over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

When and how did your online bb persona begin on the internet

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I thought this might me an interesting thread as I was reading some of the responses on the thread about that fraud guy/girl panning themselves as "trinity d". So I wonder who are the people on this board and where did they come from how did they get here. Most of us don't want to post real names in this game but I think everyone can post about their internet persona.

The true measure of experience is to find out how long people have been in the game and what their experiences are. I kinda look at the content of the post and if it's just cut and paste and read for yourself it's not really saying anything. The more interesting posts are where someone breaks down an article and applies personal knowledge and experience to it.
Look around in this very medium that you post on. ;)

I learned a long time ago - every single hardcore principle involving training cycles, food, contest prep, posing, sex, shit everything has been discussed on this board. We spend oh soo much time time regurgitating the same shit over and over again due to people being too lazy to search. They want everything spoon fed to them.

Try it sometime - don't look on the front page - go back 50 pages, then go back 100 , then 200 - you will see a lot of knowledge especially from many long term vets that hung up the boards due to life experiences age etc.
This board is literally a time capsule back to June 2002, and while many people think things have changed so much, the basics haven't and never will.

Personally, I did not get wired until 1996, we had a desktop PC at work but I don't remember there being any internet other than e-mail. I got a Compaq PC from Circuit City, I think I still have it in my garage storage I may snap a picture. My smart phone probably has more memory. :p

I somehow stumbled onto misc/fitness/weights group and it was just a flurry of disorganized posts compared to what we have now Bill Phillips, Duchaine Patrick Arnold, and thousands of lifters that would eventually populate the new message boards. My first real board was Elite Fitness, then found links to Anabolex, UG, Meso, Varix, Muscle builder etc.

So many boards sprung up over the next few years it may take someone posting about them to jar my memory...one of early favorites was the GOT FINA board - really like the design and lay out there. Steroidology and Anabolic Review were good too.

I was a Moderator at anabolex in the latter 1990's early 2000's and started moderating Mayhem in 2002. I stepped down from bolex, and started moderating Intense Muscle around that time too. I think I started coming here in 2003, and created a my known internet board persona handle name I used since 1996 on PM in 2004. I stepped down from bolex, and started moderating Intense Muscle around that time too.

PRO Muscle has always stood alone as a unique board where you could come discuss hardcore bodybuilding all in the comfort of a forum moderated by advanced bb'ers with a lot of time in the game.

A lot of people have come and gone but I think the basic principles still apply, this is really the only place I discuss hardcore bb'ing. There is probably so much I forgot -hopefully this thread will remind me of the times gone past - that was probably the golden age of the message boards before social media smart phones tablets and all that jazz.

Funny how times have changed I always chuckle of how the young kids think that everyone always did grams and grams of drugs back in the 80's and 90's. I didn't start till 97 and then that was canned by my doc retiring and Steris Labs getting closed. I remember the dark days of snail mail and waiting for the letter or the slip or even the package to come.

I have some old lists somewhere I found when going through old boxes
Some notable sources
Haldun -turkey
J Jones aka Mr Kim from South Korea
The doc from Portugal
Paul Masters from the UK
OK Sokura? Greece
The thailand pharmacies -too many to remember
The mexican pharmacies -again too many to remember

funny the other day I saw a kid looking at an online steroid shop on his smart phone as he was talking to his partner and said that the "dbol was pinks and 5 mg" He was pretty open about it.

I was like thinking to myself "damn momma a lot of shit has changed!"

so what's your board pedigree - or how long you been in the game. (and please some of young guys don't come back with your age of 30 and say you started at 12 years old lol seen that shit before- I got 18 years experience!! yea sure LOL)

Let's the memories flow!!!

Last edited:
Anabolex in 2004. Just coming out of college baseball at the age of 21...actually thought I was transferring for my final 2 yrs, but that didn't work out. So, running a cycle and staying in shape turned into a more serious endeavor and lifestyle. By 2007, I was competing...and by 2009, working in the industry.

First sources: Eunice and Marssel.

Last edited:
my short version

Your some years ahead of me MG.
For me it was 99.I was 21, 22 yrs old maybe. I had been driving to mexico and training at a small place here in town alone. Made the Move to Golds Gym (where I meet crypto and maverick)
Soon I learned what the Message forums were.
The first board I seen was At cryponites house making a purchase lol. It was renegade and the Muscle Image they used as a logo.

