over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

when you were new to lifting.

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
When you started lifting did you get any solid advice amongst all the BS from anyone? what advice was that?
The first person to give me any good advice was a guy Mike. i was working part time at ballys and walking around with a copy of M&F or flex following a routine i saw in there....really high volume if i remember. Mike was close to 50 at the time, a former detective and competitive powerlifter, he kept his bodyfat in check all the time as well. I talked to him from time to time usually never about training because i thought i knew everything. well one day he saw me walking in with my lunch from wendy's or something like that and asked what the hell i was doing. i told him i just need the calories because i cant put on any weight blah blah blah. you know where my train of thought was going. the sloppy bulk. still didnt gain any weight though. mike asked me to come find him after i ate. he was warming up on flat bench and asked me what i was trying to do. i told him i basically just want to be huge, like every other 18 yr old kid in the gym. he responded with " well your fucking that up royaly." he set me up with a program where my workouts centered around the big 3, bench, dead, and squat. wiht some shoulder, ham, calf, and arm work. training only 3 days a week but always heavy and no more than 3 or 4 sets per bodypart. didnt really set up a diet other than saying to drop the junk food and if there wasnt anything in my mouth at any given moment i should be chewing on meat potatoes and veggies. ALL THE TIME. all in all really the best advice you could give a kid that wasnt going to listen anyway. well i stuck with it for the summer and made some decent progress, but alas youth reared its ugly head and i decided that if this worked so well ill jsut do more and get better results. without a good understanding of diet though my progress stopped....i can just imagine if i would have stuck with that until i found this site how much further i could be by now. its almost like i wasted the first 5 years of my training. not for lack of motivation but lack of knowledge.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws