 . Bodybuilding natty for 15 years , I hate the word martial arts but as child I haze over 40 years if training . I got no family or kids so only responsible for me so has much to do. I tip my hat to all you dads out there I could not be one . All my life training at least 4 hours day and I don't get tired, o know how to pace. Never in life have I touched alcohol or cigs or street drugs but in my 30s began AAS and hgh and continue to improve . I watch my health , regular labs my doc of 20 years is well aware . Way back before mma was mma I did, but I stopped cuz I hate sport training not cuz I can't train . Army 75th regime toured 3 times over seas that is the fighting I made priority . I seek health but do AAS cycles don't bridge . I'm stronger better shape now than ever . Maybe Father Time is on my back but not yet - not even close . So ya all entitled to believe what you want , but that's me . Not typical - holidays you guys have fun enjoy family . I regret I missed out on that doing whAt I do . Retired now from army , social work in jails and prisons with chronic mentally ill .

So Allex wants to feel young again which is more a physical thing for him from his post but his state of mind to me definitely comes into it.

I don't ask for me.

I'm curious about the science in it.

Ummm post #4 and #22 which are yours ask about hormones. So that implies you think it's just hormone related...cuz....you ONLY asked about the hormones. Duh.

This is the opening post of the thread:

In males...

You know, that particular time in your life when you get a new girlfriend and start pounding at 10pm and by 4am you're not done yet.

When your diet is basically pizza and hot dog and you still have abs.

When you miss sleeping 3 nights in a row and can still function like a human being.

When you wake up in the morning energized and do a thousand things in just one day.

When you go to school and all the complicated subjects are not that difficult to grasp.

What is that chemistry in actual numbers? How would a complete hormone and related factors panel show up in the blood of that guy?

How do you emulate that chemical environment?

Once I noticed it's virtually impossible to put a figure on all of those factors, I thought maybe if we understand the hormones, we could be onto something.

This is VERY different from saying "take some test". Do you think older people don't "take some test"?

I was looking at normal range of DHT in bloodwork and it's 250-2000pg/ml in adult males, so I take a younger male has something close to 2000pg/ml. Question is: can you supplement DHT, where do you find it, etc, etc, etc...

This is what I was looking for, but like LK3 said, everything down/up regulates and it gets fucked up. I do understand that.

Still, if it's an idiotic subject to you, maybe go find a trenbolone thread.

I haven't read all the replies yet but wanna get my response in...

what I think is interesting, is EVEN if we did find the chemical formula for "fountain of youth" I don't think it would work... lets take who everyone thinks is the best genetic responder to super supps: Kevin Levrone. Even with his elite genetics and taking prob pharma gear etc. he could NOT achieve his look of his younger years. waist was a bit wider, legs a lot smaller etc. As things are now, it semms our bodies wouldn't accept these hormones anyway...
I think there is some correlation between aging and getting sides way worse than when you were younger. its like the receptors are starting to shut down maybe...? something causes the body to not handle things as well when it was younger. in my mid 20's I could BLAST away. sides were tolerable with eq tren etc... now at almost 40 I get sides so bad from things I prob run half of the mgs I did in my 20's...
rambling a bit but I like this thread.
-F2S

what I think is interesting, is EVEN if we did find the chemical formula for "fountain of youth" I don't think it would work...

I agree...

But please notice that the thread asks the question: "what's that chemistry?", not exactly "how can we do it artificially?"

I also keep reading about telomerase, epitalon and a bunch of other stuff that I'd like to understand better if possible.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear