over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who’s suffering what injury ?

comedycentral

Registered
Just wondering about getting a who’s got injury thread going and how you are training around it or not as the case may be and what you do daily etc.

I’ll start. Low back issues going on 10 Years. Slight disc bulge but nothing excessive. You name it mobility wise I do it. Usually I can keep,on top of it but the last month it’s kept me out of training. Even sleeping funny can leave me waking up stiff as a board. Im now trying an anti inflammatory diet with no starches seeing if that helps. I’m sometimes happy when my shoulder flares up. Gives me something else to think about.

Torn pec (never had surgery), minor rotator cuff tear that has mostly gotten better over time with some BPC, 3 herniated discs, spinal stenosis, scoliosis and my knees creek like a 90 year old. But other than that I’m fucking aces!

c7 nerve compression, bone spurs on neck, military neck, l5-s1 discectomy last dec. (so happy I did this surgery), bulge on l4-l5, herniation l3-l4, facet joint arthropathy...and also neck, back, and shoulder pain. Oh...and I'm very nervous that my tricep is atrophying and getting weaker.

Torn pec (never had surgery), minor rotator cuff tear that has mostly gotten better over time with some BPC, 3 herniated discs, spinal stenosis, scoliosis and my knees creek like a 90 year old. But other than that I’m fucking aces!
How does your back issues affect your training.

c7 nerve compression, bone spurs on neck, military neck, l5-s1 discectomy last dec. (so happy I did this surgery), bulge on l4-l5, herniation l3-l4, facet joint arthropathy...and also neck, back, and shoulder pain. Oh...and I'm very nervous that my tricep is atrophying and getting weaker.
That’s a pretty comprehensive list especially from the back. What do you have to do to compensate or is there anything you can’t do

Recovering from torn quad surgery and shoulder surgery for torn rotator cuff , subscapularis at humerus and long head biceps at shoulder. both the beginning of February

just getting back to actively training upper body , doing same movements I’ve alway done just WAY lighter. Only doing machines For chest right now , very light dumbbells for curls , side laterals and shoulder presses. I can train back pretty hard already but still using very slow controlled movements.

currently dealing with a little tennis elbow and platellar tendinitis , chiropractor is needling , cupping and deep massaging all that 2x a week along with ice and stretching. Being back at work has caused both to flare up and be a pain in the ass

I'd like to see everyone post what led to these injuries as well.

How? This is a mind-blowing list for someone who wasn't a professional athlete, wasn't an elite lifter, etc.

The list is to long to type out.

How does your back issues affect your training.
Pretty much everything listed above has contributed to me being tied to machines for the rest of my lifting days. Basically only use free weights for delts (raises) and biceps (curls). Everything else is plate and pin loaded machines. This is why I put up with all the bullshit I’ve ranted about RedCon - other than Revive they have the best selection of equipment in Florida.

Currently I’m not lifting, still recovering from my fall. I’m still working, which is a physical job, so I keep re-agrevating things. I’m hoping by the end of August I’ll be able to get back at it. I can’t grab/hold the bar securely. Any movement in my core still hurts pretty good. So if all goes well it’ll be 4 months of no weights.

-broke nearly half my rib cage
-dislocated & broken right ring finger
-advanced degenerative disease
-ruptured disc at L5-S1
-multilevel wedge deformity from T12-L2
-severe canal stenosis
-2 bulging discs in my neck
-umbilical hernia

*Fall caused rib/finger issues
*Car wreck caused back/neck issues
*Lifting caused hernia

Cage

How? This is a mind-blowing list for someone who wasn't a professional athlete, wasn't an elite lifter, etc.
I rolled my right ankle ona rock , shifted my weight off that and planted my left leg hard and fast and popped my quad. My left leg bulked from torn quad and I grabbed the back of a truck with my left arm and ripped everything loose in my shoulder , wish I could say I had a cool story LOL

I have three partially torn tendons in my shoulder. Not currently training and just doing cardio. I was training and when doing lat pull downs and I felt a squish in my shoulder as I think I went up too high. Three days later I woke up from bed and the shit hurt. Dr wanted me to do PT before surgery so I got a week left of PT thats not really doing anything so probably will have to have surgery in a few. This shit happened in January and I stopped lifting in Feb due to just not being able to flex my left side. Been through a couple of docs and had to wait to get into a doc that was highly regarded.

With me genuinely no idea but have a feeling it was years of poor technique and lack of proper warm ups. I’d go in the gym quick set with the bar and then off I went.

Currently I’m not lifting, still recovering from my fall. I’m still working, which is a physical job, so I keep re-agrevating things. I’m hoping by the end of August I’ll be able to get back at it. I can’t grab/hold the bar securely. Any movement in my core still hurts pretty good. So if all goes well it’ll be 4 months of no weights.

-broke nearly half my rib cage
-dislocated & broken right ring finger
-advanced degenerative disease
-ruptured disc at L5-S1
-multilevel wedge deformity from T12-L2
-severe canal stenosis
-2 bulging discs in my neck
-umbilical hernia

*Fall caused rib/finger issues
*Car wreck caused back/neck issues
*Lifting caused hernia

Cage
Wow. Almost seems wrong to hit the like button. Big list. Everything as a result of the fall or some things long term progressional decline

Oh goodness
2x Hamstring Avulsions
3x Gastrocnemius Tears - 2x surgeries
Partial right knee replacement
Mumford Surgery right clavicle
Tympanic membrane replacement
Liver resection - Chevron incision through full transverse wall
Epigastric hernia

All injuries have actually been from mundane things. Never from max effort lifts or "adventures" outside of mumford and partial knee. Usually trying to multi task during a warm up or not paying attention on a LSD run etc. Anything I have happen to me of a more serious nature I have always walked away with - with a few minor scraps or bruises nothing more.

Never had an injury. No tears, breaks or falls.

Aches and pains, sure, I have had a few.

Low back is the only thing I can really complain about. (And I do, ask my wife.) X-rays and MRI say arthritis. Can’t squat anymore 🙁 No loss there, was never worth a shit at them anyway.

Never pushed big weights, was never a desire, was never impressed by those who did. I wanted to look like a bodybuilder but had to settle for looking good while mowing the lawn . . . sans shirt.

Wow. Almost seems wrong to hit the like button. Big list. Everything as a result of the fall or some things long term progressional decline
My fall broke basically half my ribs & the finger. The back/neck issues came from a car accident.

Some 80+yr old lady hit me from behind. I was stopped & she never touched the brakes. She was estimated to be going 65-70mph. Shoved my truck roughly 200ft into the lanes of oncoming traffic.

I had back issues before this from an injury working offshore. This wreck just added more to it! My back issues have changed how I workout for sure. Focusing on my core though has helped somewhat!!

Cage

My mobility list has gotten longer and longer. Started with core work and some stretches. Added glute work, added hip loosening, added QL stretches, added rotation core and anti rotation. Still feel like I’m 100 years old. I do sometimes get frustrated at work when I see the guys hunched over double digging away or moving stuff with not even a twinge.

Just had my third rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder about 4 months ago.

Have an artificial right knee

Have a prosthetic disk in my lower back that’s cracked

Left pec is straining bad..probably about to go

And I have around 200 stitches right now due to a pretty epic side by side wreck at work.

I just stopped doing conventional deadlifts, stopped jogging and just full on run and swim..and narrowed my bench grip

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131