I Lurked the gade a bit. First boards I later joined were UG
and then mesomorph.net....owned by Mr.Huge, moderated by crypto,BBA,BK,WillK
Stk was there BigA was there and that is where I meet up with Big A

willK had started a board called RippedMass (now still owned by BigA)
We all Moved over there from mesomorph. Later BigA opened ProfessionalBodybuilding.com
that soon after turned into this site ProfessionalMuscle.com
and Man how time flys! Im 38 yrs old now.

First sources online-
IP,Ganabol,Alin,Russian_, SBC
All were kick ass and to this day I still talk to all but 1.

Last edited:
04 or so found bodybuildingforyou

Few years later started at anabolicminds

Moved here in 2011 for the sponsors of course

Got banned and started over again lol

First forum was Fitness Geared in maybe '01 or '02. Met a gal on there that got me over to CJM where I've been a mod for about 12 years. Dabbled in a few other boards, now just here and CJM. Mostly the think tank thread here.
I'm 62, been involved in strength and bodybuilding since, well, I did my first set of bicep curls in '68.... as far as my online identity, it came from the lyrics an old song by Tennessee (I'm from there, originally) Ernie Ford titled 16 Tons:
"Some people say a man is made out of mud..
but a poor man's made out of muscle and blood
muscle and blood, skin and bone
with a mind that's weak and a back that's strong..."

Last edited:
Before i was bodybuilding i had some friends in the game and they were always on PM ordering... this was about 2007 or so... i use to go on their accounts and read up on training and diet here... they never posted, just ordered lol.. A few years later when i started getting more serious w lifting i came back on and started posting... I remember my first sources were IP and Dynasty...

Started training in '89

Started competing in '91

Started gear in '92 - Upjohn Cyp, Deca and d-bol

Started GH in '93

Started insulin in '95

Started the biggest real life steroid distribution in the country in '97 (forget about how many vials fit in a box or even a carton, I can tell you how many fit on a pallet). It was all done with the Australian Health Department blessing (off the record), so when eventually it all got unravelled, everyone involved just walked away with a smile on the face (think of the movie Lord of War, but with steroids).

Started on the net in '98

I set up Alin as a source in '99 who then became the biggest international source by far and still is, owning real factories (not home made shit) where he makes everything for himself plus TONS of other brands on the net. People think they buy different brands and rant about how much better they are than others, when in fact they are ALL made in Alin's factories even those brands than openly, on the forums "hate" on Alin. Some of you think you have the "inside" knowledge on what is going on but you are totally clueless (it is designed that way).

I was the first one on the net to track down in real life an internet persona that owed me money and then travel across the world and confront him in real life. That was in 2000, then 2001, 2002 and more.

I became pro in 2000.

I was head mod on Renegade and then started ProfessionalBodybuilding which then became ProfessionalMuscle in 2002.

I introduced to the boards the concept of paying "sponsors"

I introduced to the board language the terms "dvds" and "postcards". "postcards" was with Alin and then "dvds" with everyone else afterwards.

I introduced the first generic GH to the boards, by getting bulk powders and repackaging them.

After Dan Duchaine gave me the idea, I actively helped organise the first paper products.

I was behind organising the "Stealth" product concept.

And a lot more.

I've also been accused of being a Fed, DEA agent, organised crime (Mafia), Alin himself, and my favourite of all - Illuminati :cool:

1996 misc.fitness.weights newsgroup. Then Elitefitness which had 5 posts week! Hardly any members. Then all the other popular forums of course.

O.L. Skouvara was the source in Greece and to this day the best that ever existed. He was the Amazon.com of sources. Can get you anything that existed in the pharma world for pennies on the dollar.

Then locally Dr. Doolittle and Sevante all good mexican AAS.. Dr D was top notch and would front shit all the time. These 2 guys knew each other and bickered all the time on the forums. Lol

Then modern day Gauls was the man. Let's all tip a 40oz of whey protein to our fallen homie.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I was on a 350Z forum and posted a question about diet and clen in the Off Topic "Health & Fitness" subsection. Another member there sent me a pm telling me I should join MuscleChemistry.com, so I did.

I got to know all the regulars over there, learned some things. At that time Chris250 was a member both over there and on here. Through his posts I learned about this forum and joined.

I quickly realized this was a much better forum and I became a regular here and stopped posting at MuscleChemistry. I'm grateful I found this place, I have learned SO MUCH!

wow ...i wanted to learn about juice and more about training ect and found a online forum thats been gone for years..I ususally pick a diff name for every board.this one for exp someone has my normal name.I dont lie or fk about but when i was younger ill admit i did some trolling and liked to piss people off...but i was like 19...now im older...Most interested in training and supplemnts still...as i only cycle two times a year MAX some years without any gear.Ill spend alot of time on boards and then due to life not be online for months...SO far I like this board seems friendly and like the power/stronman forum enuff though i dont have enuff posts for aas discussion/..wasnt sure if this is the right forum for this type of discussion or its saved only for others

Started training in '89. First cycle in '92, then...got involved in my own IT business, spend some time on misc.fitness.weights, talked with a few guys on there in 95-96, still training, but not regularly.

2005 I was 45, hated what I had become, and set a couple life goals on my b-day: to get back to regular training, and to race motorcycles again. I bought a 1000RR, and tricked it out that winter - hence, PhatRR.

Plus, I was fatter than anybody had a right to be. I needed to be reminded of that.

Unfortunately, in May '06, I was diagnosed with an incurable disease, and told within 10-12 years all my connective tissue would turn to bone. I decided to start cycling again, and do strongman - because it's what I wanted to do, and I was at the "fuck it" it's my life.

I ended up as a mod on Narkissos board for a while, I've done a lot of tech work for high-traffic sites. Generally keep a low profile.

Started training in '89

Started competing in '91

Started GH in '93

Started insulin in '95

Started the biggest real life steroid distribution in the country in '97 (forget about how many vials fit in a box or even a carton, I can tell you how many fit on a pallet). It was all done with the Australian Health Department blessing (off the record), so when eventually it all got unravelled, everyone involved just walked away with a smile on the face (think of the movie Lord of War, but with steroids).

I set up Alin as a source in '99 who then became the biggest international source by far and still is, owning real factories (not home made shit) where he makes everything for himself plus TONS of other brands on the net. People think they buy different brands and rant about how much better they are than others, when in fact they are ALL made in Alin's factories even those brands than openly, on the forums "hate" on Alin. Some of you think you have the "inside" knowledge on what is going on but you are totally clueless (it is designed that way).

I was the first one on the net to track down in real life an internet persona that owed me money and then travel across the world and confront him in real life. That was in 2000, then 2001, 2002 and more.

I became pro in 2000.

I was head mod on Renegade and then started ProfessionalBodybuilding which then became ProfessionalMuscle in 2002.

I introduced to the board language the terms "dvds" and "postcards". "postcards" was with Alin and then "dvds" with everyone else afterwards.

I introduced the first generic GH to the boards, by getting bulk powders and repackaging them.

After Dan Duchaine gave me the idea, I actively helped organise the first paper products.

And a lot more.

I've also been accused of being a Fed, DEA agent, organised crime (Mafia), Alin himself, and my favourite of all - Illuminati :cool:

I can honestly say that this is the most interesting post that I have ever read on this site, by far. Reading that just made me think of the movie "Blow." Hollywood could literally make a movie on you. Damn, I wished that I could have met you in the early 90s. Lol.

Was on the old Bolex...IronMike was a Mod there and suggested I check out Big A's boards...Eventually went over to aboard and hooked up with the guys there and been with Big A and company ever since.....

Started training in '89

Started competing in '91

Started GH in '93

Started insulin in '95

I became pro in 2000.

And a lot more.

like VM said very interesting post, just awesome!!:D:headbang: also I have accused you of many more things in my own brain, nothing bad but I have haha

At age 61, I am much older than most here. I bought a home weight set and started lifting as a skinny teen to put on some weight. I fell in love.

After lifting at home for some time, I joined a gym/fitness club. It was a nice step up for me. In the mid-80’s I changed jobs and my new office was just a few blocks from a new, hard-core gym. I joined there and found myself surrounded by some huge hard-core guys. My training groundwork was laid from reading Franco Columbo’s book “Winning Bodybuilding”. I had always trained hard but was always natural so I was a bit chubby but solid 220 lbs. My first taste of anabolics came from a bottle of Upjohn cyp. All the years of natural lifting paid off. I blew up to a much leaner 240 lbs. real fast.

Those days were pre-net so you got whatever was in town at the time. It was mostly test and sustenons, from Mexico, Pakistan, Omni’s from Poland, the old Anadrols, pink Dballs and a couple times, parabolans from Negma in the little brown amps. Loved those. There were very few using HG. It was Saizens and they were very expensive. Insulin and peptides were not even on the radar yet.

I learned in those days that busting your ass consistently in the gym with some real weight, taking even moderate amounts of gear and eating… then eating some more would take you very far. I get a chuckle out of how everything is over-analyzed and picked into a million pieces these days.

In the 90’s, along came the net and I joined the UG and the Gade. Did a lot of lurking. First order was for some pink Thai’s. Used Michael King too. Classic case of one day you have an excellent source, next day, its bad. A model that repeats itself to this day.

I remember getting an invite from BigA in 2002 and jumped over to ProM and never looked back. Its been a gold mine of knowledge and good comradery too. Where else can you get this much advice and knowlege from REAL and EXPERIENCED bodybuilders? Its all right here for those willing to look. Its a huge library.

These days, I still love lifting. But, after dealing with some serious health issues, my goals have changed a lot. I have enjoyed every step of the way and would do it all again.

I started weight training in 1979. I went to the original Results 2 own by Vranicar Brothers and Pete Coulter. Pete sold it out to the Vranicar Brothers. Marty and his brother named Pete also would have legendary fights in that gym. The could not get along at all. Marty sold it to Pete and got a new gym in Lemoyne, PA called World of Fitness. I design his sign out front.

I was about 6'1" at 145 Pounds when I started weight training. Marty took me under his wing and train me free. One day when I was asking for supplements, he looked at me and told me to take these. They were little blue pills, I had no idea what they were at the time. I took 3 a day and they lasted 1 month. I put on 15 pounds and ask Marty to give me some more of this supplements, they were great. He laughed and said sure. I later found out it was Dianball and that got the ball rolling for me. At one time, I got up to 275 pounds, now I am a lean 220.

When I trained, I trained hard and we ate like champs. We did not depend on the Steroids like some guys do now a days. We believed you had to work hard to achieve your goals.

I was never really into computers and didn't even own one until 2005. I was never a part of any forums, but trained and knew many pros. I was around that scene in the early 90's in venice beach. Phil Goglia was a good friend and was a nutritionist to some Pros.

I only got computers for one thing, my business. One day I was bored and started to research some things and came across ProfessionalMuscle. I was blown away by the knowledge here, that is why I stayed. I been to many other forums and lost interest because of stupidity posting or lack of knowledge. This is the board I stayed with to this day. I had the pleasure also in meeting some of you.

As far as my experience: 35 years of training and yes I fine tune my body over the years. I know how to eat good and not stuff my face with a lot of junk. I been in 14 shows and never placed worse then 4th and won 2 regionals. Back when I started it was AAU. One day after talking to my Bud Phil, he showed me what I had to take to start competing at The national level. When I saw it, I decided I didn't want to risk that much and retired. I really didn't have the best genetics anyhow. 5 years ago at 50, I wanted to see if I could still get that ripped body. I did a show and came in at 5%, so that answered my question. Now I stay lean all year.

Now I like coming here for 1 reason. To educate the younger guys and help when I can. I am no Guru, just have some experience under my belt and know what can work and what can not. I like this board, that is why I exposed guys like TrinityD and maybe I sound like a prick sometimes, but mostly to protect others for things that I see and made mistakes myself. I generally care about people.

I still to this day, have the passion of working out and improving my body. I will be 55 in 1 week.

I can honestly say that this is the most interesting post that I have ever read on this site, by far. Reading that just made me think of the movie "Blow." Hollywood could literally make a movie on you. Damn, I wished that I could have met you in the early 90s. Lol.

I was going to say something similar...Big A, when the life story becomes a best seller, maybe PM members can get a discount on Amazon.

That would be some memoir. Damn.

Started training at 16, had done my first cycle at 19. Then waited another 4 year before cycling again.

Registered under "bigswiftos" at steroid.com, changed to Swifto. Went through the ranks and became a respect Mod, and was later banned for starting Steroidal.com and its network of sites and labelled a "scammer" to ruin the reputation I had built.

Steroidal.com is now one of the largest sites for sheer content and is updated daily on steroid news, whilst we're growing other sections such as, Nutrition & Supplements.

Journey continues and has only just began...

First starting lifting around 1997.. got serious around 99 and didnt have a internet hookup yet so me and the boys would ride down to nuevo laredo and pick up stuff (12hr ride).. mainly brovel and tornel shit.. and laurabolin LOL.. reforvit B.. and the REDI-JECTS.. loved em!

Then I ended up on mike strongs vip board and got hooked with some dude named pro man from tx i think.. then he got popped and i ended up on outlaw and ssb..

was dealing with gymace and some dude named paperweight for a while.. and a guy named THAT.. and lest i forget oscaro! dude is still legit from what I hear..

took almost a decade off from the game and just got to looking online and found PM by luck of the draw..

I was going to say something similar...Big A, when the life story becomes a best seller, maybe PM members can get a discount on Amazon.

That would be some memoir. Damn.

Monte being an east coaster like me were you around during the Nutropin AQ days? Clear GH vials with no label and blue tops. I think Brian who owned Anobolex? Sp? Was the main source for that. I'm guessing year 1998ish.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311